Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting To change the ownership at one shot Post 302278776 by Aditya.Gurgaon on Wednesday 21st of January 2009 06:34:22 AM
Old 01-21-2009
To change the ownership at one shot

i have a directory in which i have Multiple files:
Following are they====

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 886 Jan 21 16:38 trunkn.xsd
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 244 Jan 21 16:38 trunknameCache.xml
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1240 Jan 21 16:38 subscribercache.xsd
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 406 Jan 21 16:38 subscriberhe.xml
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 8442 Jan 21 16:38 regi.ini
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 6346 Jan 21 16:38 protocol.xml
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 453 Jan 21 16:38 protocol.txt
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 10638 Jan 21 16:38 log4cxx.xml_template
====================================================
I want to change the owner ship at once.if chown agnity:agnity trunkn.xsd will change only one file ownership...i Want to change ownership at one shot.......

Can any one please Help me on this?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I change ownership of a directory and all of it's files.

How do I change ownership of a directory and all of it's files without changing permissions? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mborin
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Print Multipul Fiels as One shot

Hi there This is my first post. I just want to know the best way to print N number of files as one shot. Let's simulate the case ... > ls file1.txt file2.txt file3.txt file4.txt file5.txt What is the best way to print all this files.. what I'm doing now is / > print... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: geoquest
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix screen shot

i would like to see an unix screen shot if anyone could take a screen shot of unix (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: royal
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete all occurence of a word in one shot

i have a file called file1 cat file1 i am namish namish lives in India India and namish both are good. I want to delete all the occurences of namish in one shot,if i do it with sed i guess all the lines will be deleted containing the pattern.Suggest me any idea without AWK. Thanks... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: namishtiwari
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I am the owner,yet not allowed the change the ownership

sm860 IS the owner of the files below,but yet sm860 cannot change the ownership to bpt3a1.Please let me know why ? See below for details --- sm860@unixs741_DEV:/usr/gdp/home/ftp/bpt3a1/incoming/ahdb/T5/pcasav/daily $ ls -l pcasav* -rw-r--r-- 1 sm860 gdpintegrators 821 Sep 21 16:15... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: MSHETTY
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

change multiple ownership

Good afternoon, Sir's, i owuld like to search for some advice, whats the fastest way to change multiple files ownership. For HostnameA will be their basis, for what ever files and permissions that hostnameA has, it should replicate the permissions and ownership to hostname B. $hostname... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: invinzin21
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

My first shot at variables

Okay, so im setting up a script to start my internet dependent scripts once I am connected to the net. It got complicated because of the different networks I frequent but it goes something like this: n=1 iwconfig wlan0 > wireless.txt m= grep -c MGHS /home/jake/Scripts/wireless.txt o= grep -c... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: arcnsparc
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Ownership Change

Hi, I have several directories under an upload directory where differnt users upload their files (with exxactly the same file name every week) using their own user ids. There is a requirement that once any user uploads the file I have to clean that file and remove extra whitespaces and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vbhonde11
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change ownership of a directory

I want to change the ownership of a directory ONLY. my id id1 owns the files under the /mypath/bin but /mypath/bin is owned by id2 If i log into id2 I can't do chown id1 /mypath/bin (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: klarue
1 Replies
SYSTEMD-VOLATILE-ROOT.SERVICE(8)                           systemd-volatile-root.service                          SYSTEMD-VOLATILE-ROOT.SERVICE(8)

NAME
systemd-volatile-root.service, systemd-volatile-root - Make the root file system volatile SYNOPSIS
systemd-volatile-root.service /lib/systemd/systemd-volatile-root DESCRIPTION
systemd-volatile-root.service is a service that replaces the root directory with a volatile memory file system ("tmpfs"), mounting the original (non-volatile) /usr inside it read-only. This way, vendor data from /usr is available as usual, but all configuration data in /etc, all state data in /var and all other resources stored directly under the root directory are reset on boot and lost at shutdown, enabling fully stateless systems. This service is only enabled if full volatile mode is selected, for example by specifying "systemd.volatile=yes" on the kernel command line. This service runs only in the initial RAM disk ("initrd"), before the system transitions to the host's root directory. Note that this service is not used if "systemd.volatile=state" is used, as in that mode the root directory is non-volatile. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemd-fstab-generator(8), kernel-command-line(7) systemd 237 SYSTEMD-VOLATILE-ROOT.SERVICE(8)