Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Displaying only First Occurrence of a String Post 302278705 by cfajohnson on Wednesday 21st of January 2009 03:09:18 AM
Old 01-21-2009
Code:
awk '/AMQ/ && ++a[$1] == 1' "$FILE"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search and replace to first occurrence of string

Hi all, I have a very large; delimited file. In vi I would like to replace: CSACT_DY;AVG_UEACT1;uesPerActiveLinkSetSize_1;#;A CSACT_DY;AVG_UEACT2;uesPerActiveLinkSetSize_2;#;A CSACT_DY;AVG_UEACT3;uesPerActiveLinkSetSize_3;#;A with: CSACT_DY;AVG_UEACT1;Average... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gilmord
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED replace string by occurrence

hi all, I have a text file with following content PAGENUMBER asasasa asasasa PAGENUMBER sasasasasa PAGENUMBER using sed i want to replace PAGENUMBER by occurrence count eg 1 asasasa asasasa 2 sasasasasa 3 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: uttamhoode
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

greping last occurrence of the searched string

Hello, I have active log file i want to grep the last occurrence of the word in that log file the log file gets on increasing and increasing i want to fetch it from live file. Please guide me, Thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vidurmittal
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove characters from string based on occurrence of a string

Hello Folks.. I need your help .. here the example of my problem..i know its easy..i don't all the commands in unix to do this especiallly sed...here my string.. dwc2_dfg_ajja_dfhhj_vw_dec2_dfgh_dwq desired output is.. dwc2_dfg_ajja_dfhhj it's a simple task with tail... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: victor369
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

counting occurrence of characters in a string

Hello, I have a string like this 0:1:2:0:2:2:4:0:0:0:-200:500...... what i want is to break down how many different characters are there and their count. For example for above string it should display 0 - 5 times 1 - 1 times 2 - 3 times 4 - 1 times . . . I am stuck in writing... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: exit86
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find last occurrence of a character in a string

Hello how to find last occurence of a string for example in the following I want last occurence of '-' i.e. position 12 str="aa-bbb-cccc-ddd-ee" my pupose is to get the string 'ee' Thanks and Regards Chetanz (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chetanz
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find a string occurrence if twice in a line

Hello All, I want to check if a delimiter is existing twice in a line of a text file. Suppose flat file is like this 234 | 123 123 | 345 456 | 563 | 234 | 548 So the the 3rd line has two delimiters, How can we find the lines in such a file having more then one delimiters I tried... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nnani
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Last occurrence of a string

I apologize if it was asked before but I couldn't find something related. I want to replace 2 strings in a file e.g pwddb=Lar1wod (need to replace string after =) pwdapp=Wde2xe (need to replace string after =) AND in same file want to find last occurrence of a string (SR2-134561),... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: J_ang
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace first occurrence of a string in while loop

####Solved#### Hello, My aim is to replace searched string with incremented value under ubuntu 16.04. Example: aasasasas 9030 31wwo weopwoep weerasas 9030 ew31wo ieopwoep bbqqqsas 9030 ew3swo ieeopwoep ccsaqpas 9030 ewiro o2opwoep Expected: aasasasas 9030 31wwo weopwoep weerasas 9031... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Append a particular string after occurrence of particular string.

Hi Friends, Good morning. Appended a particular string after occurrence of particular string in a file. my file abc.sql as below create or replace function f1(p_cust_no IN VARCHAR) RETURN number IS DECLARE v_country country.customer_tbl%TYPE; begin begin select... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ram0106
4 Replies
MESSAGES(3)						  libbash messages Library Manual					       MESSAGES(3)

NAME
messages -- libbash library that implements a set of functions to print standard status messages SYNOPSIS
printOK [indent] printFAIL [indent] printNA [indent] printATTN [indent] printWAIT [indent] DESCRIPTION
General messages is a collection of functions to print standard status messages - those [ OK ] and [FAIL] messages you see during Linux boot process. The function list: printOK Prints a standard [ OK ] message (green) printFAIL Prints a standard [FAIL] message (red) printNA Prints a standard [ N/A] message (yellow) printATTN Prints a standard [ATTN] message (yellow) printWAIT Prints a standard [WAIT] message (yellow) Detailed interface description follows. indent Column to move to before printing. Default indent is calculated as TTY_WIDTH-10. If current tty width can not be determined (for example, in case of serial console), it defaults to 80, so default indent is 80-10=10 FUNCTIONS DESCRIPTIONS
printOK [indent] Prints a standard [ OK ] message (green) printFAIL [indent] Prints a standard [FAIL] message (red) printNA [indent] Prints a standard [ N/A] message (yellow) printATTN [indent] Prints a standard [ATTN] message (yellow) printWAIT [indent] Prints a standard [WAIT] message (yellow) EXAMPLES
Run a program named MyProg, and report it's success or failure: echo -n 'Running MyProg...' printWAIT if MyProg ; then printOK else printFAIL fi AUTHORS
Hai Zaar <haizaar@haizaar.com> Gil Ran <gil@ran4.net> SEE ALSO
ldbash(1), libbash(1) Linux Epoch Linux