Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX rm: execute permission denied in AIX Post 302278688 by chipahoys on Wednesday 21st of January 2009 02:11:57 AM
Old 01-21-2009
rm: execute permission denied in AIX

Hello All,

We have an existing ssh set-up between 2 Unix servers ( Server A and Server B). Recently, we've had a problem where we cannot delete files (via app engine and even manually, after connecting thru ssh) on Server B. We manage Server A but Server B is handled by a different group, as a result, we cannot look into the permission settings of our user. The administrators of Server B said that all the settings are in place, but can you help me on what settings we should actually check? I would like to ask for screenshots of these from Server B admin.

My next plan is to generate a new keypair and try if it can help at least. Please help!

Thanks in advance,
Chip Ahoys

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

permission denied??

i'm trying to set up my internet connection and i was told i need to edit the file /etc/ppp/pap-secrets but i get a permission denied message...why?? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: justchillin
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permission Denied

I just started computer science at UW Milwaukee. When I access the university Solaris system from PuTTY, I get permission denied when I try to access the file I wrote. Now I really have no idea what I'm doing, I just don't understand why I get permission denied in my won directory. Thank You ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: howeezy
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

wat is execute permission denied???

hi, i have a problem and is needed by next week. when i need to run a program at the specified time using the crontab, after that the program which will send a messege to the screen using the say command, which will show "Hello" but there is an error when i run it, in the mail it show that ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckng
5 Replies

4. AIX

0403-006 Execute permission denied.

Hi i am running the below script in vio server, i changed to aix mode..then #./script1 </code> ##Set today Date as file name. vardate= date +"%m%d%y%H%M%S" varhost= hostname filename= "$varhost_$vardate" echo $filename </code> the output is ....... </code> # ./mount_test ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: honeym210
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change: xecho: execute permission denied error

Hello, I am have an issues with one of my scripts. I get the following error when I get to the point in the script where I am making the change. The change does take however. the error is "change: xecho: execute permission denied" Everything was working properly until I start cleaning... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: simpsonjr
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Permission denied

I created a user so that when he logs in he will be directed to a menu /etc/passwd user1:x:115:1:Support -SysAd:/export/home/user1:/export/home/suppotrmenu/script.sh However when I logged in remotely from another server by ssh user1@1.1.1.1 , it saysexport/home/suppotrmenu/script.sh:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getting Error 0403-006 Execute permission denied.

Hi All, Need your help.. I am writing one script in which I am assigning value to one variable but when i am executing it is showing error "0403-006 Execute permission denied" below is the line of that script : INPUT_COUNT=wc $GIF_DIR/input/VID_RIMS.DAT | awk '{print $1}' and access... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NirajThakar
2 Replies

8. AIX

Permission Denied issue on AIX 6.1 using Root

I have the following problem on my AIX 6.1 server. I logged in with Root ID to this folder etc/opt/symantec/scspagent/lib/instfunlib I try changing the folder permission but I keep getting this output : chmod: /opt/symantec/scspagent/lib/instfunlib: Permission Denied I did a listing on it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcdsweet98
3 Replies

9. Linux

Permission denied

I am using korn shell When I type in Telnet on cmd line, I get message "cannot execute" How can I get permission to execute command ? In which dir is telnet located ? I looked in /usr/bin dir. but its not there Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: paramshamnani
1 Replies

10. HP-UX

Swinstall and rsync - execute permission denied

Hello, I have managed to install rsync using swinstall and also as far as I can tell the dependancies we didn't have. However when trying to execute the binary I get the following error :- />rsync sh: rsync: Execute permission denied. />which rsync /usr/local/bin/rsync... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: YogaBija
10 Replies
LFC_ACCESSR(3)						       LFC Library Functions						    LFC_ACCESSR(3)

NAME
lfc_accessr - check existence/accessibility of a file replica SYNOPSIS
Under Unix: #include <sys/types.h> #include <unistd.h> #include "lfc_api.h" Under Windows/NT: #include <sys/types.h> #define R_OK 4 #define W_OK 2 #define X_OK 1 #define F_OK 0 #include "lfc_api.h" int lfc_accessr (const char *sfn, int amode); DESCRIPTION
lfc_accessr checks in the name server database the existence or the accessibility of the file replica sfn according to the bit pattern in amode using the real user ID. sfn is either the Site URL or the Physical File Name for the replica. amode the bit pattern is built by an OR of the constants defined in <unistd.h> under Unix or to be explicitly defined under Windows/NT: R_OK test for read permission W_OK test for write permission X_OK test for search/execute permission F_OK test for existence of the file. RETURN VALUE
This routine returns 0 if the operation was successful or -1 if the operation failed. In the latter case, serrno is set appropriately. ERRORS
ENOENT The named file does not exist. EACCES Search permission is denied on a component of the parent file prefix, the specified access to the file itself is denied or W_OK is requested but the replica status is not 'P' (cannot modify an existing file). EFAULT sfn is a NULL pointer. EINVAL amode is invalid. ENAMETOOLONG The length of sfn exceeds CA_MAXSFNLEN. SENOSHOST Host unknown. SENOSSERV Service unknown. SECOMERR Communication error. ENSNACT Name server is not running or is being shutdown. SEE ALSO
Castor_limits(4), lfc_chmod(3), lfc_statr(3) AUTHOR
LCG Grid Deployment Team LFC
$Date: 2010-04-05 09:51:26 +0200 (Mon, 05 Apr 2010) $ LFC_ACCESSR(3)