Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Need Help to sort text lines
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need Help to sort text lines Post 302278538 by vgersh99 on Tuesday 20th of January 2009 01:47:29 PM
Old 01-20-2009
nawk -f tq.awk input.txt

tq.awk:
Code:
$1 == "User:" {u=$2;next}
{a[u] = (u in a) ? a[u] ORS $0 : $0}
END {
  for(i in a)
    print "User:" i ORS a[i] ORS
}

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to sort lines by substring

Dear all There is a file which contains the following formatted files. I need to sort it by substring(strings after dot) in order to process efficiently. Please give me any idea how to sort it. Sample file: 1AAABBBCCC.20080401 1AAABBBCCC.20080402 2AAABBBCCC.20080401... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_bold
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

[bash help]Adding multiple lines of text into a specific spot into a text file

I am attempting to insert multiple lines of text into a specific place in a text file based on the lines above or below it. For example, Here is a portion of a zone file. IN NS ns1.domain.tld. IN NS ns2.domain.tld. IN ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdn_humbucker
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to sort lines by strings between ()?

Hello,everyone. I am learning some Info commands.I put all commands and their explanations in a file. This is a part of it: ESC PgUp (scroll-other-window-backward)Scroll the other window backward ESC Right (forward-word) Move forward a word ESC r (move-to-window-line) ESC TAB... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vic005
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to add new lines using sort

Hello, I'm trying to sort a file which has many lines with the sort command. I'd like to send the sorted content in the same file. But when I do that, I've the content which is sorted, but all is on one line... I view the content in Notepad++ Could somebody help me to keep the original... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tevious
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to sort lines in the string

Hi guys, I am trying to sort numbers in the string in descending order but for some reason sort fails. n129$ echo "81 240" | sort -r 81 240 n129$ I am not sure what am I doing wrong. Is there a 100% reliable way to make sure that sort will always work. I mean on SUNS and IBM machines. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep from 3 lines and sort

Pseudo name=hdiskpower54 Symmetrix ID=000190101757 Logical device ID=0601 state=alive; policy=SymmOpt; priority=0; queued-IOs=0 ============================================================================== ---------------- Host --------------- - Stor - -- I/O Path - -- Stats --- ### HW... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to sort lines according words?

Hello I greped some lines from an xml file and generated a new file. but some entries are missing my table is unsorted. e.g. NAME="Adel" ADDRESS="Donaustr." NUMBER="2" POSTCODE="33333" NAME="Adel" ADDRESS="Donaustr." NUMBER="2" POSTCODE="33333" NAME="Adel" NUMBER="2" POSTCODE="33333"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: witchblade
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk - (URGENT!) Print lines sort and move lines if match found

URGENT HELP IS NEEDED!! I am looking to move matching lines (01 - 07) from File1 and 77 tab the matching string from File2, to File3.txt. I am almost done but - Currently, script is not printing lines to File3.txt in order. - Also the matching lines are not moving out of File1.txt ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: High-T
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Best way to sort file with groups of text of 4-5 lines by the first one

Hi, I have some data I have taken from the internet in the following scheme: name direction webpage phone number open hours menu url book url name ... Of course the only line that is mandatory is the name wich is the one I want to sort by. I have the following sed & awk script that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: devmsv
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match text to lines in a file, iterate backwards until text or text substring matches, print to file

hi all, trying this using shell/bash with sed/awk/grep I have two files, one containing one column, the other containing multiple columns (comma delimited). file1.txt abc12345 def12345 ghi54321 ... file2.txt abc1,text1,texta abc,text2,textb def123,text3,textc gh,text4,textd... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shogun1970
6 Replies
SLABTOP(1)							Linux User's Manual							SLABTOP(1)

NAME
slabtop - display kernel slab cache information in real time SYNOPSIS
slabtop [options] DESCRIPTION
slabtop displays detailed kernel slab cache information in real time. It displays a listing of the top caches sorted by one of the listed sort criteria. It also displays a statistics header filled with slab layer information. OPTIONS
Normal invocation of slabtop does not require any options. The behavior, however, can be fine-tuned by specifying one or more of the fol- lowing flags: --delay=n, -d n Refresh the display every n in seconds. By default, slabtop refreshes the display every three seconds. To exit the program, hit q. --sort=S, -s S Sort by S, where S is one of the sort criteria. --once, -o Display the output once and then exit. --version, -V Display version information and exit. --help Display usage information and exit. SORT CRITERIA
The following are valid sort criteria used to sort the individual slab caches and thereby determine what are the "top" slab caches to dis- play. The default sort criteria is to sort by the number of objects ("o"). The sort criteria can also be changed while slabtop is running by pressing the associated character. a: sort by number of active objects b: sort by objects per slab c: sort by cache size l: sort by number of slabs v sort by number of active slabs n: sort by name o: sort by number of objects p: sort by pages per slab s: sort by object size u: sort by cache utilization COMMANDS
slabtop accepts keyboard commands from the user during use. The following are supported. In the case of letters, both cases are accepted. Each of the valid sort characters are also accepted, to change the sort routine. See the section SORT CRITERIA. <SPACEBAR> Refresh the screen. Q Quit the program. FILES
/proc/slabinfo slab information SEE ALSO
free(1), ps(1), top(1), vmstat(8) NOTES
Currently, slabtop requires a 2.4 or later kernel (specifically, a version 1.1 or later /proc/slabinfo). Kernel 2.2 should be supported in the future. The slabtop statistic header is tracking how many bytes of slabs are being used and it not a measure of physical memory. The 'Slab' field in the /proc/meminfo file is tracking information about used slab physical memory. AUTHORS
Written by Chris Rivera and Robert Love. slabtop was inspired by Martin Bligh's perl script, vmtop. The procps package is maintained by Albert Cahalan <albert@users.sf.net>. Please send bug reports to <procps-feedback@lists.sf.net>. Linux 13 Sep 2003 SLABTOP(1)