Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help with KSH
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with KSH Post 302278516 by bhagya2340 on Tuesday 20th of January 2009 12:00:32 PM
Old 01-20-2009
Actually you got my question wrong... I want the script to write to current_date.out as it is writing now... i want to add another file called runtime .out where it should only echo part of the echo statement
ie echo "${hour4}:${min4}:${sec4}"

I want this echo on a seperate file...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

executing a ksh script from another ksh script

Hi, I'm new to unix scripting.How can i call a script from another script. I have a.ksh and b.ksh .I have to call b.ksh from a.ksh after it is successfully exceuted. I tried using #!/bin/ksh -x in a.ksh and at the end i have used /path/b.ksh My problem is it is executing only a.ksh.it... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ammu
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

tracing a ksh script within a ksh script

I normally trace a script with the ksh -x <script name> and redirect strderr to file. But if you have a script like the examble below...... vi hairy bear=`grep bear animals` if then ksh more_animals fi If I ksh -x hairy it won't trace "more_animals" unless I put a -x in it. Is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shorty
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

import var and function from ksh script to another ksh script

Ih all, i have multiples ksh scripts for crontab's unix jobs they all have same variables declarations and some similar functions i would have a only single script file to declare my variables, like: var1= "aaa" var2= "bbb" var3= "ccc" ... function ab { ...} function bc { ... }... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfhurt
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help on ksh

1. Script using bash #!/bin/bash a=4294967296 (( b=$a / 2 )) echo "$a" echo "$b" *** output *** 4294967296 2147483648 2. Script using ksh #!/bin/ksh a=4294967296 (( b=$a / 2 )) echo "$a" echo "$b" *** output *** 4294967296 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gautam.shrestha
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH script to run other ksh scripts and output it to a file and/or email

Hi I am new to this Scripting process and would like to know How can i write a ksh script that will call other ksh scripts and write the output to a file and/or email. For example ------- Script ABC ------- a.ksh b.ksh c.ksh I need to call all three scripts execute them and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pacifican
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference Between executing llike ./myscript.ksh and . ./myscript.ksh

Hi , What is the diffence between executing the script like ./myscript.ksh . ./myscript.ksh I have found 2 difference but could not find the reason 1. If i export a variable in myscript.ksh and execute it like . ./myscript.ksh the i can access the other scripts that are present in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: max_hammer
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

different behaviour for ksh and ksh -x

I'm getting different behaviour when executing below script in debug option. $ cat ss.ksh ff=$(pwd) echo " ff : $ff" $ ksh ss.ksh ff : /tmp $ ksh -x ss.ksh + + pwd ff= + echo ff : ff : I was getting this behaviour in my actuall script i'm able to reproduce this in simple script... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: luckybalaji
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh help

Hi, I have command like this with ooutput : unix>tnsping abc TNS Ping Utility for IBM/AIX RISC System/6000: Version 10.2.0.4.0 - Production on 17-AUG-2011 17:06:11 Copyright (c) 1997, 2007, Oracle. All rights reserved. Used parameter files: /opt/oracle/network/admin/sqlnet.ora ... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: talashil
19 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with ksh

I have the following file: one two three four man women yes no place togo bad sleep I need to move all lines that have only two words(columns) in a separate file and the rest in a separate file... I used : for $linecont in $(cat $filename); do echo $linecont > temp line1='cat... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: daimne
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh

Hi Dears kindly I am new here ...I want to ask your help ... I want to write AWK command when enter date like 20140129 plus 9 then it gives me 20140207 I wrote below but the result was wrong #!/bin/ksh echo "please input the data:" read a if echo $a|awk '{if... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: shaho87
15 Replies
OCI_FIELD_SIZE(3)														 OCI_FIELD_SIZE(3)

oci_field_size - Returns field's size

SYNOPSIS
int oci_field_size (resource $statement, mixed $field) DESCRIPTION
Returns the size of a $field. PARAMETERS
o $statement - A valid OCI statement identifier. o $field - Can be the field's index (1-based) or name. RETURN VALUES
Returns the size of a $field in bytes, or FALSE on errors. EXAMPLES
Example #1 oci_field_size(3) example <?php // Create the table with: // CREATE TABLE mytab (number_col NUMBER, varchar2_col varchar2(1), // clob_col CLOB, date_col DATE); $conn = oci_connect("hr", "hrpwd", "localhost/XE"); if (!$conn) { $m = oci_error(); trigger_error(htmlentities($m['message']), E_USER_ERROR); } $stid = oci_parse($conn, "SELECT * FROM mytab"); oci_execute($stid, OCI_DESCRIBE_ONLY); // Use OCI_DESCRIBE_ONLY if not fetching rows echo "<table border="1"> "; echo "<tr>"; echo "<th>Name</th>"; echo "<th>Type</th>"; echo "<th>Length</th>"; echo "</tr> "; $ncols = oci_num_fields($stid); for ($i = 1; $i <= $ncols; $i++) { $column_name = oci_field_name($stid, $i); $column_type = oci_field_type($stid, $i); $column_size = oci_field_size($stid, $i); echo "<tr>"; echo "<td>$column_name</td>"; echo "<td>$column_type</td>"; echo "<td>$column_size</td>"; echo "</tr> "; } echo "</table> "; // Outputs: // Name Type Length // NUMBER_COL NUMBER 22 // VARCHAR2_COL VARCHAR2 1 // CLOB_COL CLOB 4000 // DATE_COL DATE 7 oci_free_statement($stid); oci_close($conn); ?> NOTES
Note In PHP versions before 5.0.0 you must use ocicolumnsize(3) instead. This name still can be used, it was left as alias of oci_field_size(3) for downwards compatability. This, however, is deprecated and not recommended. SEE ALSO
oci_num_fields(3), oci_field_name(3). PHP Documentation Group OCI_FIELD_SIZE(3)