Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Helpp!!
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Helpp!! Post 302278507 by jim mcnamara on Tuesday 20th of January 2009 11:22:31 AM
Old 01-20-2009
You cannot post homework on the forums. I'm closing the thread.
If you READ what I wrote - I said on linux.

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

helpp!

hello i am new at the UNIX programin thing and i have this assignment, which would look so easy for many of u the shell must do the followin thing: exec parameter < input > output and another 1 exec parameter < input | exec2 parameter > output the teacher started it wiz the followin... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Hallosss
1 Replies

2. Red Hat

Fedora 20 new user and having critical situation !!! Helpp!!!

Hey guys..... Im new user for linux fedora 20.... i really need help ....... i have no idea why suddently when i turn on my laptop fedora turn to be black screen and ask me loging in , when i loging then nothing happen , it stay at the same screen... then i try to go to "with linux secure...,"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asianfootball
2 Replies
SCSI_READCAP(8) 						     SG3_UTILS							   SCSI_READCAP(8)

NAME
scsi_readcap - do SCSI READ CAPACITY command on disks SYNOPSIS
scsi_readcap [--brief] [--help] [--long] [--verbose] DEVICE [DEVICE]* DESCRIPTION
This Bourne shell script calls the sg_readcap utility on each given DEVICE. This will send a SCSI READ CAPACITY command to each DEVICE. The default action of this script is to send the 10 byte cdb READ CAPACITY(10) command to each DEVICE. If a response indicates the number of blocks is greater than or equal to '2**32 - 1' then the READ CAPACITY(16) is sent and its response is output. OPTIONS
Arguments to long options are mandatory for short options as well. -b, --brief shortens the output to two hexadecimal numbers, both prefixed by '0x'. The first number is the number of blocks available and the second is the size of each blocks in bytes (e.g. '0x12a19eb0 0x200'). If an error is detected '0x0 0x0' is output and the script continues if there are more DEVICEs. -h, --help print out the usage message then exit. -l, --long the default is to send the READ CAPACITY(10) command (i.e. the 10 byte cdb variant). When this option is given the READ CAPACITY(16) command is sent. The latter command yields more information in its response. -v, --verbose increase level or verbosity. EXIT STATUS
The exit status of this script is 0 when it is successful. Otherwise the exit status is that of the last sg_readcap utility called. See the sg3_utils(8) man page. AUTHORS
Written by D. Gilbert COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2009 Douglas Gilbert This software is distributed under a FreeBSD license. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PUR- POSE. SEE ALSO
sg_readcap (sg3_utils) sg3_utils-1.28 October 2009 SCSI_READCAP(8)