Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Multiple echos and cuts too slow Post 302278314 by dlam on Tuesday 20th of January 2009 01:59:32 AM
Old 01-20-2009
Wow, thanks for that. Exactly what I needed. Smilie

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

multiple cuts syntax problem

Hi All, I need some help with multiple cut and paste, at the moment I have a shell script that uses the following cuts ( this is just some) cut -c1-92 WAITING > col1 .....etc etc etc cut -c93-98 WAITING > col17 # blank_spaces cut -c99-104 WAITING > col18 # Date cut -c105... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gerry405
12 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unknown event - daemon mode cuts programs from resources

Hi Guys. First of all Im not keen on os stuff, thus not sure what I should look for to solve my problem, Thats why Im posting before getting deeper into forums. Here is my problem. Im working on academic network - Solaris 7-10. Where parts of configuration is made by students (Im still one).... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: baranowb
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Custom short cuts not working on JDS

Hello, I had created a shortcut to open up a gnome-terminal by pressing <Alt>m. This worked fine, until I logged out and logged back in. gnome-terminal no longer opens. However, the process is created, as evidenced by the gnome-terminal showing up on my process list. I've created and deleted... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cooldude
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pipeing Individual Echos

Hello Yes I'm a noob so thanks for your help. I have a unix exicutable that renders video under os x (unix). As it renders frames it echos (or outputs) information to the terminal about which frame it's up too an how long it took etc. I am looking for a way to pipe this information so I can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mortocks
4 Replies

5. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Create/remove desktop short cuts via command line RHEL 6.3....

I would like to write a script that would remove and/or create shortcuts in Gnome desktop in RHEL 6.3... I googled all over the place could never find what I needed... Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ruberked
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Python script cuts off early

I wasn't sure if this should go in the networking board or not, since I am trying to log into routers, however I don't think my script issues have anything to do with the routers themselves.... I am trying to write a script that will log into various routers we have on the network and determine... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ippy98
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Terminal telnet echos garbage

i am trying to make powerterm not echo back this charactor. ≥ When I press control-C I get it that telnet charactor/garbage echos back. how to turn off? where? what config? is there something in powerterm to switch on/off? I do not see it. Redhats offical statement is: "I... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: olyanderson
10 Replies
allcm(1)							       teTeX								  allcm(1)

NAME
allneeded - force the calculation of all fonts now needed SYNOPSIS
allneeded [-r] files ... DESCRIPTION
allneeded forces the calculation of all fonts that are needed to preview a set of dvi files. Just specify where the program should search for files on the commandline. The fonts generation is triggered by running dvips(1) over all accessible dvi-files. Therefore, the fonts are created in the resolution needed by dvips. If the -r flag is specified, the command dvired(1) will be used instead of dvips. allneeded does not recalculate existing fonts (as long as the Metafont mode does not change). SEE ALSO
alldc(1), allcm(1), dvips(1), dvired(1), fontimport(1), fontexport(1). AUTHOR
Dirk Hillbrecht (dh@informatik.uni-hannover.de) teTeX 11/94 allcm(1)