Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting proper ordering of o/p values Post 302278276 by ss_ss on Monday 19th of January 2009 10:56:26 PM
Old 01-19-2009
order by 1 represents that im ordering by column 1 and there is only 1 column i.e. A so order by 1, A is same as order by 1 or order by A.

Here need to order the output of 2 queries. is it possible to take the o/p of the queries into an array or something like that then comparing the 2 arrays and ordering the o/p?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

File ordering by portion of filename

Hi, Lets say I have a few xml files: 1234567894.xml abc_1234567895.xml abc_000_1234567890.xml abc_0000000_1234567893.xml 684_abc_000_1234567899.xml The naming convention of the files is: xxxxx_timestamp.xml OR timestamp.xml where x can be anything and I would like to order them by... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Leion
4 Replies

2. Homework & Coursework Questions

word ordering problem HELP please (linux)

Hi guys I need you ,please help me i have to do this for tomorow and i don't understand how to do Q1 : Order the words of RADIO.txt by frequency Q2 : Order the words of RADIO.txt in alphabétique order Q3 : Order the words of RADIO.txt par ordre "rhymique" (exemple, put togeder words which are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lili
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ordering a data file

With an input file like this: How can I get an output like this? (In the quoted examples, the "_" sign represents an empty space) Note that there are some minus signs and no spaces, in the example above the first character of the first line is an empty space, so each number spans 10... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: lego
16 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Re-ordering data

input Predictions for job: 1299399580 ********************************************** gg18_qqq10_100017878_100017978_- ============================================================================== zzz Factor: XXX, ttt: crsmsgw, Cutoff: 0.6429 seqe Position fff Coordinate K-mer Score ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: quincyjones
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Re ordering lines - Awk

Is it possible to re-order certain rows as columns (of large files). Few lines from the file for reference. input Splicing Factor: Tra2beta, Motif: aaguguu, Cutoff: 0.5000 Sequence Position Genomic Coordinate K-mer Score 97 chr1:67052604 uacuguu 0.571 147... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: quincyjones
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

ordering

file1 1 SNP2 3 1 SNP3 3 1 SNP5 4 2 SNP1 4 2 SNP4 4 file2 SNP1 1 1 1 SNP5 5 5 5 SNP4 4 4 4 SNP2 2 2 2 SNP3 1 1 1 desired output (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: johnkim0806
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Random ordering

1 2 4 5 3 I would like to use a script so that i can randomly rearrange these numbers such as 3 5 2 4 1 Thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnkim0806
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ordering Folders having Date as Names

Hi All, I have directories under /development/arun/weekly/ 20120421 20120414 . . . . I need to arrange these directories in descending order. folder name with recent date will be on top and then others. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Arun Mishra
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ordering batch number

Hi, Could some one please help to order the batch number in sequence. I will be getting bunch of files with batch number in folder1 which are not in sequence. I need to move all files from folder1 to folder2 with batch number in sequence. Header record looks like PROCESS1... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: zooby
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash - re-ordering list of parameters

Hello. I have a script that writes parameters in alphabetic order. But I have a parameter which have 3 lines. There is no continuation character ( '\' ). Each of the three lines finish with 'cr'. But line 2 and 3 of the concerning parameter start with a tab char (but should be one or more... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
7 Replies
MB(9)							   BSD Kernel Developer's Manual						     MB(9)

NAME
mb, mb_memory, mb_read, mb_write -- memory barriers SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/lock.h> void mb_memory(void); void mb_read(void); void mb_write(void); DESCRIPTION
Many types of processor can execute instructions in a different order than issued by the compiler or assembler. On a uniprocessor system, out of order execution is transparent to the programmer, operating system and applications, as the processor must ensure that it is self con- sistent. On multiprocessor systems, out of order execution can present a problem where locks are not used to guarantee atomicity of access, because loads and stores issued by any given processor can appear on the system bus (and thus appear to other processors) in an unpredictable order. mb_memory(), mb_read(), and mb_write() can be used to control the order in which memory accesses occur, and thus the order in which those accesses become visible to other processors. They can be used to implement ``lockless'' access to data structures where the necessary bar- rier conditions are well understood. Memory barriers can be computationally expensive, as they are considered ``serializing'' operations and may stall further execution until the processor has drained internal buffers and re-synchronized. The memory barrier primitives control only the order of memory access. They provide no guarantee that stores have been flushed to the bus, or that loads have been made from the bus. The memory barrier primitives are guaranteed only to prevent reordering of accesses to main memory. They do not provide any guarantee of ordering when used with device memory (for example, loads or stores to or from a PCI device). To guarantee ordering of access to device mem- ory, the bus_dma(9) and bus_space(9) interfaces should be used. FUNCTIONS
mb_memory() Issue a full memory barrier, ordering all memory accesses. Causes all loads and stores preceding the call to mb_memory() to complete before further memory accesses can be made. mb_read() Issue a read memory barrier, ordering all loads from memory. Causes all loads preceding the call to mb_read() to complete before fur- ther loads can be made. Stores may be reordered ahead of or behind a call to mb_read(). mb_write() Issue a write memory barrier, ordering all stores to memory. Causes all stores preceding the call to mb_write() to complete before further stores can be made. Loads may be reordered ahead of or behind a call to mb_write(). SEE ALSO
__insn_barrier(3), bus_dma(9), bus_space(9), mutex(9), rwlock(9) HISTORY
The memory barrier primitives first appeared in NetBSD 5.0. BSD
January 2, 2011 BSD