Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers What does this error message mean? Post 302278066 by neverhood on Monday 19th of January 2009 07:48:50 AM
Old 01-19-2009
seems like RH

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

error message

Hi All, occasionally my server gives this error messages "NOTICE:HTFS Out of inodes on HTFS dev hd (1/42)" why ?? Alice. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alisev
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error Message

Hi everyone, Can anyone explain what the following error refers to...and perhaps a solution? vxfs: vx_nospace -/tmp file system full (8 block extent) Thanks, Uni (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Uni
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Error message

I'm getting an error - symbol referencing errors. No output written to, etc Can anybody tell me why this is? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dan Rooney
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Error message

Hi, My Solaris 5.8 system keeps getting this error at boot - "Can't set vol root to /vol" then /usr/sbin/vold: can't set vol root to /vol: Resource temporarily unavailiable Any idea what is wrong, and how do I fix it? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ghuber
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Error message

Hi, My Solaris 5.8 system keeps getting this error at boot - "Can't set vol root to /vol" then /usr/sbin/vold: can't set vol root to /vol: Resource temporarily unavailiable Any idea what is wrong, and how do I fix it? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ghuber
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

getting last error message

Question for unix programmers - what function I need to used to get the exact error message when the library failed to load? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tttttt
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error message

I am new to scripting. I am using the following script . BART.dat contains the string 'Y' . #!/bin/ksh cd /work/TCI/data_out file=`cat BART.dat` echo "$file" if ; then echo "true" fi When i am executing the above script i am getting the following error ./s.ksh: : not found ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ammu
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error Message

What does this means? - ERROR OPENING FILE - KEY LENGHT MISMATCH (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RDM00
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error Message

I keep getting an error message in a script im writing, this line is allways pointed out. if and this is the message i keep getting. line 32: [: 8: unary operator expected Whats wrong with it? Please Help. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chapmana
5 Replies
logger(1)							   User Commands							 logger(1)

NAME
logger - add entries to the system log SYNOPSIS
logger [-i] [-f file] [-p priority] [-t tag] [message] ... DESCRIPTION
The logger command provides a method for adding one-line entries to the system log file from the command line. One or more message argu- ments can be given on the command line, in which case each is logged immediately. If this is unspecified, either the file indicated with -f or the standard input is added to the log. Otherwise, a file can be specified, in which case each line in the file is logged. If neither is specified, logger reads and logs messages on a line-by-line basis from the standard input. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -ffile Uses the contents of file as the message to log. -i Logs the process ID of the logger process with each line. -ppriority Enters the message with the specified priority. The message priority can be specified numerically, or as a facility.level pair. For example, `-p local3.info' assigns the message priority to the info level in the local3 facility. The default priority is user.notice. -ttag Marks each line added to the log with the specified tag. OPERANDS
The following operand is supported: message One of the string arguments whose contents are concatenated together, in the order specified, separated by single space characters. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Examples of the logger command The following example: example% logger System rebooted logs the message `System rebooted' to the default priority level notice to be treated by syslogd as are other messages to the facility user. The next example: example% logger -p local0.notice -t HOSTIDM -f /dev/idmc reads from the file /dev/idmc and logs each line in that file as a message with the tag `HOSTIDM' at priority level notice to be treated by syslogd as are other messages to the facility local0. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
See environ(5) for descriptions of the following environment variables that affect the execution of logger: LANG, LC_ALL, LC_CTYPE, LC_MES- SAGES, and NLSPATH. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mailx(1), write(1), syslogd(1M), syslog(3C), attributes(5), environ(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.10 1 Feb 1995 logger(1)