Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting help me how to use nawk for required output Post 302278038 by Franklin52 on Monday 19th of January 2009 05:40:31 AM
Old 01-19-2009
What's not working, errors, wrong output? Your respond doesn't make any sense.
As I mentioned, the solution don't give the desired output, it's left to you to adjust it to your own taste.

Regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assigning nawk output to variables

I do a lot of command line scripting to capture data from files or other command output. I've checked in a number of Unix and scripting books but for the life of me I can't find out how to asign field data from nawk output into variables that I can manipulate later. For example, reading a two... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: steveje0711
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

assigning nawk output to shell variable

Hello friends, I doing the follwing script , but found problem to store it to a shell variable. #! /bin/sh for temp in `find ./dat/vector/ -name '*.file'` do echo $temp nawk -v temp=$temp 'BEGIN{ split(temp, a,"\/"); print a}' done output: ./dat/vector/drf_all_002.file... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: user_prady
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

output required

Hi I have the following output Message man amm (9196) is calling Hello & Alert man amtrr (9197) is stopped Find amfi (19198) is cancelled Engine Item aea (19203) is notified Engine Item2 aea2 ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: PrasannaKS
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl required output

Hi, I have a string in log file from that i need to pick the username. the string is like this-- pid 2172 tid 3124: 160: 10110847: userName : pid 2172 tid 3124: 160: 10110847: userName : pid 2172 tid 3124: 160: 10110847: userName : pid 2172 tid 3124: 160: 10110847: userName : pid... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: namishtiwari
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

NAWK conversion of hexadecimal input to decimal output via printf, I am close I can feel it

I have searched and the answers I have found thus far have led me to this point, so I feel I am just about there. I am trying to convert a column of hexadecimal to decimal values so that I can filter out via grep just the data I want. I was able to pull my original 3 character hex value and... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: PCGameGuy
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

nawk is truncating output

Legends, I have 2 files f1 and f2. when i use nawk to compare the difference(subtraction) from 4th column of the file, it truncates the output. can you please help to resolve this. subtraction is (4th col of f1 - 4th col of f2). but it gives only below lines out of 116. I want to print all... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdosanjh
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to mail monitoring output if required or redirect output to log file

Below script perfectly works, giving below mail output. BUT, I want to make the script mail only if there are any D-Defined/T-Transition/B-Broken State WPARs and also to copy the output generated during monitoring to a temporary log file, which gets cleaned up every week. Need suggestions. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aix_admin_007
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem getting the required output

I need a Korn shell script which does the folllowing:- If there is one "|" (pipe) delimited file so, the script should check the 5th field to be blank or not. if it is a blank tht entire line of the file should be redirected to another file. if the 5th field is not blank it should pass that. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Juhi Kashyap
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print and append output of nawk script in commandline and as well into a file?

Hi All, I am working on nawk script, has the small function which prints the output on the screen.Am trying to print/append the same output in a file. Basically nawk script should print the output on the console/screen and as well it should write/append the same result to a file. script :... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus81
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nawk command to output in var

Hi I have this command, which counts number of lines in a specific file and then prints it on screen.nawk 'NF{c++}END{print "Number of GPS coordinates in file: "c}' $filename I would like to have the output put into a variable, but can't seem to find the correct argument for it. How do I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bulleteyedk
3 Replies
AMPLOT(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 AMPLOT(8)

NAME
amplot - visualize the behavior of Amanda SYNOPSIS
amplot [ -c ] [ -e ] [ -g ] [ -l ] [ -p ] [ -t T ] amdump_files DESCRIPTION
Amplot reads an amdump output file that Amanda generates each run (e.g. amdump.1) and translates the information into a picture format that may be used to determine how your installation is doing and if any parameters need to be changed. Amplot also prints out amdump lines that it either does not understand or knows to be warning or error lines and a summary of the start, end and total time for each backup image. Amplot is a shell script that executes an awk program (amplot.awk) to scan the amdump output file. It then executes a gnuplot program (amplot.g) to generate the graph. The awk program is written in an enhanced version of awk, such as GNU awk (gawk version 2.15 or later) or nawk. During execution, amplot generates a few temporary files that gnuplot uses. These files are deleted at the end of execution. See the amanda(8) man page for more details about Amanda. OPTIONS
-c Compress amdump_files after plotting. -e Extend the X (time) axis if needed. -g Direct gnuplot output directly to the X11 display (default). -p Direct postscript output to file YYYYMMDD.ps (opposite of -g). -l Generate landscape oriented output. -t T Set the right edge of the plot to be T hours. The amdump_files may be in various compressed formats (compress, gzip, pact, compact). INTERPRETATION
The figure is divided into a number of regions. There are titles on the top that show important statistical information about the configu- ration and from this execution of amdump. In the figure, the X axis is time, with 0 being the moment amdump was started. The Y axis is divided into 5 regions: QUEUES: How many backups have not been started, how many are waiting on space in the holding disk and how many have been transferred successfully to tape. %BANDWIDTH: Percentage of allowed network bandwidth in use. HOLDING DISK: The higher line depicts space allocated on the holding disk to backups in progress and completed backups waiting to be written to tape. The lower line depicts the fraction of the holding disk containing completed backups waiting to be written to tape including the file currently being written to tape. The scale is percentage of the holding disk. TAPE: Tape drive usage. %DUMPERS: Percentage of active dumpers. The idle period at the left of the graph is time amdump is asking the machines how much data they are going to dump. This process can take a while if hosts are down or it takes them a long time to generate estimates. AUTHOR
Olafur Gudmundsson ogud@tis.com Trusted Information Systems formerly at University of Maryland, College Park BUGS
Reports lines it does not recognize, mainly error cases but some are legitimate lines the program needs to be taught about. SEE ALSO
amanda(8), amdump(8), gawk(1), nawk(1), awk(1), gnuplot(1), sh(1), compress(1), gzip(1) 4th Berkeley Distribution AMPLOT(8)