Sponsored Content
Top Forums Web Development How do I verify my web visitor is still online Post 302278033 by heman007 on Monday 19th of January 2009 05:12:42 AM
Old 01-19-2009
Thank you for your post otheus, sorry this is late, just been away for a couple of days. Well what have done so far, is to use the time, and not the ip address in shell script, I check the database every 5 mins to see if the time registered is not ever a certain amount of time.

This is because the page are time are been updated, and am running a cron job every 5mins to check.

the down side to this is if the I have a lot of active user, it means that it will have to go through a lot of data and its not instant as well.

i have read of using sockets in php, does anyone have the experience for that, thank you for your help.

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Suggestion: visitor graphs

Perhaps we could think of visitor graphs that would give a sense of both the popularity of the forum and - more importantly - the popularity of Linux and the Open Source operating systems movement. Something similar to what sourceforge has done for their projects: SourceForge.net: Project... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
2 Replies
apticron(1)						      General Commands Manual						       apticron(1)

NAME
apticron - Generate a mail listing packages which are pending an upgrade SYNOPSIS
apticron [--cron] DESCRIPTION
apticron is a shell script which generates a mail with a list of all packages currently pending an upgrade, as well as summary of changes - using apt-listchanges - to a configurable Email address. apticron is mainly intended for automatic notification of pending security updates but can also be used in many other situations where timely updates are necessary. The --cron option is only meant to be used when invoked by cron in order to run no more than once a day. FILES
/etc/apticron/apticron.conf Configuration file, Email address to mail and profile for use with apt-listchanges are configurable. /etc/cron.d/apticron Cron job for executing apticron daily. /etc/cron.daily/apticron Fallback cron script for executing apticron (if no crond running or system down at designated time). /var/lib/misc/apticron.cron Time stamp file used by apticron when invoked with --cron option. SEE ALSO
apt-get(8), apt-listchanges(1), cron(8) AUTHOR
Apticron was initially developed by Colm MacCarthaigh <colm.maccarthaigh@heanet.ie> with contributions from Marc Sherman <msherman@projec- tile.ca>. Since 2006 it is maintained and improved by Tiago Bortoletto Vaz <tiago@debian.org>. apticron(1)