Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Tracing Function Calls in a program Post 302277769 by vino on Saturday 17th of January 2009 11:38:19 PM
Old 01-18-2009
See if this thread helps - capturing enter and exit of every function.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

overriding function calls without recompiling

i want to replace the *alloc and free function calls in an existing project with my own functions, to be able to log the adresses etc in a text file. (memoryleak debugging) I think LD_PRELOAD is what i am looking for. That way i could create a Library with my own malloc functions and link them... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lazzar
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

Identification of data calls & voice calls

Is there any facility to filter/identify the data calls and voice calls coming throug modem? OR Can we get the data or voice calls information through a script(preferably C Kermit)? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pcsaji
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

EXIT from a Program not from the function..

Hi, I want a command in unix shell script which will exit my whole program, not only from the function it's using. For e.g: $1 == "m_who" && $4 == "Extrnl Vendor" { print "You don have access" exit (0); } If this error is showing on the screen, then nothing should not... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ronix007
9 Replies

4. Programming

tracing function with Graphviz

I was searching for a tool to trace the function flow to help me understand the code. I came across the article "visualize function calls with graphviz" by Tim Jones. Visualize function calls with Graphviz I was able to obtain the flow diagram for simple programs and also for the example... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjjoy
0 Replies

5. Programming

ndd commands using function calls

Hi, Is there any function calls available ( for using in a C program ) to get the Ethernet Link status. ? I am looking for the status available from ndd /dev/hme link_status And how about plumbing and configuring an interface using C program ? BTW, Is all this documented... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shibz
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question about Function calls

Hello everyone, here's my problem: I want to create two shell scripts. one of them should includes some functions, the other one just the function calls. Is this possible? Can i call a function which is placed in a scriptfile eg functions.sh out of another script eg call.sh? :confused: And if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sebi0815
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

program name and function name builtins

Hi Is there a way to get the program/script name or function name usng built ins. Like in many languages arg holds the program name regards (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xiamin
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tracing a function call

Hi I am hoping someone can explain this to me as I am struggling to understand it. I had a problem today with needing to trace a ksh script that was dotting in a function that was writing to stdout. The problem was it was being run in a sub shell and the output was being parsed by the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: steadyonabix
1 Replies

9. Programming

getting the pid of another C program with unix calls

I have a C program called server.c which is supposed to get the pid of another program, client.c, and send a signal to it, but I'm not sure how to do it. Server.c is first run in the background then client is run in the foreground. I tried pid_t pid; pid = system("pidof -s client.c");... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: busdude
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Linkage of POSIX threads function calls

I wonder if someone knows what is the rationale behind linking function calls of the POSIX threads library at link-time vs. run-time. For example, if I create the following program: #include <pthread.h> void noop() { return; } int main() { pthread_self(); pthread_atfork(noop,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jsimsa
1 Replies
Ns_Url(3aolserver)					   AOLserver Library Procedures 					Ns_Url(3aolserver)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Ns_AbsoluteUrl, Ns_ParseUrl, Ns_RelativeUrl, Ns_SkipUrl - URL manipulation routines SYNOPSIS
#include "ns.h" int Ns_AbsoluteUrl(Ns_DString *pds, char *url, char *baseurl) int Ns_ParseUrl(char *url, char **pprotocol, char **phost, char **pport, char **ppath, char **ptail) char * Ns_RelativeUrl(char *url, char *location) char * Ns_SkipUrl(Ns_Request *request, int n) _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Ns_AbsoluteUrl(pds, url, baseurl) Construct an URL based on baseurl but with as many parts of the incomplete url as possible. Return NS_OK or NS_ERROR. Ns_ParseUrl(url, pprotocol, phost, pport, ppath, ptail) Parse a URL into its component parts. Pointers to the protocol, host, port, path, and "tail" (last path element) will be set by ref- erence in the passed-in pointers. The passed-in url will be modified. Ns_RelativeUrl(url, location) If the url passed in is for this server, then the initial part of the URL is stripped off. e.g., on a server whose location is http://www.foo.com, Ns_RelativeUrl of "http://www.foo.com/hello" will return "/hello". Returns a pointer to the beginning of the relative url in the passed-in url, or NULL if error. Will set errno on error. Ns_SkipUrl(request, n) Return a pointer n elements into the request's url. SEE ALSO
nsd(1), info(n) KEYWORDS
AOLserver 4.0 Ns_Url(3aolserver)