Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Creating a CronJob Script
Operating Systems Solaris Creating a CronJob Script Post 302277262 by ronny_nch on Thursday 15th of January 2009 09:07:48 PM
Old 01-15-2009
Thanks mehrdad.
Will try this.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

help help cronjob problem with script

hi all, have no experience with cronjob at solaris, i have create script like below: #!/bin/sh DAY=`/export/home/oracle/bin/lastdate | nawk '{print $1}'` /export/home/orahome/bin/sqlplus -s abc/abc<<eof set heading off; set linesize 100; set feedback off; spool... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bucci
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

cronjob inside the script

Hiii, can nayone provide me the sample script which can do the following tasks--- I will apperciate if anyone give me their valuable inputs.I guess this is not at all a big task for the experts in the forum so kindly help me out in this. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: namishtiwari
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cronjob to run perl script

Hi all Recently i had finished a perl script. When i run manually, the script work fine. But when i wanted to put the script in cron, it didn't get the same output as it run manually. I felt that it only execute the script until certain line then it stop as i see most of the related files didn't... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: AirWalker83
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

help needed with creating challenging bash script with creating directories

Hi, Can someone help me with creating a bash shell script. I need to create a script that gets a positive number n as an argument. The script must create n directories in the current directory with names like map_1, map_2 etcetera. Each directory must be contained within its predecessor. So... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: I-1
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to cancel a cronjob if the cronjob still running

hi everyone I'm newbie in this forum hope I can get some help here :) I have a command in crontab that executed every 1 minute sometime this command need more than 1 minute to finish the problem is, the crontab execute this command although it's not finish processing yet and causing the system... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: 2j4h
7 Replies

6. Solaris

Creating Cronjob using .sh file

Hi all, I have created .sh file which contains oracle's export command to export the tables for backup. Also, used crontab for scheduling the above. currently, cronjob is defined manually using crontab -e command from the root user, but want to know how to write a shell script which on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: milink
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script not running through Cronjob

Hi, I have a .ksh script which updates the database. The script is running fine manually but it is not running through cron.All the file permissions are fine. The script contents are as below: #!/usr/bin/ksh ddate=`date +%Y%m%d` echo $ddate nohup sqlplus crm/crm @db_state_sync.sql >>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shivangi
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script with cronjob

Hello All, I have a script which will cd into a directory based on current timestamp. It will then do a grep and search for a condition. It's run on a cron job that runs every 30 minutes. So if it finds a match in 00, it sends out the contents of that grep to an alert and emails out. Now... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: liketheshell
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating cronjob

Guys I am a complete newbie to UNIX and I need some help. My team has taken on support of a very old UNIX box which is running version 2.4.21. I need to create an urgent cronjob to restart the sladp process every sunday at 1am. This is to to provide a temp fix to a production issue. Problem I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: strawdogz
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux script for several cronjob

I have a linux server for my joomla website. I am importing xml feeds (around 200). The component give a tool which list all the cron job commands to automaticaly make the feeds import I don't want to add one by one each cron job. So my idea is to make one cron job which will call a shell... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nino59
0 Replies
cdslinvchk(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     cdslinvchk(8)

NAME
cdslinvchk - Checks the CDSL inventory of the base operating system and layered applications. SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/cdslinvchk [log_file_path] OPTIONS
The path name to a location for the log file. By default this will be /var/adm/cdsl_check_list. DESCRIPTION
Use the cdslinvchk script to verify the current inventory of Context Dependent Symbolic Links (CDSLs) on a running system. CDSLs are spe- cial symbolic links that enable a system to work in a cluster. If CDSLs are accidentally removed, your system will not function correctly in a cluster. While this is not a problem for stand-alone systems, you may not be able to add the system as a member of a working cluster at some future time. You can run this script at any time or configure it to run at system start-up, or as a cron task. When you invoke the script, it checks the CDSLs on the running system against CDSLs of the installed inventory in /usr/.smdb and the addi- tional entries in /var/adm/cdsl_admin.inv, and ensures that each target file exists on the system as a properly-constituted CDSL. If the check is successful, the following message is displayed and the script terminates: Successful CDSL inventory check If the script finds inconsistencies in the inventory, warning messages are displayed on your terminal and logged to the default log file at /var/adm/cdsl_check_list. You can specify an alternate location for the log fill if required. The script locates any modified, missing, or replaced CDSLs. Note that the previous copy of the log file is renamed and retained for reference and is renamed by appending to the filename. Refer to the System Administration guide for information on recreating any missing or broken CDSLs. Refer to the hier(5) reference page for an inventory of CDSLs. MESSAGES One or more of the following messages may be displayed and logged to the log file: Unable to create <pathname> report file -- the script was not able to create a log file. Check the target directory and security. Expected CDSL: <cdsl_pathname> -> <pathname> CDSL Target has been modified to: <pathname> CDSL has been replaced with <pathname> CDSL is missing Failed CDSL inventory check. See details in <log file> FILES
Additional inventory file entries. This file will not exist on all systems. The current and previous log files for inventory errors and messages SEE ALSO
Commands: cron(8) Others: hier(5) See also the System Administration guide for details of CDSLs cdslinvchk(8)