Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to redirect the import log to /dev/null? Post 302277096 by vbe on Thursday 15th of January 2009 11:38:22 AM
Old 01-15-2009
Code:
imp "'/ as sysdba'" file=${exp_file} log=${RUN_PATH}/imp_${db}_${dt}.log parfile=config.par > /dev/null

Quote:
i tried adding 2>&1 > /dev/null to the end but then the log appears in the log file instead of the screen ,which the script builds with...

It should be added like this:
Code:
imp "'/ as sysdba'" file=${exp_file} log=${RUN_PATH}/imp_${db}_${dt}.log parfile=config.par >/dev/null 2>&1

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

>/dev/null

Maybe it's an stupid question but remeber... I'm Junior.. I use command line to run programs, and some of them gives a lot of information when, for example, you open a window or other actions. That's really bad because my terminal gets full of unwanted messages, so I use "bin file & >/dev/null"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: piltrafa
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

redirect stderr to dev/null in bash env.

Working in a bash environment, in the following example, how do I direct the error message that putting in an invalid flag (-j for example) would normally produce to dev/null? while getopts "abcd" opt do case "$opt" in i) a etc ;; r) b etc ;; f) c etc ;; v) d... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sniper Pixie
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

redirect stderr and/or stdout to /dev/null from command line

Is it possible to redirect errors at the command line when you run the script such as bash scriptname & 2>/dev/null? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: knc9233
1 Replies

4. Solaris

What is /dev/tty /dev/null and /dev/console

Hi, Anyone can help My solaris 8 system has the following /dev/null , /dev/tty and /dev/console All permission are lrwxrwxrwx Can this be change to a non-world write ?? any impact ?? (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: civic2005
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

/dev/null

Hi expert, May I know what is the difference between below cron tab entry ? 0,12 * * * * /abc/myscript.sh > /dev/null 2>&1 0,12 * * * * /abc/myscript.sh (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: olaris
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

/dev/null 2>&1 Versus /dev/null 2>1

How are these two different? They both prevent output and error from being displayed. I don't see the use of the "&" echo "hello" > /dev/null 2>&1 echo "hello" > /dev/null 2>1 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: glev2005
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting standard out to /dev/null goes to file "/dev/null" instead

I apologize if this question has been answered else where or is too elementary. I ran across a KSH script (long unimportant story) that does this: if ; then CAS_SRC_LOG="/var/log/cas_src.log 2>&1" else CAS_SRC_LOG="/dev/null 2>&1" fithen does this: /usr/bin/echo "heartbeat:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbmorrisonjr
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

redirect the audio output to /dev/null

I'm using an text-to-speech synthesis in a script, and I need to redirect it's output to /dev/null how can I do that ? And how to redirect the stream to his normal output then (sound card ) ? thankx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: firelink
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with /dev/null Please

Hello All and a Happy New year to yous guys. I'm running the below command on my AIX box and it keeps giving me the message that the file doesn't exist. I know the file don't exist, but I don't want to see the error. 2>/dev/null doesn't work. bash-3.00$ ls -l C* | wc -l 2>/dev/null ls:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Redirect Standard Error to /dev/null is not working.

Hello. When I run a .ksh that contains the command below, and there is no file available in the source location the "FILE_NAME_*.CSV not found" error is still being displayed. FILEN=$(ssh ${SOURCE_SERV} "cd ${SOURCE_LOCATION} ;ls ${FILES}") 2> /dev/null. This is interfering with the rest... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimbojames
4 Replies
ds.log(4)							   File Formats 							 ds.log(4)

NAME
ds.log - Availability Suite data services log file DESCRIPTION
The /var/adm/ds.log file contains the Availability Suite data services command log. The administration commands log activities to the file in the format: date time product: message Note that when the size of the log file exceeds 10 Mbytes, ds.log is renamed /var/adm/ds.log.bak and a new /var/adm/ds.log file is cre- ated. The ds.log fields are: date The date format is mmm nn, where mmm is the local three-character abbreviation for the month and nn is the day of the month on which the event occurred. time The time of the event, in hh:mm:ss format. product A product code that identifies which component of the data services produced the event. The code is separated from the message that follows by a colon (:) and a space. message A message that can extend over more than one line describing the event that occurred. The second or following lines are not pre- fixed by the date, time, and product code strings. EXAMPLES
The example below shows sample ds.log file content: Jan 25 05:26:17 ii: iiboot suspend cluster tag <none> Jan 25 05:32:02 ii: iiboot resume cluster tag <none> Jan 25 05:32:04 sv: svboot: resume /dev/vx/rdsk/bigmaster Jan 25 05:32:04 sv: svboot: resume /dev/vx/rdsk/bigshadow Jan 25 05:32:04 sv: svboot: resume /dev/vx/rdsk/mstvxfs Jan 25 05:32:04 sv: svboot: resume /dev/vx/rdsk/master01 ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +---------------------+---------------------------------------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +---------------------+---------------------------------------------------------+ |Architecture | x86 | +---------------------+---------------------------------------------------------+ |Availability | SUNWscmu | +---------------------+---------------------------------------------------------+ |Interface Stability | Committed | +---------------------+---------------------------------------------------------+ SEE ALSO
iiadm(1M), sndradm(1M), svadm(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 08 Jun 2007 ds.log(4)