Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to pass array as an arguement ? Post 302276954 by rajavu on Thursday 15th of January 2009 03:21:13 AM
Old 01-15-2009
Even after removing the 'sh' its not working . rather gives the error "test2.sh: command not found"

But it works well if we are passing single Array element as parameter like ${arr1[0]}.( with extra sh Smilie )

Raj.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can we pass array with call by value in function

I want to pass an array in my function, And my function will be changing the elements of the array in the fuction, but it should not affect the values in my array variable of main function (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ranjithpr
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How To Pass an Array Variable

Hi, I have a master BASH shell script where I define a bunch of variables: $var1=why $var2=is $var3=(this so hard) I would then like to call another shell script and pass these variables to it: $script2 $var1 $var2 $var3 This works fine for var1 and var2. However, var3 is an array,... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: msb65
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass ksh array to oracle

Hi all.. Does anyone know have an example of passing the contents of a ksharray to oracle? basically I am looking to loop through the contents of a file and store each line into a bash ksh. Once i have this I can then pass the array into an oracle procedure that accepts an array as an... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kiranlalka
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass an array from SHELL to C function

Hi, I have an output generated from a shell script like; 0x41,0xF2,0x59,0xDD,0x86,0xD3,0xEF,0x61,0xF2 How can I pass this value to the C function, as below; int main(int argc, char *argv) { unsigned char hellopdu={above value}; } Regards Elthox (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: elthox
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Function Array Arguement Passing

Hi All, I have some questions regarding array arguements passing for Perl Function. If @array contains 2 items , arguements passing would be like Code_A. But what if @array needs to add in more items, the rest of the code like $_ will have to be modified as well (highlighted in red), which is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raynon
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass an array as arg to a script..

Hi, Please guide to pass an array as a arg to a script... for example, I have a script small.sh to find the small no of given arg as below... #! /bin/sh # this script is for finding the small number set -A arr_no_updates small=$1 i=1 for arr in $@ do if (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: little_wonder
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass filename as arguement to awk command?

Hi, I am facing one issue. The awk command works fine if i hardcode the file name but if is pass it as an arguement it doesn't work. For e.g:Below commands works fine awk -v A="$type" '{F=substr($0,23,8) "_LTD_" A ".txt"; print $0 >> F; close(F) }' RL004.txt But the below command does not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neelkanth
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pass array to shell and print

How do i pass an array from test4.sh to a function in another shell script test5.sh, basically i am sourcing the test5.sh in test4.sh and printing the contents, but not working below are my trial scripts, please help, thank you. #!/bin/bash # /usr/local/dw/archive/test5.sh print_array() {... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass array to a function and display the array

Hi All I have multiple arrays like below. set -A val1 1 2 4 5 set -A val2 a b c d . . . Now i would like to pass the individual arrays one by one to a function and display/ do some action. Note : I am using ksh Can you please advise any solution... Thanks in advance. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Girish19
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to pass first array value?

Hi, I am creating filesystem for block device, but I want to pass array value one by one acording to block device count. $tmp1 = block device count 3 $blockdevice = So I want to first pass sdb1 alone in loop, how to take only block device seprately from $blockdevice array. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stew
1 Replies
PREG_MATCH_ALL(3)							 1							 PREG_MATCH_ALL(3)

preg_match_all - Perform a global regular expression match

SYNOPSIS
int preg_match_all PREG_PATTERN_ORDER (string $pattern, string $subject, [array &$matches], [int $flags], [int $offset]) DESCRIPTION
Searches $subject for all matches to the regular expression given in $pattern and puts them in $matches in the order specified by $flags. After the first match is found, the subsequent searches are continued on from end of the last match. PARAMETERS
o $pattern - The pattern to search for, as a string. o $subject - The input string. o $matches - Array of all matches in multi-dimensional array ordered according to $flags. o $flags - Can be a combination of the following flags (note that it doesn't make sense to use PREG_PATTERN_ORDER together with PREG_SET_ORDER): o PREG_PATTERN_ORDER - Orders results so that $matches[0] is an array of full pattern matches, $matches[1] is an array of strings matched by the first parenthesized subpattern, and so on. <?php preg_match_all("|<[^>]+>(.*)</[^>]+>|U", "<b>example: </b><div align=left>this is a test</div>", $out, PREG_PATTERN_ORDER); echo $out[0][0] . ", " . $out[0][1] . " "; echo $out[1][0] . ", " . $out[1][1] . " "; ?> The above example will output: <b>example: </b>, <div align=left>this is a test</div> example: , this is a test So, $out[0] contains array of strings that matched full pattern, and $out[1] contains array of strings enclosed by tags. o PREG_SET_ORDER - Orders results so that $matches[0] is an array of first set of matches, $matches[1] is an array of second set of matches, and so on. <?php preg_match_all("|<[^>]+>(.*)</[^>]+>|U", "<b>example: </b><div align="left">this is a test</div>", $out, PREG_SET_ORDER); echo $out[0][0] . ", " . $out[0][1] . " "; echo $out[1][0] . ", " . $out[1][1] . " "; ?> The above example will output: <b>example: </b>, example: <div align="left">this is a test</div>, this is a test o PREG_OFFSET_CAPTURE - If this flag is passed, for every occurring match the appendant string offset will also be returned. Note that this changes the value of $matches into an array where every element is an array consisting of the matched string at offset 0 and its string offset into $subject at offset 1. If no order flag is given, PREG_PATTERN_ORDER is assumed. o $offset - Normally, the search starts from the beginning of the subject string. The optional parameter $offset can be used to specify the alternate place from which to start the search (in bytes). Note Using $offset is not equivalent to passing substr($subject, $offset) to preg_match_all(3) in place of the subject string, because $pattern can contain assertions such as ^, $ or (?<=x). See preg_match(3) for examples. RETURN VALUES
Returns the number of full pattern matches (which might be zero), or FALSE if an error occurred. CHANGELOG
+--------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 5.4.0 | | | | | | | The $matches parameter became optional. | | | | | 5.3.6 | | | | | | | Returns FALSE if $offset is higher than $subject | | | length. | | | | | 5.2.2 | | | | | | | Named subpatterns now accept the syntax | | | (?<name>) and (?'name') as well as (?P<name>). | | | Previous versions accepted only (?P<name>). | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ EXAMPLES
Example #1 Getting all phone numbers out of some text. <?php preg_match_all("/(? (d{3})? )? (?(1) [-s] ) d{3}-d{4}/x", "Call 555-1212 or 1-800-555-1212", $phones); ?> Example #2 Find matching HTML tags (greedy) <?php // The \2 is an example of backreferencing. This tells pcre that // it must match the second set of parentheses in the regular expression // itself, which would be the ([w]+) in this case. The extra backslash is // required because the string is in double quotes. $html = "<b>bold text</b><a href=howdy.html>click me</a>"; preg_match_all("/(<([w]+)[^>]*>)(.*?)(</\2>)/", $html, $matches, PREG_SET_ORDER); foreach ($matches as $val) { echo "matched: " . $val[0] . " "; echo "part 1: " . $val[1] . " "; echo "part 2: " . $val[2] . " "; echo "part 3: " . $val[3] . " "; echo "part 4: " . $val[4] . " "; } ?> The above example will output: matched: <b>bold text</b> part 1: <b> part 2: b part 3: bold text part 4: </b> matched: <a href=howdy.html>click me</a> part 1: <a href=howdy.html> part 2: a part 3: click me part 4: </a> Example #3 Using named subpattern <?php $str = <<<FOO a: 1 b: 2 c: 3 FOO; preg_match_all('/(?P<name>w+): (?P<digit>d+)/', $str, $matches); /* This also works in PHP 5.2.2 (PCRE 7.0) and later, however * the above form is recommended for backwards compatibility */ // preg_match_all('/(?<name>w+): (?<digit>d+)/', $str, $matches); print_r($matches); ?> The above example will output: Array ( [0] => Array ( [0] => a: 1 [1] => b: 2 [2] => c: 3 ) [name] => Array ( [0] => a [1] => b [2] => c ) [1] => Array ( [0] => a [1] => b [2] => c ) [digit] => Array ( [0] => 1 [1] => 2 [2] => 3 ) [2] => Array ( [0] => 1 [1] => 2 [2] => 3 ) ) SEE ALSO
PCRE Patterns, preg_quote(3), preg_match(3), preg_replace(3), preg_split(3), preg_last_error(3). PHP Documentation Group PREG_MATCH_ALL(3)