Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl script for extract data from xml files Post 302276776 by fpmurphy on Wednesday 14th of January 2009 02:41:38 PM
Old 01-14-2009
Sorry but what you provided is not a valid or comforming XML document (file).

Furthermore can you explain in detail what output you want for a given input. I cannot understand your example.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract data from xml- shell script using awk

Hi, This is the xml file that i have. - <front-servlet platform="WAS4.0" request-retriever="SiteMinder-aware" configuration-rescan-interval="60000"> <concurrency-throttle maximum-concurrency="50" redirect-page="/jsp/defaulterror.jsp" /> - <loggers> <instrumentation... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nishana
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with shell script to extract data from XML file

Hello Scripting Gurus, I need help with extracting data from the XML file using shell script. The data is in a large XML and I need to extract the id values of all completedworkflows. Here is a sample of it. Input and output data is also in the attached text files. <wfregistry>... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yajaykumar
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract xml data

Hi all, I have the following xml file : <xmlhead><xmlelement1>element1value</xmlelement1>\0a<xmlelement2>jjasd</xmlelement2>...</xmlhead> As you can see there are no lines or spaces seperating the elements, just the character \0a. How can i find and print the values of a specific element?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nthed
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML data extract

Hi all, I have the following xml document : <HEADER><El1>asdf</El1> <El2>3</El2> <El3>asad</El3> <El4>asasdf</El4> <El5>asdf</El5> <El6>asdf</El6> <El7>asdf</El7> <El8>A</El8> <El9>0</El9> <El10>75291028141917</El10> <El11>asdf</El11> <El12>sdf</El12> <El13>er</El13> <El14><El15>asdf... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nthed
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to extract 'ID' From XML File

File1.xml <?xml version.........> - <abcd:abcd_list version="1" www.john_uncle's_server.com" xmlns: - <device id="100"> <firmware>12.4(3d)</firmware> <location id="500">Sitting Room</location> </device> - <device id="101"> <firmware>12.4(3d)</firmware> <location id="501">Class... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sureshcisco
1 Replies

6. Programming

extract xml data and create word document using perl.

hi, i have large xml file which contains students information, i need to extract student number and some address tags and create a word document for the extracted data. my data looking llike this <student> <number>24</number> <education>bachelors</education> ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: veerubiji
1 Replies

7. Programming

Extract xml data and create word document using perl.

Hi, I have large xml data file.I need to extract node and some tags in the node and after I need to create word document. my XMl data is look like as below -<student> <number>24</number> <education>bachelor</bachelor> <specialization>computers</specialization> ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: veerubiji
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to extract data in repeating tags from xml

Hi, I am new to shell scripting. I need to extract data between repeating tags from an xml file and store the data in an array to process it further. <ns1:root xmlns:ns1="http://example.com/config"> <ns1:interface>in1</ns1:interface> <ns1:operation attribute1="true" attribute2="abd"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sailendra
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract strings from XML files and create a new XML

Hello everybody, I have a double mission with some XML files, which is pretty challenging for my actual beginner UNIX knowledge. I need to extract some strings from multiple XML files and create a new XML file with the searched strings.. The original XML files contain the source code for... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: milano.churchil
12 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

In PErl script: need to read the data one file and generate multiple files based on the data

We have the data looks like below in a log file. I want to generat files based on the string between two hash(#) symbol like below Source: #ext1#test1.tale2 drop #ext1#test11.tale21 drop #ext1#test123.tale21 drop #ext2#test1.tale21 drop #ext2#test12.tale21 drop #ext3#test11.tale21 drop... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sanjeev G
5 Replies
HXUNENT(1)							  HTML-XML-utils							HXUNENT(1)

NAME
hxunent - replace HTML predefined character entities by UTF-8 SYNOPSIS
hxunent [ -b ] [ -f ] [ file ] DESCRIPTION
The hxunent command reads the file (or standard input) and copies it to standard output with &-entities by their equivalent character (encoded as UTF-8). E.g., &quot; is replaced by " and &lt; is replaced by <. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -b The five builtin entities of XML (&lt; &gt; &quot; &apos; &amp;) are not replaced but copied unchanged. This is necessary if the output has to be valid XML or SGML. -f This option changes how unknown entities or lone ampersands are handled. Normally they are copied unchanged, but this option tries to "fix" them by replacing ampersands by &amp;. Often such stray ampersands are the result of copy and paste of URLs into a document and then this option indeed fixes them and makes the document valid. DIAGNOSTICS
The program's exit value is 0 if all went well, otherwise: 1 The input couldn't be read (file not found, file not readable...) 2 Wrong command line arguments. SEE ALSO
asc2xml(1), xml2asc(1), UTF-8 (RFC 2279) BUGS
The program assumes entities are as defined by HTML. It doesn't read a document's DTD to find the actual definitions in use in a document. With -f, it will even remove all entities that are not HTML entities. 6.x 10 Jul 2011 HXUNENT(1)