Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting unable to schedule job in cron Post 302276626 by prakash.gr on Wednesday 14th of January 2009 08:48:02 AM
Old 01-14-2009
Hi JerryHone,

Thanks for your inputs and it worked for me.

Cheers

Prakash G R

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Schedule job using cron(URGENT)

Hello All, I m newbie to Job scheduling. Suppose i have 2 files s1.sh and s2.sh i want to make a schedule such as run s1.sh at 2AM everyday and run s2.sh 9Pm everyday. Can anyone tell me how to schdule that using CRON and i want to know what is CRON and CRONTAB. Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi.sadani19
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

unable to schedule in cron

the follwing script is running fine , when run from the ksh shell...it runs properly i.e. waits for a file "test.flag" and sends mail accordingly. But when I schedule it in the crontab ...it does not run at the specified time (it never runs). I am using ksh ####shell script starts count=1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ace@123
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron to schedule job at different times

Hi, I want to run cron scheduler to run some script at different times of the day.But these times don't have some fix intervals. So how we can run jobs at 6:30AM, 1:00PM and 4:30PM everyday. Please help. Thanks Neeraj (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: apjneeraj
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Schedule a Cron job

Hi all, I am new to cron jobs.. i wanted to schedule a cron job that wil send a mail to me at 3:00PM on 10th August ie is on Wednesday. 0 15 10 8 3 echo "message from UNIX here"|mail -s "your subject here" user@user.com However this was not executed... Can anyone please... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ch33ry
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Schedule a cron job

Hi, Can anyone help me out with scheduling a cron job for the below: i wnated to delete file from a folder on every sunday at 05:00 AM this is code i have used. ******************************************************* 0 05 * * 0 find /abc/xyz/pqrs/bak/ -type f -mtime +30 -exec rm -f... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ch33ry
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

schedule a job without Cron

Hi All, Is there any way (any utility) to schedule a job to run once in a week on RedHat Linux ? Note- Do not using Crontab. Thanks Pravin (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pravin27
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Cron job is not running on schedule

Scheduled job is not running on time.but it is running when executing same command manually. 25 10 * * * /code/bin/ACCOUNT.ksh 1 >/dev/null 2 >&1 Manually executing the same Ksh -x /code/bin/ACCOUNT.ksh 1 >/dev/null 2 >&1 Followed steps Crontab -e Added the job to cron tab. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Myguest
4 Replies
cron(8) 						      System Manager's Manual							   cron(8)

NAME
cron - The system clock daemon SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/cron DESCRIPTION
The cron daemon runs shell commands at specified dates and times. Commands that are to run according to a regular or periodic schedule are found within the crontab files. Commands that are to run once only are found within the at files. You submit crontab and at file entries by using the crontab and at commands. Because the cron process exits only when killed or when the system stops, only one cron daemon should exist on the system at any given time. Normally, you start the cron daemon from within a run command file. During process initialization and when cron detects a change, it examines the crontab and at files. This strategy reduces the overhead of checking for new or changed files at regularly scheduled intervals. The cron command creates a log of its activities. The cron daemon must be started from the system startup scripts because it must begin execution without a login user ID set. The cron daemon starts each job with the following process attributes stored with the job by the invoking process: Login user ID Effective and real user IDs Effective and real group IDs Supplementary groups It also establishes the following attributes from the authentication profile of the account associated with the login user ID of the invok- ing process: Audit control and disposition masks Kernel authorizations DIAGNOSTICS
The at and batch programs will refuse to accept jobs submitted from processes whose login user ID is different from the real user ID. FILES
Specifies the command path. Main cron directory Directory containing the crontab files. List of allowed users. List of denied users His- tory information for cron Queue description file for at, batch, and cron RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: at(1), crontab(1), rc0(8), rc2(8), rc3(8) Files: queuedefs(4) delim off cron(8)