Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Mac Filtering in REDHAT-el5
Special Forums IP Networking Mac Filtering in REDHAT-el5 Post 302276600 by otheus on Wednesday 14th of January 2009 07:50:38 AM
Old 01-14-2009
When you say it is "not working", does that mean that packets from this mac/ip are not being forwarded? Or do you mean that invalid packets (which do not match the ip and mac) are being forwarded?

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ipfw2 with mac filtering

Work with FreeBSD with firewall ipfw + dummynet and I need to allow to some IP by MAC address and to deny to the others, since I can do it? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: darknighter
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove all kernel except 2.6.18-308.24.1.el5

Hello All, I would like to remove all kernel in the system except 2.6.18-308.24.1.el5. I was trying something like rpm -qa|grep kernel|grep -v 2.6.18-308.24.1.el5|yum remove it did not work. any help? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: adam25ca
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sort command results are different in Redhat 4 vs Redhat 5

Hi, I am having a text file with the following contents ########### File1 ########### some page1.txt text page.txt When I sort this file on Red Hat 5, then I get the following output ########### File1 ########### page1.txt page.txt some (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
3 Replies
XENNET(4)						 BSD/xen Kernel Interfaces Manual						 XENNET(4)

NAME
xennet -- Xen frontend paravirtualized network interface SYNOPSIS
xennet* at xenbus? DESCRIPTION
The xennet interface forms the frontend part of the paravirtualized drivers used by Xen guest domains to have network connectivity. When the host domain is NetBSD, the endpoint of the xennet interface is a xvif(4) interface. In the XenStore, xvif and xennet are identified by ``vif'' (virtual interface) entries. Conceptually, frontends and backends drivers are similar to two Ethernet cards connected via a crossover cable. DIAGNOSTICS
xennet%d: can't read mac address, err %d The MAC address for this interface could not be read from XenStore. xennet%d: %s is not a valid mac address The MAC address specified in the configuration file of the newly created guest domain is invalid. xennet%d: using event channel %d The Xen event channel (virtual interrupt) ID associated to this xennet. xennet%d: using RX copy mode The xennet and its associated endpoint use copy mode for communication: packets are copied from one domain's memory to another. xennet%d: using RX flip mode The xennet and its associated endpoint use flip mode for communication: packets are passed by remapping memory pages between domains. SEE ALSO
ifmedia(4), xenbus(4), xvif(4), ifconfig(8) HISTORY
The xennet driver first appeared in NetBSD 3.0. AUTHORS
The xennet driver was written by Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@NetBSD.org> and Christian Limpach <chris@pin.lu>. BSD
January 8, 2011 BSD