Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Virtualization and Cloud Computing Virtualization and physical resources Post 302276572 by johnf on Wednesday 14th of January 2009 05:39:20 AM
Old 01-14-2009
I agree with bakunin on the premis that clever salemen sell non-technical managers some TIN which is unsuitable for the job. However I cannot totally agree with the statement that all cases of production SHOULD NOT be through VIO served LPAR configuration. I have worked for a number of clients where the large grunt machines running very large Oracle databases were by necessity standalone LPARs with their own resources (network disk etc.) However for the low order LPARs these were configured in a dual VIO server configuration with auto failover of all services (network SSA disk etc.) As long as the network and disk connections are proven and stable then the performance of this configuration were more than adequate.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

physical volume and physical disk.

Hello, I need explanations about physical disks and physical volumes. What is the difference between these 2 things? In fact, i am trying to understand what the AIX lspv2command does. Thank you in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: VeroL
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Physical volume- no free physical partitions

I was in smit, checking on disc space, etc. and it appears that one of our physical volumes that is part of a large volume group, has no free physical partitions. The server is running AIX 5.1. What would be the advisable step to take in this instance? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: markper
9 Replies

3. Solaris

List all resources on physical host LDOM server

Hello, I have a SUN T5240 running Solaris 10 with Logical Domain Manager (v 1.0.3). You can use the "ldm" command to display current resources on the box. Is there away to display all the "physical resources" on the box(i.e.,used and unused). For example, "ldm ls" will tell me what the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: stephanpitts
5 Replies

4. AIX

Maximum Limit of HMC to handle Physical Power Virtualization Physical Machine

Hello All, Can anybody please tell me what is the maximum limit of Physical IBM Power Machine which can be handled by single HMC at a single point of time? Thanks, Jenish (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jenish_shah
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

Redhat Virtualization 2.2

Hi Friends, Is there any one who is working on Redhat Virtualization (RHEV -- KVM)? Regards, Arumon (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arumon
4 Replies

6. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

Virtualization problems

Hi everyone. Last week we have some hardware problems in our Unixware 7 server, and i decided to change this physical machine into a virtual machine. The scenario is: architecture=IA32 bus_types=PCI2.10,ISA,PnP1.0 hostname=tecsup2uw.tecsupaqp.edu hw_provider=Generic AT... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: danilosevilla
1 Replies

7. Solaris

svc:/network/physical:default: Method "/lib/svc/method/net-physical" failed with exit status 96. [ n

After a memory upgrade all network interfaces are misconfigued. How do i resolve this issue. Below are some out puts.thanks. ifconfig: plumb: SIOCLIFADDIF: eg000g0:2: no such interface # ifconfig eg1000g0:2 plumb ifconfig: plumb: SIOCLIFADDIF: eg1000g0:2: no such interface # ifconfig... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: andersonedouard
2 Replies

8. HP-UX

Virtualization options for HP-UX 11.31

Hello, I am looking for a virtualization option for HP-UX that will allow VMs to run completely independent of each other with full Operating System capabilities (not a guest OS with limited features/access), with their own IP addresses and dedicated resources that will not interfere with any... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bstring
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Confusion Regarding Physical Volume,Volume Group,Logical Volume,Physical partition

Hi, I am new to unix. I am working on Red Hat Linux and side by side on AIX also. After reading the concepts of Storage, I am now really confused regarding the terminologies 1)Physical Volume 2)Volume Group 3)Logical Volume 4)Physical Partition Please help me to understand these concepts. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kashifsd17
6 Replies

10. Solaris

solaris virtualization

Hi everyone, I have ten servers with solaris (diffrent versions). there is solaris 10, solaris 6 and solaris 8. some are SPARC and some are x86 I would like to move them to one server so they all will be virtual. Is it possible? how? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bregtux
4 Replies
SYSTEMD-NETWORKD.SERVICE(8)				     systemd-networkd.service				       SYSTEMD-NETWORKD.SERVICE(8)

NAME
systemd-networkd.service, systemd-networkd - Network manager SYNOPSIS
systemd-networkd.service /lib/systemd/systemd-networkd DESCRIPTION
systemd-networkd is a system service that manages networks. It detects and configures network devices as they appear, as well as creating virtual network devices. To configure low-level link settings independently of networks, see systemd.link(5). systemd-networkd will create network devices based on the configuration in systemd.netdev(5) files, respecting the [Match] sections in those files. systemd-networkd will manage network addresses and routes for any link for which it finds a .network file with an appropriate [Match] section, see systemd.network(5). For those links, it will flush existing network addresses and routes when bringing up the device. Any links not matched by one of the .network files will be ignored. It is also possible to explicitly tell systemd-networkd to ignore a link by using Unmanaged=yes option, see systemd.network(5). When systemd-networkd exits, it generally leaves existing network devices and configuration intact. This makes it possible to transition from the initrams and to restart the service without breaking connectivity. This also means that when configuration is updated and systemd-networkd is restarted, netdev interfaces for which configuration was removed will not be dropped, and may need to be cleaned up manually. CONFIGURATION FILES
The configuration files are read from the files located in the system network directory /lib/systemd/network, the volatile runtime network directory /run/systemd/network and the local administration network directory /etc/systemd/network. Networks are configured in .network files, see systemd.network(5), and virtual network devices are configured in .netdev files, see systemd.netdev(5). SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemd.link(5), systemd.network(5), systemd.netdev(5), systemd-networkd-wait-online.service(8) systemd 237 SYSTEMD-NETWORKD.SERVICE(8)