Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Updating the comments field on /etc/passwd Post 302276099 by otheus on Tuesday 13th of January 2009 03:32:30 AM
Old 01-13-2009
Sorry! I fixed the original message to double-quote all strings within awk. Hopefully that solves the problem.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Trying to extract a field from /etc/passwd file..

Hello, was looking for some help on extracting a field from the passwd file. So far I have made a copy of the passwd file and changed my rights so I can edit it. Every user's password is coded as an :x:, and my goal was to change that x to a blank, and then try to extract any user with that field... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xBuRnTx
2 Replies

2. Programming

lint comments

Hi can anyone help me regarding the meaning of the following lint messages. what is the use of having such lint comments in the c program. /*lint -esym(534,cputs,fgets,cprintf) */ /*lint -efile(766,pragmas.h) */ Thanks a lot in advance. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: axes
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk updating one file with another, comparing, updating

Hello, I read and search through this wonderful forum and tried different approaches but it seems I lack some knowledge and neurones ^^ Here is what I'm trying to achieve : file1: test filea 3495; test fileb 4578; test filec 7689; test filey 9978; test filez 12300; file2: test filea... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mecano
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for updating the comments field on /etc/passwd on redhat linux

Hi there, I have more that 300 servers that I need to updated the comments field on /etc/passwd for users that have a blank comments fields. The users have accounts on different servers. I have created a list of these users on a text file called update_passwd.txt. I need a script that will... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Duke
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Updating a field in a File without creating temp file's

Hi Experts, I have a requirement where i need to update the below items in file, 1. END TIME 2. PREV_STATUS For the first time the PREV_status and end time of all job the job will be sysdate & NULL reply as below, Session_name,Load Type,Frequency,Seesion End time,Prev_Status... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prabhutkl
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed script, changing all C-comments to C++-comments

I must write a script to change all C++ like comments: // this is a comment to this one /* this is a comment */ How to do it by sed? With file: #include <cstdio> using namespace std; //one // two int main() { printf("Example"); // three }//four the result should be: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: black_hawk
2 Replies

7. Solaris

passwd cmd reenables passwd aging in shadow entry

Hi Folks, I have Solaris 10, latest release. We have passwd aging set in /etc/defalut/passwd. I have an account that passwd should never expire. Acheived by emptying associated users shadow file entries for passwd aging. When I reset the users passwd using passwd command, it re enables... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete Comments

Hello i am back :D, i have a prolem. I want to Delete the IPs which are in Comments. Input 192.168.0.1 192.168.0.2 #192.168.0.3 #192.168.0.4 - when TAB or Space, delete too. /*192.168.0.5 192.168.0.6 192.168.0.7*\ Output 192.168.0.1 192.168.0.2 My solution is sed -e... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: eightball
7 Replies

9. AIX

When did AIX start using /etc/security/passwd instead of /etc/passwd to store encrypted passwords?

Does anyone know when AIX started using /etc/security/passwd instead of /etc/passwd to store encrypted passwords? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anne Neville
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Passwd -l or -u modifies lastchg field in /etc/shadow file

Hi, I have a Solaris 10 box where password aging is not functioning properly. Using the passwd command with the -l or -u options causes the lastchg field in the /etc/shadow file to be modified. Therefore, if a user's password is set to expire in 90 days and they are 1 day away, all they have... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cschar
4 Replies
dgglse.f(3)							      LAPACK							       dgglse.f(3)

NAME
dgglse.f - SYNOPSIS
Functions/Subroutines subroutine dgglse (M, N, P, A, LDA, B, LDB, C, D, X, WORK, LWORK, INFO) DGGLSE solves overdetermined or underdetermined systems for OTHER matrices Function/Subroutine Documentation subroutine dgglse (integerM, integerN, integerP, double precision, dimension( lda, * )A, integerLDA, double precision, dimension( ldb, * )B, integerLDB, double precision, dimension( * )C, double precision, dimension( * )D, double precision, dimension( * )X, double precision, dimension( * )WORK, integerLWORK, integerINFO) DGGLSE solves overdetermined or underdetermined systems for OTHER matrices Purpose: DGGLSE solves the linear equality-constrained least squares (LSE) problem: minimize || c - A*x ||_2 subject to B*x = d where A is an M-by-N matrix, B is a P-by-N matrix, c is a given M-vector, and d is a given P-vector. It is assumed that P <= N <= M+P, and rank(B) = P and rank( (A) ) = N. ( (B) ) These conditions ensure that the LSE problem has a unique solution, which is obtained using a generalized RQ factorization of the matrices (B, A) given by B = (0 R)*Q, A = Z*T*Q. Parameters: M M is INTEGER The number of rows of the matrix A. M >= 0. N N is INTEGER The number of columns of the matrices A and B. N >= 0. P P is INTEGER The number of rows of the matrix B. 0 <= P <= N <= M+P. A A is DOUBLE PRECISION array, dimension (LDA,N) On entry, the M-by-N matrix A. On exit, the elements on and above the diagonal of the array contain the min(M,N)-by-N upper trapezoidal matrix T. LDA LDA is INTEGER The leading dimension of the array A. LDA >= max(1,M). B B is DOUBLE PRECISION array, dimension (LDB,N) On entry, the P-by-N matrix B. On exit, the upper triangle of the subarray B(1:P,N-P+1:N) contains the P-by-P upper triangular matrix R. LDB LDB is INTEGER The leading dimension of the array B. LDB >= max(1,P). C C is DOUBLE PRECISION array, dimension (M) On entry, C contains the right hand side vector for the least squares part of the LSE problem. On exit, the residual sum of squares for the solution is given by the sum of squares of elements N-P+1 to M of vector C. D D is DOUBLE PRECISION array, dimension (P) On entry, D contains the right hand side vector for the constrained equation. On exit, D is destroyed. X X is DOUBLE PRECISION array, dimension (N) On exit, X is the solution of the LSE problem. WORK WORK is DOUBLE PRECISION array, dimension (MAX(1,LWORK)) On exit, if INFO = 0, WORK(1) returns the optimal LWORK. LWORK LWORK is INTEGER The dimension of the array WORK. LWORK >= max(1,M+N+P). For optimum performance LWORK >= P+min(M,N)+max(M,N)*NB, where NB is an upper bound for the optimal blocksizes for DGEQRF, SGERQF, DORMQR and SORMRQ. If LWORK = -1, then a workspace query is assumed; the routine only calculates the optimal size of the WORK array, returns this value as the first entry of the WORK array, and no error message related to LWORK is issued by XERBLA. INFO INFO is INTEGER = 0: successful exit. < 0: if INFO = -i, the i-th argument had an illegal value. = 1: the upper triangular factor R associated with B in the generalized RQ factorization of the pair (B, A) is singular, so that rank(B) < P; the least squares solution could not be computed. = 2: the (N-P) by (N-P) part of the upper trapezoidal factor T associated with A in the generalized RQ factorization of the pair (B, A) is singular, so that rank( (A) ) < N; the least squares solution could not ( (B) ) be computed. Author: Univ. of Tennessee Univ. of California Berkeley Univ. of Colorado Denver NAG Ltd. Date: November 2011 Definition at line 180 of file dgglse.f. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for LAPACK from the source code. Version 3.4.2 Tue Sep 25 2012 dgglse.f(3)