Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: need meanings for FTP codes
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting need meanings for FTP codes Post 302276000 by smr_rashmy on Monday 12th of January 2009 09:01:43 PM
Old 01-12-2009
need meanings for FTP codes

Hi Friends,

Could i get the meaning for the following FTP codes?
421 425 426 530 450 550 451 551 452 552 553

Thanks,
Raja.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

exit codes

Where can a locate a list of Unix exit codes? thank you, Donna (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: donna carter
3 Replies

2. Programming

How to get Key codes

Hi Experts, I like to get the Key codes of the keys in the Keyboard while I press it. Its something like scan code. I want to know which key had been pressed. Can anyone fine me a solution for this using C. Regards Anent (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: anent
12 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

escape codes

I did a search and found the link for escape codes,- but I am not sure how to modify this script to set the margins. I started with a script that was already written on my system to set a printer to print landscape. I need to send an report that is in an ascii file to multiple printers from my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MizzGail
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with Return codes

I have the below script I am running on a Solaris system to check the status of a Tivoli Workload Scheduler job and return the status. We need this script to return a '0' if any of the jobs in the stream are in a "EXEC" state and an "1" if in a "HOLD" state. I am not a programmer so I am not sure... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: leezer1204
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

can anyone explain this codes here?

nawk 'FNR > 3 {printf("%s%c", $0, OFS)}END{print ""}' "$1" > "$1".out && mv "$1 ".out "$1" what is FNR? or printf("%s%c",$0, OFS)}? sorry..im lost... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: forevercalz
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

where can I get exit code meanings?

I'm investigating strange behaviour on two boxes (Sun OS 5.10 and AIX 5.1) in ksh have used $? to get exit codes returned:- 137 and 34 where can I find what these mean? thank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: speedieB
1 Replies

7. Cybersecurity

Syslog events meanings

Hi everybody, I'm writing to know what the following event stands for. I know that the following event is about a "su to root" action but I don't have any Idea about what action could rise this message. For example If an acction performed by the root crontab, a sudo command or something like that.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: PVelazco
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

top command: abbrevations and meanings - Please !

Hi all, I was trying see some CPU utilization of a Red hat Linux machine using 'top' command. Any way I got high level idea from the out puts, but when I observed the following line: Cpu(s): 7.4%us, 0.5%sy, 0.0%ni, 91.6%id, 0.4%wa, 0.0%hi, 0.1%si, 0.0%st I couldn't make out what... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: a99u
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pipes with the < and >> meanings.

Hey, Well, we're starting scripting next week for my class, and I have my command done, but I don't actually understand what the meaning is, so I was just wondering if someone could "translate" this in to words so that I might be able to do this better... command1 | command2 | command3... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sso
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP exit and error codes

I have a script which connects to a remote server via FTP and gets some file from there. #!/bin/bash /usr/bin/ftp -n remote.hostname.com <<EOF quote USER user123 quote PASS password123 lcd /dir1/dir2/dir3 cd / mget file_pattern* close bye EOF rc=$? if ] ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhruuv369
7 Replies
ftpconfig(1M)						  System Administration Commands					     ftpconfig(1M)

NAME
ftpconfig - set up anonymous FTP SYNOPSIS
ftpconfig [ftpdir] ftpconfig -d ftpdir DESCRIPTION
The ftpconfig script is executed by the super user to set up anonymous FTP. Anonymous FTP allows users to remotely log on to the FTP server by specifying the user name ftp or anonymous and the user's email address as password. The anonymous users are logged on to the FTP Server and given access to a restricted file area with its own file system root. See chroot(2). The FTP area has its own minimal system files. This command will copy and set up all the components needed to operate an anonymous FTP server, including creating the ftp user account, creating device nodes, copying /usr/lib files, and copying timezone data. The passwd and group files set up have been stripped down to prevent malicious users from finding login names on the server. The anonymous file area will be placed under ftpdir. If the ftp user account already exists, then the current FTP area is used, and the system files in it are updated. All other files are left untouched. This command should be run to update the anonymous FTP area's configuration whenever a system patch is installed, or the system is upgraded. OPTIONS
-d Create a new or update an existing ftpdir without creating or updating the ftp user account. Use this option when creating guest FTP user accounts. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: ftpdir The absolute pathname of the directory under which the anonymous FTP area is set up. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion 1 Improper usage of the command 2 Command failed ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWftpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ftpaddhost(1M), in.ftpd(1M), useradd(1M), chroot(2), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 1 May 2003 ftpconfig(1M)