Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking /etc/hosts changes when ifconfig...... Post 302275972 by Lazydog on Monday 12th of January 2009 06:13:52 PM
Old 01-12-2009
Or you could simply change the permission on it to read only.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ifconfig

I am trying to change an IP address on a machine running HPUX10 After I change it I can ping it from the outside but it completely locks the console. After a reboot it returns back to its previous IP. Any ideas?? Thanks Brian (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: breigner
7 Replies

2. OS X (Apple)

ifconfig

Hi, I type (as root) "ifconfig en1 ether aa:aa: " but it doesnt change the mac of my airport. Can anyone help me? Thx. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jariya
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

hosts.allow & hosts.deny

Hi! Im trying to use host.allow & host.deny to resrtic access to my sun machine, but it doesnt seem to work... I want to allow full access from certain IPīs (ssh,http,ftp,etc...) but deny all kind of conections from outsideworld, the way that im doing that is: hosts.allow ALL:127.0.0.1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sorrento
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hosts.allow and hosts.deny

Hello everyone, This is my first posts and I did search for a questions but did not find a question that answered my question unless of course I overlooked it. I'm running Solaris 8. I use ssh for the users but I have a user called "chatterbox" that uses telnet but I need for chatterbox to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: huddlestonsnk
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

ifconfig!!!!

why the ifconfig command is not working in my machine? it says "-bash: ifconfig: command not found" why its says that? actually i m looking for "how can I know the Network Interface Card physical address?" Requesting u all for help. thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: moco
3 Replies

6. Solaris

ifconfig -a not working

Hi All, I logged into a sun microsystems server box, using both a vnc session and a ssh session. I am able to use "ifconfig -a" in a ssh session, but the same on a vnc session says that its a invalid command. how is this possible, when i am logging into the same box through two different... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pardhuhere
4 Replies

7. IP Networking

ifconfig modification

Hi all,,i have problem with my homework form my lecture.. He is give me a homework to create: ifconfig eth0 0.255.255.255 1.1.168.192 my lecture says, i can making the shell scripting to finish my homework.. i have question, can setting ifconfig like in the upper? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: demhyt
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ifconfig Flags

Hi there, I need your help in understanding the below Solaris 10 ifconfig output; athnetspns02>ifconfig -a lo0: flags=2001000849<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4,VIRTUAL> mtu 8232 index 1 inet 127.0.0.1 netmask ff000000 e1000g0:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wthomas
2 Replies

9. AIX

aix tcp wrappers hosts.allow hosts.deny?

hi all just installed the netsec.options.tcpwrapper from expansion pack, which used to be a rpm, for my aix 6.1 test box. it is so unpredictable. i set up the hosts.deny as suggested for all and allow the sshd for specific ip addresses/hostnames. the tcpdchk says the hosts allowed and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wf201626
0 Replies

10. Solaris

How to copy a tar file on a series of remote hosts and untar it on those hosts?

Am trying to copy a tar file onto a series of remote hosts and untar it at the destination. Need to do this without having to do multiple ssh. Actions to perform within a single ssh session via shell script - copy a file - untar at destination (remote host) OS : Linux RHEL6 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankasu
3 Replies
ACL_ADD_PERM(3) 					   BSD Library Functions Manual 					   ACL_ADD_PERM(3)

NAME
acl_add_perm -- add permissions to a permission set LIBRARY
Standard C Library (libc, -lc) SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/acl.h> int acl_add_perm(acl_permset_t permset_d, acl_perm_t perm); DESCRIPTION
The acl_add_perm() function is a POSIX.1e call that adds the permission contained in perm to the permission set permset_d. Note: it is not considered an error to attempt to add permissions that already exist in the permission set. For POSIX.1e ACLs, valid values are: ACL_EXECUTE Execute permission ACL_WRITE Write permission ACL_READ Read permission For NFSv4 ACLs, valid values are: ACL_READ_DATA Read permission ACL_LIST_DIRECTORY Same as ACL_READ_DATA ACL_WRITE_DATA Write permission, or permission to create files ACL_ADD_FILE Same as ACL_READ_DATA ACL_APPEND_DATA Permission to create directories. Ignored for files ACL_ADD_SUBDIRECTORY Same as ACL_APPEND_DATA ACL_READ_NAMED_ATTRS Ignored ACL_WRITE_NAMED_ATTRS Ignored ACL_EXECUTE Execute permission ACL_DELETE_CHILD Permission to delete files and subdirectories ACL_READ_ATTRIBUTES Permission to read basic attributes ACL_WRITE_ATTRIBUTES Permission to change basic attributes ACL_DELETE Permission to delete the object this ACL is placed on ACL_READ_ACL Permission to read ACL ACL_WRITE_ACL Permission to change the ACL and file mode ACL_SYNCHRONIZE Ignored Calling acl_add_perm() with perm equal to ACL_WRITE or ACL_READ brands the ACL as POSIX. Calling it with ACL_READ_DATA, ACL_LIST_DIRECTORY, ACL_WRITE_DATA, ACL_ADD_FILE, ACL_APPEND_DATA, ACL_ADD_SUBDIRECTORY, ACL_READ_NAMED_ATTRS, ACL_WRITE_NAMED_ATTRS, ACL_DELETE_CHILD, ACL_READ_ATTRIBUTES, ACL_WRITE_ATTRIBUTES, ACL_DELETE, ACL_READ_ACL, ACL_WRITE_ACL or ACL_SYNCHRONIZE brands the ACL as NFSv4. RETURN VALUES
The acl_add_perm() function returns the value 0 if successful; otherwise the value -1 is returned and the global variable errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
The acl_add_perm() function fails if: [EINVAL] Argument permset_d is not a valid descriptor for a permission set within an ACL entry. Argument perm does not contain a valid acl_perm_t value. ACL is already branded differently. SEE ALSO
acl(3), acl_clear_perms(3), acl_delete_perm(3), acl_get_brand_np(3), acl_get_permset(3), acl_set_permset(3), posix1e(3) STANDARDS
POSIX.1e is described in IEEE POSIX.1e draft 17. HISTORY
POSIX.1e support was introduced in FreeBSD 4.0. The acl_add_perm() function was added in FreeBSD 5.0. AUTHORS
The acl_add_perm() function was written by Chris D. Faulhaber <jedgar@fxp.org>. BSD
June 25, 2009 BSD