Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Lines Concatenated with awk
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Lines Concatenated with awk Post 302275967 by joeyg on Monday 12th of January 2009 05:37:38 PM
Old 01-12-2009
Hammer & Screwdriver can we see the EMAIL_BODY file?

best --

Code:
>cat $EMAIL_BODY | od -An -t dC -w10

which will show the file as created. Very interested to see if there are '10' characters and/or '13' characters, which are line-feed and carriage-return.

Could that perl script that is emailing also be involved in this oddity? Have you tried mailx or mutt for email?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Disksuite Raid 0 Concatenated Volume - booting from cdrom

Hello, If I boot up from install media in single user mode (Solaris 9 - if it matters), will I be able to mount a concatenated volume? I have combined several disks into one non-os filesystem and I want to be able to mount it while booted in single user mode from cdrom. i.e., mount... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: calmgreen
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting Concatenated Words With Largest Strings First

hello, I had posted earlier help for a script for splitting concatenated words . The script was supposed to read words from a master file and split concatenated words in the slave/input file. Thanks to the help I got, the following script which works very well was posted. It detects residues by... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
14 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getting non unique lines from concatenated files

Hi All, Is there a way to get NON unique lines from 2 or more concatenated files? Basically I have several files which are very similar with the exception of few lines and I want to find out which lines are different in each file. Very simple example is file1 contains: 1 2 3 4 5file2... (122 Replies)
Discussion started by: pawannoel
122 Replies

4. Solaris

Need to attach one slice with existing concatenated volume

Hi I need to add new slice to existing concatenated volume. Please let me know the process to do the same I have d0 concatenated volume which consist of c1t0d0s7 & c1t2d0s0 bash-3.00# df -h /export/home Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/md/dsk/d0 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Bash/Makefile] Concatenated string of filenames?

How would I go about storing a list of files in a sub-directory into a variable for argument passing? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ChazZeromus
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Summing over specific lines and replacing the lines with the sum using sed, awk

Hi friends, This is sed & awk type question. I have a text file which has numbers spread all over the file. I want to sum the series of numbers whenever i find it and produce an output file with the sum. For example ###start of input text file #### abc def ghi 1 2 3 4 kjld random... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaaliakahn
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print only lines where fields concatenated match strings

Hello everyone, Maybe somebody could help me with an awk script. I have this input (field separator is comma ","): 547894982,M|N|J,U|Q|P,98,101,0,1,1 234900027,M|N|J,U|Q|P,98,101,0,1,1 234900023,M|N|J,U|Q|P,98,54,3,1,1 234900028,M|H|J,S|Q|P,98,101,0,1,1 234900030,M|N|J,U|F|P,98,101,0,1,1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ophiuchus
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Look up 2 files and print the concatenated output

file 1 Sun Mar 17 00:01:33 2013 submit , Name="1234" Sun Mar 17 00:01:33 2013 submit , Name="1344" Sun Mar 17 00:01:33 2013 submit , Name="1124" .. .. .. .. Sun Mar 17 00:01:33 2013 submit , Name="8901" file 2 Sun Mar 17 00:02:47 2013 1234 execute SUCCEEDED Sun Mar 17... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: aravindj80
24 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk - (URGENT!) Print lines sort and move lines if match found

URGENT HELP IS NEEDED!! I am looking to move matching lines (01 - 07) from File1 and 77 tab the matching string from File2, to File3.txt. I am almost done but - Currently, script is not printing lines to File3.txt in order. - Also the matching lines are not moving out of File1.txt ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: High-T
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging multiple lines to columns with awk, while inserting commas for missing lines

Hello all, I have a large csv file where there are four types of rows I need to merge into one row per person, where there is a column for each possible code / type of row, even if that code/row isn't there for that person. In the csv, a person may be listed from one to four times... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: RalphNY
9 Replies
Locale::Currency(3perl) 				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				   Locale::Currency(3perl)

NAME
Locale::Currency - standard codes for currency identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Currency; $curr = code2currency('usd'); # $curr gets 'US Dollar' $code = currency2code('Euro'); # $code gets 'eur' @codes = all_currency_codes(); @names = all_currency_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Currency" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying currencies and funds, such as those defined in ISO 4217. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 4217 three-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying currencies. The ones currently supported are: alpha This is a set of three-letter (uppercase) codes from ISO 4217 such as EUR for Euro. Two of the codes specified by the standard (XTS which is reserved for testing purposes and XXX which is for transactions where no currency is involved) are omitted. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_CURR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. num This is the set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 4217. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_CURR_NUMERIC". ROUTINES
code2currency ( CODE [,CODESET] ) currency2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) currency_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_currency_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_currency_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::rename_currency ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::add_currency ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::delete_currency ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::add_currency_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Currency::delete_currency_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Currency::rename_currency_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::add_currency_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::delete_currency_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes Locale::Constants http://www.iso.org/iso/support/currency_codes_list-1.htm The ISO 4217 data. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001 Michael Hennecke Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2011 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2011-09-26 Locale::Currency(3perl)