Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Lines Concatenated with awk
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Lines Concatenated with awk Post 302275949 by Franklin52 on Monday 12th of January 2009 03:50:42 PM
Old 01-12-2009
You can add a CR with your awk command like this:

Code:
awk '{print $6" "$7" "$8" "$9" "$5 "\015"}'

Regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Disksuite Raid 0 Concatenated Volume - booting from cdrom

Hello, If I boot up from install media in single user mode (Solaris 9 - if it matters), will I be able to mount a concatenated volume? I have combined several disks into one non-os filesystem and I want to be able to mount it while booted in single user mode from cdrom. i.e., mount... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: calmgreen
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting Concatenated Words With Largest Strings First

hello, I had posted earlier help for a script for splitting concatenated words . The script was supposed to read words from a master file and split concatenated words in the slave/input file. Thanks to the help I got, the following script which works very well was posted. It detects residues by... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
14 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getting non unique lines from concatenated files

Hi All, Is there a way to get NON unique lines from 2 or more concatenated files? Basically I have several files which are very similar with the exception of few lines and I want to find out which lines are different in each file. Very simple example is file1 contains: 1 2 3 4 5file2... (122 Replies)
Discussion started by: pawannoel
122 Replies

4. Solaris

Need to attach one slice with existing concatenated volume

Hi I need to add new slice to existing concatenated volume. Please let me know the process to do the same I have d0 concatenated volume which consist of c1t0d0s7 & c1t2d0s0 bash-3.00# df -h /export/home Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/md/dsk/d0 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Bash/Makefile] Concatenated string of filenames?

How would I go about storing a list of files in a sub-directory into a variable for argument passing? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ChazZeromus
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Summing over specific lines and replacing the lines with the sum using sed, awk

Hi friends, This is sed & awk type question. I have a text file which has numbers spread all over the file. I want to sum the series of numbers whenever i find it and produce an output file with the sum. For example ###start of input text file #### abc def ghi 1 2 3 4 kjld random... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaaliakahn
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print only lines where fields concatenated match strings

Hello everyone, Maybe somebody could help me with an awk script. I have this input (field separator is comma ","): 547894982,M|N|J,U|Q|P,98,101,0,1,1 234900027,M|N|J,U|Q|P,98,101,0,1,1 234900023,M|N|J,U|Q|P,98,54,3,1,1 234900028,M|H|J,S|Q|P,98,101,0,1,1 234900030,M|N|J,U|F|P,98,101,0,1,1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ophiuchus
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Look up 2 files and print the concatenated output

file 1 Sun Mar 17 00:01:33 2013 submit , Name="1234" Sun Mar 17 00:01:33 2013 submit , Name="1344" Sun Mar 17 00:01:33 2013 submit , Name="1124" .. .. .. .. Sun Mar 17 00:01:33 2013 submit , Name="8901" file 2 Sun Mar 17 00:02:47 2013 1234 execute SUCCEEDED Sun Mar 17... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: aravindj80
24 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk - (URGENT!) Print lines sort and move lines if match found

URGENT HELP IS NEEDED!! I am looking to move matching lines (01 - 07) from File1 and 77 tab the matching string from File2, to File3.txt. I am almost done but - Currently, script is not printing lines to File3.txt in order. - Also the matching lines are not moving out of File1.txt ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: High-T
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging multiple lines to columns with awk, while inserting commas for missing lines

Hello all, I have a large csv file where there are four types of rows I need to merge into one row per person, where there is a column for each possible code / type of row, even if that code/row isn't there for that person. In the csv, a person may be listed from one to four times... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: RalphNY
9 Replies
APSFILTER-BUG(1)					    BSD General Commands Manual 					  APSFILTER-BUG(1)

NAME
apsfilter-bug -- create a half-automatic bug report for apsfilter SYNOPSIS
apsfilter-bug OPTIONS
none DESCRIPTION
With the apsfilter-bug script you can automatically create a bug report for apsfilter(1). A template report file is created which you can edit with your favourite editor ( emacs(1) by default, or whatever is entered in the environment variable EDITOR ). You will see a couple of lines starting with '#'; these lines will be removed before the report is sent. So if you want to use the '#' char- acter at the beginning of a line, just indent it with a space. A very important piece of the bug report is the debugging log created by aps2file(1), probably with a command like aps2file -D -o /dev/null [-P...] [-Z...] [input] 2> log.txt Unless you don't even have a chance to create a debugging log, it is crucial for serious bug hunting. After you have filled in as much (useful) information as possible, you must save the file under its original name, then exit your editor. If you invoked apsfilter-bug by accident, or if you need some additional system information to include into the bug report, just exit your editor without saving the file. NOTES
In addition to the stuff you've edited, some more information is appended to the bug report automatically: apsfilter version 7.2.6-stable ghostscript version (from 'gs --version') system id (from 'uname -a') configure options --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-awk=/usr/bin/awk --with-sendmail=/usr/sbin/sendmail shell executable /bin/bash awk executable /usr/bin/awk sendmail executable /usr/sbin/sendmail FILES
/usr/bin/aps2file script to create debugging output SEE ALSO
apsfilter(1), aps2file(1) BUGS
See apsfilter software center - http://www.apsfilter.org/ - for new versions, bugfixes and known bugs. Please use the new tool apsfilter-bug(1) to release bug- or problem reports. It automatically presents you a form in an editor window which asks you some standard questions. If you save and quit the editor session, then this report is sent automatically via e-mail to the proper apsfilter mailinglist. If apsfilter fails to print something or prints it in a way you wouldn't expect and you want to report an apsfilter error then please save the debugging output of one print session using the new aps2file(1) utility by typing aps2file -D -Z options file > /dev/null 2> file.debug and including the debugging output in the file file.debug into the edit session of the apsfilter-bug utility, so that it is included into the mail to the apsfilter mailinglist. Please note that you need to run /bin/sh (Bourne Shell), bash or a compatible shell, so that the above mentioned output redirection works. Under C-shell (/bin/csh) or tcsh it would't work. If you don't know, then simply make sure you use the Bournce shell by typing /bin/sh or bash, then you should have no problems with redirection of stdout and stderr (> /dev/null 2> file.debug). DOCUMENTATION
See official apsfilter homepage http://www.apsfilter.org/handbook.html Apsfilter Handbook including the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) USER FORUM
Please send questions to the official apsfilter help channel apsfilter-help@apsfilter.org. The above section BUGS and the file HOWTO-BUGREPORTS tells you how to report bugs. If you want to know how to troubleshoot your apsfilter installation, please read the manpage aps2file(1) and apsfilter-bug(1) as well as the Apsfilter Handbook carefully. HISTORY
The apsfilter-bug manpage has been written by Michael LoBin <phallobst@web.de> and first appeared in apsfilter V 7.1.0. BSD
Dec 26, 2001 BSD