Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Interpret sed and awk in the below command. Post 302275855 by vj8436 on Monday 12th of January 2009 10:34:32 AM
Old 01-12-2009
But sir!!!!!!

Still i get the same error.

output:

cat tempfile2 |sed 's/\(BUILD-3-.*-[0-9]\.[0-9]-\)\([0-9].*\.[0-9].*\.[0-9].*\)/\2/' | awk '{printf "%-8.8s %-23.23s %-30.30s %-50.50s\n", $1,$2,$3,substr($0,index($0,$4))}' > outfile2 2>/dev/null

mbsyst01:vj8436$cat outfile2
BUILD-3- DCR-14461 mpdwfxt?-?Jayashree Remove?Pef?Changes
BUILD-3- DCR-14463 sc4294 Change?the?getSBTCComponents?file?to?include?the?l
BUILD-3- DCR-14476 mpdwfxt?-?Jayashree Undoing?perf?changes

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What do you know about the Sed and Awk command??

I just need some information on what they can be use for and whatever else there is. anything you know, state here (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Sed or AWK command!!!

Hi, I need help with Sed or AWk command.i want to remove all the numerals from the file name.These files are stored within a text file and after the numerals are removed,i need to redirect its output to another new .txt file. Input: aa_1002985_952.xml aa_bb_032207.txt... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarsaravana_s
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed for this awk command

Hi what would be the sed equivalent of this awk command: awk '/$getsn/{getline;next}{print}' file It deletes the variable found and the next line after it in a file. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisher115
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk/sed Command : Parse parameter file / send the lines to the ksh export command

Sorry for the duplicate thread this one is similar to the one in https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/88132-awk-sed-script-read-values-parameter-files.html#post302255121 Since there were no responses on the parent thread since it got resolved partially i thought to open the new... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan_san
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Interpret the sed command.

Could you interpret the following sed and awk command for me? command: cat tempfile2 |sed "s/\(BUILD-3-.*-\.-\)\(.*\..*\..*\)/\2/" | awk '{printf "%-8.8s %-23.23s %-30.30s %-50.50s\n", $1,$2,$3,substr($0,index($0,$4))}' > outfile2 2>/dev/null input:(data in tempfile2)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vj8436
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED/AWK command

Hi All, I have a file which has following lines : - Deploy XXX application <server-address> - info <server-address> - Deploy XXX application <server-address> - info <server-address> - Deploy XXX application <server-address> - info <server-address> I want output like this way in... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhaskar_m
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How does Awk interpret $0!~

I know $0 is the entire file's contents (at least I think that is what it is!), but what exactly is: $0!~ This was a snippet from a larger line awk '$0!~/^$/ {print $0}' This deletes blank lines, but I want to know specifically the $0!~ part... I am guessing /^$/ is regex for blank line...... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: glev2005
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed and awk giving error ./sample.sh: line 13: sed: command not found

Hi, I am running a script sample.sh in bash environment .In the script i am using sed and awk commands which when executed individually from terminal they are getting executed normally but when i give these sed and awk commands in the script it is giving the below errors :- ./sample.sh: line... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: satishmallidi
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with sed/awk command

Dear ALL, I am still struggling with some basic sed operations. I want to change path in a file as shown below: case_OM = PV4Reader( FileName='/home/linuxUser/demoCases/s1/case/case.OM' ) to case_OM = PV4Reader( FileName='/home/linuxUser/demoCases/s2/case/case.OM' ) In this file there... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxUser_
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with sed/awk command

Hi All, This is my first thread. Hopefully you guys can help me out. I have a csv file, that provides access to managers to a tool. The file is loaded onto our server containing all the assc id's with a trailing comma. For ex: 182950, 123456, However, we receive a file that... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prateek Dubey
8 Replies
Moose::Cookbook::Extending::Debugging_BaseClassRole(3)	User Contributed Perl Documentation Moose::Cookbook::Extending::Debugging_BaseClassRole(3)

NAME
Moose::Cookbook::Extending::Debugging_BaseClassRole - Providing a role for the base object class VERSION
version 2.0604 SYNOPSIS
package MooseX::Debugging; use Moose::Exporter; Moose::Exporter->setup_import_methods( base_class_roles => ['MooseX::Debugging::Role::Object'], ); package MooseX::Debugging::Role::Object; use Moose::Role; sub BUILD {} after BUILD => sub { my $self = shift; warn "Made a new " . ( ref $self ) . " object "; }; DESCRIPTION
In this example, we provide a role for the base object class that adds some simple debugging output. Every time an object is created, it spits out a warning saying what type of object it was. Obviously, a real debugging role would do something more interesting, but this recipe is all about how we apply that role. In this case, with the combination of Moose::Exporter and Moose::Util::MetaRole, we ensure that when a module does "use MooseX::Debugging", it automatically gets the debugging role applied to its base object class. There are a few pieces of code worth looking at more closely. Moose::Exporter->setup_import_methods( base_class_roles => ['MooseX::Debugging::Role::Object'], ); This creates an "import" method in the "MooseX::Debugging" package. Since we are not actually exporting anything, we do not pass "setup_import_methods" any parameters related to exports, but we need to have an "import" method to ensure that our "init_meta" method is called. The "init_meta" is created by "setup_import_methods" for us, since we passed the "base_class_roles" parameter. The generated "init_meta" will in turn call Moose::Util::MetaRole::apply_base_class_roles. sub BUILD {} after BUILD => sub { ... }; Due to the way role composition currently works, if the class that a role is composed into contains a "BUILD" method, then that will override the "BUILD" method in any roles it composes, which is typically not what you want. Using a method modifier on "BUILD" avoids this issue, since method modifiers compose together rather than being overridden. Method modifiers require that a method exists in order to wrap, however, so we also provide a stub method to wrap if no "BUILD" method exists in the class. AUTHOR
Moose is maintained by the Moose Cabal, along with the help of many contributors. See "CABAL" in Moose and "CONTRIBUTORS" in Moose for details. COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2012 by Infinity Interactive, Inc.. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-09-19 Moose::Cookbook::Extending::Debugging_BaseClassRole(3)