Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Help determining what's blocking ports Post 302275643 by lasitha2005d on Sunday 11th of January 2009 06:58:25 PM
Old 01-11-2009
Hi

Definitely your Active Directory computer configurations should be checked. If the group policy prevents or any other systems such as ISA server is placed or any software firewall have been placed , you won't be able to connect to the internet. Start from the gateway and the DNS servers...And especially the internet server or the internet perimeter. May b a router...May be the gateway...Start from the internet gateway. And for campuses there has to be policy for internet usage...Try to scan a web site using nmap and check whether their is a block . It will do tracert too.Scan services also. Use latest version. Start from the smallest thing. The servers always have unique and dedicated IP s. So it will b easy when you have found the ip address assignment.
Smilie I think otheus sounds right.

Last edited by lasitha2005d; 01-11-2009 at 08:06 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

determining open ports

hi all 1) how to determine available ports in a box (solaris) do i have to go for a netstat on all the ports? 2) how to block a particular port for a particular type of connection. Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: matrixmadhan
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Determining file length

How can I determine what UNIX thinks the record size of any given file is?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jbrubaker
1 Replies

3. SCO

Blocking ports and reseting conections

Hi folks! We have SCO Open System V 5.0.5 here. When I type "netstat -n" I found a line mentioning a conection at the port 1025, as follows: tcp 0 0 quartzo.1025 200-203-8-90.csl.aas ESTABLISHED Here we use only conections thru ports 22,23 and 25. I would like to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Marcio Moraes
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Determining directory path

Hello, I have a script where I get the full directory path of the script being executed: BASE=$0 echo "BASE:" $BASE The output looks like this: BASE: /webapps/appsdev/ACURA/rlz/oses3.sh I'd like to truncate the shell name, leaving just the directory path. The directory path can be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cwalsek
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem determining file

I got the following code, it partially works. Can someone tell me why it partially doenst work? #!/bin/sh file=$1 if then echo "File is a directory" else echo "File is not a directory!" fi heres the output: philip@philip-laptop:~/Desktop$ sh exFive.sh test.java File is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: philmetz
4 Replies

6. Solaris

determining miniroot revision

Hi guys I have a bunch of x4100's x4140's etc with solaris 10 update4 running on them but I suspect that when a lot of these boxes were originally built, the jumpstart process used an update2 miniroot, now as far as i understand it, the miniroot used at jumpstart is the miniroot that stays on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Blocking outgoing connection to ports/host in solaris

Hi, I want to block all outgoing connection ( the IMAP ) to my exchnage . I have to do it in my solaris server; from solaris host no outgoing connection can be made to the imap server. Please help me to configure that. I am new in solaris. Kind regards, Akhtar (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: akhtarbd
2 Replies

8. Programming

determining the IP of a function

Is there a way to determine the "Instruction Pointer" of a function in c++, and if so can someone tell me? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: neur0n
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Determining Disk Speed

Hi, I went to a computer store and the salesman sold me a SATA cable and told me that all SATA cables are the same. Another salesman at a different store told me a cable rated for SATA 2, which I bought, MIGHT work as well as one rate for SATA 3 but it is not guaranteed. I decided to run a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
3 Replies

10. Programming

Which are blocking and non-blocking api's in sockets in C ?

among the below socket programming api's, please let me know which are blocking and non-blocking. socket accept bind listen write read close (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: VSSajjan
2 Replies
wwwoffled(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      wwwoffled(8)

NAME
wwwoffled - A proxy server for the World Wide Web Offline Explorer. SYNOPSIS
wwwoffled [-h|--help] [--version] [-c <config-file>] [-d [<log-level>]] [-l <log-file>] [-f] [-p] DESCRIPTION
wwwoffled is a proxy HTTP server for the World Wide Web Offline Explorer program. Using a standard web browser with the HTTP proxy set to the wwwoffled server, web pages can be requested while not connected to the internet. When the computer is connected to the internet, the server will fetch the web pages requested by the browser and also store them in the cache. When the computer is not connected, browsing of the pages in the cache is still possible, and links can be followed. This causes the request for the page to be stored by the proxy server until a later time when the computer is connected and the pages are fetched non- interactively. Pages that are requested from a server on the same host (localhost) are not cached, and are always fetched fresh from the server. There is a welcome page at the URL http://localhost:8080/ that contains some information about the program and links to the cache index, interactive refresh page, interactive control page and WWWOFFLE internet home page. The pages that are stored in the cache can be indexed by using the URL http://localhost:8080/index/ to get a list of the hosts that have cached pages. The index allows sorting of the pages into time or alphabetical order, by following links from this page. There is also indexes available showing the pages that have been modified in the last week, those fetched last time online and those requests that are waiting to be fetched next time online. The functions available from the wwwoffle(1) program for fetching URLs are also available in the interactive refresh page at http://local- host:8080/refresh/. The functions available from the wwwoffle(1) program for controlling the wwwoffled program are also available in the interactive control page at http://localhost:8080/control/. OPTIONS
-h | --help A help message is printed giving a brief description of the usage of the program. --version The version number of the program is printed. -c <config-file> The configuration for the program is stored in a configuration file wwwoffle.conf(5). This argument specifies to the program the name of that file. Sending a HUP signal to the daemon will cause this config file to be re-read. -d [<log-level>] Do not detach from the terminal when starting and report error messages on standard error. The log-level is a number from 0 (for no output on stderr) to 6 (for full debugging output on stderr). If this is not specified then the log-level in the config file is used. -l <log-file> Detach from the terminal but write to a log file what would have been written to stderr if the -d option had been used. Defaults to using a log level of 4, but using the -d option can change this (but it will still detach). Sending a HUP signal to the daemon will cause this log file to be closed and re-opened. -f Start the daemon in debugging mode (implies -d and overrides -l) and when the first HTTP request comes in handle it without creating a child process and then exit. -p Print the pid of the daemon process on stdout. This option is ignored if the -d or -f options are used. FILES
/etc/wwwoffle/wwwoffle.conf The wwwoffle.conf(5) configuration file. SEE ALSO
wwwoffle(1), wwwoffle.conf(5) AUTHOR
Andrew M. Bishop 1996,97,98,99,2000,01,02,03,04,05 (amb@gedanken.demon.co.uk) October 12, 2005 wwwoffled(8)