Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) Show operating system, current user & network Post 302275548 by tlarkin on Sunday 11th of January 2009 02:54:53 AM
Old 01-11-2009
you also may want to look into the system_profiler command

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Is Unix a Network operating system for Macintosh computers

I am in the process of reading up on and learning about linux,and as i read, i am seeing that it was built off of the unix system platform,and i also believe that it is used in the mac computer field,i would like to know if this is true, and if i should learn about the macintosh computer... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bill1263
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX Operating System

Hello Everyone, I'm new to this forum and Unix. I have a couple of questions and please, excuse my ignorance. I have a spare machine which is now running MS Windows 98 and I would like to format the disk and install the Unix operating system along with Oracle 8i and SQL Server. My... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: IronBear
13 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HP-UX system & Network Administration II.PDF

Dear all, I plan to take HP-UX cert. EXAM. But, I cannot find hp-ux system & network administration II.pdf file Do you know where can I download?? Do you have? can you send to me? Thank you! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hkpcman
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Operating System

Which is much more powerful as an operating system: 1. Windows 2000 2. Windows 98 3. Windows XP 4. Windows ME 5. Unix 6. Linux and why is it much more powerful than the other operating systems that i have mentioned. thanks for your info... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alecks1975
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Network Shell Script & Blade Logic & Network Security

I am going to take up a position in Data & Network Security. I would need to write network shell scripts doing the following task: Going to around 2000 servers and findout which groups has access to each servers and which ids are there in each group that has access. I need to implement... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Show all network info

Is there a command that display all network info. I'm looking for ip address, subnet mask, gateway, and dns. If there isn't a single command could someone please write me a shellscript that can do this? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Best Operating System

Hello All, I want to install Linux on my machine, so please tell me one thing which is the best to install- 1.)Red Hat 2.)Cent OS 3.)Red Hat 4.)Ubuntu 5.)Fedora except that if there is any please tell me. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: parthmittal2007
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

What's my Operating System

Can we know the operating given the IP address or DNS of the host. All I have is file://myserver/myapp (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
4 Replies

9. UNIX and Linux Applications

Pick Operating System

Anyone know anything about "Advanced Plus Operating Environment". Preferably release 10 Revision 522Gcd probably dated 2003. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgt
4 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)