Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users translating device to filesystem in solaris10 Post 302275489 by jim mcnamara on Saturday 10th of January 2009 05:48:13 PM
Old 01-10-2009
Does /etc/vfstab not help? All filesystems are there and /etc/mnttab lists all of the mounted devices.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

device to filesystem?

On a HP-UX box, I can execute the sar command which will give me the device, %busy, etc. I would like to know how to take a given device name and determine on which filesystem it's located when I do a bdf. I've done some searching through the posts but so far have not had any luck in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimedwards
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Translating/Replacing characters in a file

Hi, i have a given file named hugo.dat. In this file there are several lines that contain characters like } and ~ Now, i need a script that replaces the character } to ü and character ~ to ß Can anyone help for a working ksh script? Kind Regards FranzB (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: FranzB
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Translating the same file

I want to strip off '\032' character from a file using: tr -d '\032' < oldfile > newfile this outputs the contents of oldfile to newfile, but I wanna do that in the same file i.e. remove the \032 character from the old file. I tried: tr -d '\032' < oldfile > oldfile But the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gagan8877
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

translating physical/virtual addresses

Hi all, I am new to Linux kernel/user space programming having been an assembly programmer in my previous life. I am now using 2.6.x kernel on an embedded CPU that has a few dedicated hardware blocks (including more CPU running just C-code, i.e., no operating system). There is a single DRAM... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: agaurav
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help translating this to shell

Hello Im new here, I just got my first VPS and I really need help converting this .bat to shell script so i can run my program. @echo off @title DiamondMS v117 set CLASSPATH=.;dist\* java -client -Dnet.sf.odinms.wzpath=wz server.Start pause I have no idea what im doing to convert this... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: valleric
12 Replies

6. Debian

Device error 71, won't mount root filesystem

I have a Debian OpenBox that boots from any usb port. The Debian LXDE will only boot from one specific port. It needs to look at all of them to find and be root, and mount the root filesystem by UUID. Both are full installs to 16GB flash drives. That is not being done. It says during boot... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick013
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Translating script to perl

awk/shell: UWARNING=90 UCRITICAL=97 PXNAME=$(echo $line | awk -F, '{print $1}') SVNAME=$(echo $line | awk -F, '{print $2}') FRUPERCENT=$(echo $line | awk -F, '{print ($5 / $7) * 100}') ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
6 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 10 swap device and filesystem

Hi all, Q1) Due to application requirement, i am required to have more swap space. Currently my swap is on a partition with 32GB. I have another partition with 100GB, but it already has a UFS filesystem on it. Can i just swap -d /dev/dsk/current32gb and swap -a /dev/dsk/ufs100gb ? Will... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
17 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Portable way of translating epoch time

echo $(date +%s) | awk '{ print strftime("%c", $2"-"$3"-"$NF"/"$4); }' The above command only seems to work on newer versions of awk or systems with gawk installed. how can i translate the epoch time into a human readable format using a portable method? also, date -d@$epochtime does not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
3 Replies
quotaon(1M)                                               System Administration Commands                                               quotaon(1M)

NAME
quotaon, quotaoff - turn ufs file system quotas on and off SYNOPSIS
quotaon [-v] filesystem... quotaon -a [-v] quotaoff [-v] filesystem... quotaoff -a [-v] DESCRIPTION
quotaon turns on disk quotas for one or more ufs file systems. Before a file system may have quotas enabled, a file named quotas, owned by root, must exist in the root directory of the file system. See edquota(1M) for details on how to modify the contents of this file. quotaoff turns off disk quotas for one or more ufs file systems. The file systems specified must already be mounted. These commands update the mntopts field of the appropriate entries in /etc/mnttab to indicate when quotas are on or off for each file sys- tem. If quotas are on, the string quota will be added to mntopts; if quotas are off, the quota string is not present. filesystem must be either the mount point of a file system, or the block device on which the file system resides. OPTIONS
quotaon -a This option is normally used at boot time to enable quotas. It applies only to those file systems in /etc/vfstab which have ``rq'' in the mntopts field, are currently mounted ``rw'', and have a quotas file in the root directory. -v Display a message for each file system after quotas are turned on. quotaoff -a Force all file systems in /etc/mnttab to have their quotas disabled. -v Display a message for each file system affected. USAGE
See largefile(5) for the description of the behavior of quotaon and quotaoff when encountering files greater than or equal to 2 Gbyte ( 2 **31 bytes). FILES
/etc/mnttab mounted file systems /etc/vfstab list of default parameters for each file system ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
edquota(1M), quota(1M), quotacheck(1M), repquota(1M), mnttab(4), vfstab(4), attributes(5), largefile(5), quotactl(7I) SunOS 5.10 16 Sep 1996 quotaon(1M)