Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: identify specific pattern
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting identify specific pattern Post 302275066 by melanie_pfefer on Friday 9th of January 2009 05:31:23 AM
Old 01-09-2009
identify specific pattern

hello

I want to create a folder under all partitions that are : /hostname1 /hostname2.....

how to exclude /hostname (i.e start directly with /hostname1)

thank you

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Identify specific processes from different Machine

Hi, i;m getting a hard time on how to have this kind of script. 1. ssh on another machine and check if a specific process is running and notify in there is a problem. SOS!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tungaw2004
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

To identify filename in which having match PATTERN

Hi, Any idea to identify bunch of files( gz format) in which having match PATTERN wanted and print out those files ? :) Regards, (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: cedrichiu
14 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed : identify a pattern and append a word at the end of a line

Hello to all, On aix, I want to identify a term on a line in a file and then add a word at the end of the line identified. I do not want the word to be added when the line contains the symbol "#". I use the following command, but it deletes the term identified then adds the word. #sed... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dantares
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to identify the occurence of a pattern between a unique character?

hi, is it possible to find the number of occurences of a pattern between two paranthesis. for e.g i have a file as below. >>{ >>hi >>GoodMorning >>how are you? >>} >>is it good, >>tell me yes, if it is good In the above file, its clear the occurence of word "Good"... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: divak
17 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Detect Specific Pattern and Print the Specific String after It?

I'm still beginner and maybe someone can help me. I have this input: the great warrior a, b, c and what i want to know is, with awk, how can i detect the string with 'warrior' string on it and print the a, b, and c seperately, become like this : Warrior Type a b c Im still very... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: radynaraya
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract specific line in an html file starting and ending with specific pattern to a text file

Hi This is my first post and I'm just a beginner. So please be nice to me. I have a couple of html files where a pattern beginning with "http://www.site.com" and ending with "/resource.dat" is present on every 241st line. How do I extract this to a new text file? I have tried sed -n 241,241p... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: dejavo
13 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Identify file pattern, take count of pattern, then act

Guys - Need your ideas on a section of code to finish something up. To make a long story short, I'm parsing a print output file that goes to pre-printed forms. I'm intercepting it, parsing it, formatting it, cutting it up into individual pages, grabbing the text I want in zones, building an... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ampsys
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl to identify specific runs in input and print only lines identified

In the perl one-liner below I am identifying the runs of 6a or 6A in each line starting with >. The code seems close but it prints each > line no matter if it has 6a or 6A in it. Only the line with the 6a or 6A needs to be printed. So using the input file, only the >hg19_refGene_NM_001918_3... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
10 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Regex to identify pattern

Hi In a file I have string in multiple lines. Like below: <?=test.getObjectName("L", "testTBL","D") ?> <?=test.getObjectName("L", "testTBL","testDB", "D") ?> I want to use regex to search for the pattern "<?=test.getObjectName...?>" If the parenthesis has 3 parameters then return 2nd... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dashing201
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract whole word preceding a specific character pattern with first occurence of the pattern

Hello. Here is a file contents : declare -Ax NEW_FORCE_IGNORE_ARRAY=(="§" ="§" ="§" ="§" ="§" .................. ="§"Here is a pattern =I want to extract 'NEW_FORCE_IGNORE_ARRAY' which is the whole word before the first occurrence of pattern '=' Is there a better solution than mine :... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
3 Replies
finger(1)							   User Commands							 finger(1)

NAME
finger - display information about local and remote users SYNOPSIS
finger [-bfhilmpqsw] [username...] finger [-l] [ username@hostname 1 [ @hostname 2 .. .@hostname n...]] finger [-l] [ @hostname 1 [ @hostname 2 .. .@hostname n...]] DESCRIPTION
By default, the finger command displays in multi-column format the following information about each logged-in user: o user name o user's full name o terminal name (prepended with a `*' (asterisk) if write-permission is denied) o idle time o login time o host name, if logged in remotely Idle time is in minutes if it is a single integer, in hours and minutes if a `:' (colon) is present, or in days and hours if a `d' is present. When one or more username arguments are given, more detailed information is given for each username specified, whether they are logged in or not. username must be that of a local user, and may be a first or last name, or an account name. Information is presented in multi-line format as follows: o the user name and the user's full name o the user's home directory and login shell o time the user logged in if currently logged in, or the time the user last logged in; and the terminal or host from which the user logged in o last time the user received mail, and the last time the user read mail o the first line of the $HOME/.project file, if it exists o the contents of the $HOME/.plan file, if it exists Note: when the comment (GECOS) field in /etc/passwd includes a comma, finger does not display the information following the comma. If the arguments username@hostname1[@hostname2...@hostnamen] or @hostname1[@hostname2...@hostnamen] are used, the request is sent first to hostnamen and forwarded through each hostnamen-1 to hostname1. The program uses the finger user information protocol (see RFC 1288) to query that remote host for information about the named user (if username is specified), or about each logged-in user. The information dis- played is server dependent. As required by RFC 1288, finger passes only printable, 7-bit ASCII data. This behavior may be modified by a system administrator by using the PASS option in /etc/default/finger. Specifying PASS=low allows all characters less than decimal 32 ASCII. Specifying PASS=high allows all characters greater than decimal 126 ASCII. PASS=low,high or PASS=high,low allows both characters less than 32 and greater than 126 to pass through. OPTIONS
The following options are supported, except that the username@hostname form supports only the -l option: -b Suppresses printing the user's home directory and shell in a long format printout. -f Suppresses printing the header that is normally printed in a non-long format printout. -h Suppresses printing of the .project file in a long format printout. -i Forces "idle" output format, which is similar to short format except that only the login name, terminal, login time, and idle time are printed. -l Forces long output format. -m Matches arguments only on user name (not first or last name). -p Suppresses printing of the .plan file in a long format printout. -q Forces quick output format, which is similar to short format except that only the login name, terminal, and login time are printed. -s Forces short output format. -w Suppresses printing the full name in a short format printout. FILES
$HOME/.plan user's plan $HOME/.project user's projects /etc/default/finger finger options file /etc/passwd password file /var/adm/lastlog time of last login /var/adm/utmpx accounting ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWrcmds | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
passwd(1), who(1), whois(1), passwd(4), attributes(5) Zimmerman, D., The Finger User Information Protocol, RFC 1288, Center for Discrete Mathematics and Theoretical Computer Science (DIMACS), Rutgers University, December 1991. NOTES
The finger user information protocol limits the options that may be used with the remote form of this command. SunOS 5.10 6 Nov 2000 finger(1)