Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to search a value from a xml Post 302275031 by Aditya.Gurgaon on Friday 9th of January 2009 02:30:03 AM
Old 01-09-2009
how to search a value from a xml

I have a file which has following content.

<drdata_export>
<drdata>
<tags>
<timestamp>1231420399:617026000</timestamp>
<from_ip_address>67.178.40.168</from_ip_address>
<to_ip_address>76.96.6.6</to_ip_address>
<cause_code>502</cause_code>
<protocol_type>2001</protocol_type>
<sip_from_tag>1_1103_f4755_5u06_CtkMB7E42B</sip_from_tag>
<sip_from_display_name>RUFF LINDA</sip_from_display_name>
<sip_to_tag>aprqngfrt-1flif20000020</sip_to_tag>
<call_id>2030470795@CHCIILNQPS1AA.SSG.COMCAST.NET</call_id>
<request>INVITE</request>

actaully i want to extract the value 2001 which is next to <protocol_type> .

can any one please help me on this?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search for xml tags in a file

Hi, I need to search for a pattern like : <A:UserAttr Name="ACTIVITY_ID"> <A:Value>1111120</A:Value> </A:UserAttr> Let us the there is a dir /tmp that contains 5 xml file. each of them multiple above tags in the file. If found all the three line would be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tictactoe
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to search xml tags using unix shell

Hi All, Good day Here is my data: <Journal> <JournalCode>2</JournalCode> <JournalType>L</JournalType> <JournalEntry>SG</JournalEntry> <JournalAmount>-0.05</JournalAmount> </Journal> Problem: 1) I need to query the above tags in xml. Which is from the header <Journal>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lutinoman
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

search a word in a xml file and print the out put

hi , i m having a html file and this file looks like this <ssl> <name>PIA</name> <enabled>true</enabled> <listen-port>39370</listen-port> </ssl> <log> <name>PIA</name> </log> <execute-queue> <name>weblogic.kernel.Default</name> ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: becksram123
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for word in a xml file and replace it with something else

Hello Unix Users, I am very new to Unix so I am not sure how do I do the following. I need a script such that when I type the following in the command prompt > . scriptName.sh wordToBeReplaced DirectoryLocation will find the word someword located in a somefile.xml in DirectoryLocation... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: 5211171
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and replace in xml file using awk..

Hi All, I have xml file,i am tring to use awk to search pattern as: <Password>x</Password> and Replace with: <Password>y</Password> please any one can help to solve this using awk and awk only. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: islam2666
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Search in xml tags

I have a xml file like below. I want to search in <msg>, if found corresponding tag path needs to fetch. for eg: for the message 'RM1659 Boeing Exception Management' it should return /trunk/talend/source/SITA_SP7/Job_Designs/DeferredOutputs/SmartViewFiles/DO_Smartview.zip For message it can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: svenkatareddy
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need an efficient way to search for a tag in an xml file having millions of rows

Hi, I have an XML file with around 1 billion rows in it and i am trying to find the number of times a particular tag occurs in it. The solution i am using works but takes a lot of time (~1 hr) .Please help me with an efficient way to do this. Lets say the input file is <Root> ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sheel
13 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and replace the string with new word using xml tags

Hi All i need to replace the url1 inside <remote> tag in below xml in first instance and in the second instance with url2. any help appreciated <locations> <hudson.scm.SubversionSCM_-ModuleLocation> <remote>https://svn2015.com/svn/repos/internalshard</remote> ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: madankumar.t@hp
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I extract XML block around matching search string?

I want to extract XML block surrounding search string Ex: print XML block for string "myapp1-ear" surrounded by "<application> .. </application>" Input XML: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <deployment-request> <requestor> <first-name>kchinnam</first-name> ... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
16 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed search and replace after xml tag

Hi All, I'm new to sed. In following XML file <interface type='direct'> <mac address='52:54:00:86:ce:f6'/> <source dev='eno1' mode='bridge'/> <model type='virtio'/> <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x03' function='0x0'/> </interface> ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: varunrapelly
8 Replies
NETROM(4)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							 NETROM(4)

NAME
AF_NETROM - NET/ROM amateur packet radio protocol family DESCRIPTION
NET/ROM is a protocol used extensively by radio amateurs. The Linux NET/ROM protocol family permits access to these protocols via the stan- dard networking socket metaphor. The NET/ROM protocol layer only supports connected mode. IP traffic may be stacked on top of NET/ROM frames using a non-standard extension to the NET/ROM protocol. The only mode of operation is connected mode which is the mode used for a socket of type SOCK_SEQPACKET (stream sockets are not available in NET/ROM). This requires that the user ensures output data is suitably packetised, and that input data is read a packet at a time into a buffer of suitable size. NET/ROM addresses consist of 6 ascii characters and a number called the SSID. These are encoded into a sockaddr_ax25 structure which is provided to the relevant system calls. NET/ROM has some unusual properties. Notably in a multi-user system an AX.25 address is often associated with a user, and some users may not have such an association. a set of ioctl calls are provided to manage an association table. NET/ROM supports the following socket options for SOL_NETROM. NETROM_T1 is the T1 timer in 1/10ths of a second, NETROM_T2 is the T2 timer in 1/10ths of a second. NETROM_N2, the retry counter is also configurable. There is no 'infinite retry' option supported however. It is possible for an application to request that the NET/ROM layer return the NET/ROM header as well as the application data, this is done via the NETROM_HDRINCL socket option. SEE ALSO
call(1), socket(2), setsockopt(2), getsockopt(2), nrbroadcast(5), nrports(5), netromd(8), noderest(8), nodesave(8), nrparms(8). AUTHOR
Jonathan Naylor G4KLX <g4klx@g4klx.demon.co.uk> Linux 25 July 1996 NETROM(4)