Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting help:Reading width separated data Post 302274982 by lornen81 on Thursday 8th of January 2009 10:29:40 PM
Old 01-08-2009
Hi,

Thanks for your help Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using loop reading a file,retrieving data from data base.

Hi All, I am having trouble through, I am reading the input from tab delimited file containing several records, e.g. line1 field1 field2 field3 so on.. line2 field1 field2 field3 so on.. .. .. on the basis of certain fields for each record in input file, I have to retrieve... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sonu4lov
1 Replies

2. Programming

reading reading data from webpage

hi iam reading data from web page using request socket and curl socket. now my problem is some the web page containg data as a image so how can i read the data from a image. thank,inadvance. sree (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phani_sree
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading comma separated variable into other variables in shell script

Hi, In shell script, I have a variable var = xyz, inn, day, night, calif ....n and I would like to read them in to var1 = xzy, var2 = inn, var3= day, var4 = night....var. probably in a loop. I would like to read the variables until end of the line. Comma is the delimiter and there's no comma at... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: suryaemlinux
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading comma separated data and reorder

hey guys! i need to read data from a file that are comma separated then reorder them in another file to be generated for example: x,y,z a,b,c l,m,n o,p,q and transform this into: x,a,l,o y,b,m,p z,c,n,q Will appreciate your fast reply Regards! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: maiooi90
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ignore Header and Footer and Sort the data in fixed width file

Hi Experts, I want to Sort the data in fixed width file where i have Header and Footer also in file. I m using below commad to do the sort based on field satarting from 15 position to 17 position , but it is not ignoring the Header and Footer of the file while sorting. In the output i am... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sasikari
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting variable space width data into CSV data in bash

Hi All, I was wondering how I can convert each line in an input file where fields are separated by variable width spaces into a CSV file. Below is the scenario what I am looking for. My Input data in inputfile.txt 19 15657 15685 Sr2dReader 107.88 105.51... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vharsha
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading Words separated by comma in line

Hi All, I am facing issue, to read words in line, line as follow and i want to read word at each comma 1,you,are,two So i want read like 1 you are two Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sujit_kashyap
1 Replies

8. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

How to sum up data in fixed width file with decimal point?

HI Everyone, I have below source file AAA|NAME1|ADDRESS1|300.20 BBB|NAME2|ADDRESS2|400.31 CCC|NAME3|ADDRESS3|300.34 I have requirement where I need to sum up fourth field in above fixed width pipe delimited flat file. When I use below code, it gives me value 1001.00 But I am expecting... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: patricjemmy6
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk issue splitting a fixed-width file containing line feed in data

Hi Forum. I have the following script that splits a large fixed-width file into smaller multiple fixed-width files based on input segment type. The main command in the script is: awk -v search_col_pos=$search_col_pos -v search_str_len=$search_str_len -v segment_type="$segment_type"... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchang
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX put comma separated data on its own line

In Linux you can do this to put comma separated data on its own line like this. sed 's/ */&\n/g' /tmp/ports sed 's/ */\n/g' /tmp/ports How do you do this in AIX? It is not working. Is there another way to do this? Something like this. 1, 2, 3, 4 To look like this. 1 2 3 4 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
4 Replies
MYSQL_DB_QUERY(3)							 1							 MYSQL_DB_QUERY(3)

mysql_db_query - Selects a database and executes a query on it

SYNOPSIS
Warning This function was deprecated in PHP 5.3.0, and will be removed in the future, along with the entirety of the original MySQL exten- sion. Instead, the MySQLi or PDO_MySQL extension should be used. See also MySQL: choosing an API guide and related FAQ for more information. Alternatives to this function include: omysqli_select_db(3) then the query o PDO::__construct resource mysql_db_query (string $database, string $query, [resource $link_identifier = NULL]) DESCRIPTION
mysql_db_query(3) selects a database, and executes a query on it. o $database - The name of the database that will be selected. o $query - The MySQL query. Data inside the query should be properly escaped. o $ link_identifier -The MySQL connection. If the link identifier is not specified, the last link opened by mysql_connect(3) is assumed. If no such link is found, it will try to create one as if mysql_connect(3) was called with no arguments. If no connection is found or established, an E_WARNING level error is generated. Returns a positive MySQL result resource to the query result, or FALSE on error. The function also returns TRUE/ FALSE for INSERT/ UPDATE/ DELETE queries to indicate success/failure. +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 5.3.0 | | | | | | | This function now throws an E_DEPRECATED notice. | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ Example #1 mysql_db_query(3) alternative example <?php if (!$link = mysql_connect('mysql_host', 'mysql_user', 'mysql_password')) { echo 'Could not connect to mysql'; exit; } if (!mysql_select_db('mysql_dbname', $link)) { echo 'Could not select database'; exit; } $sql = 'SELECT foo FROM bar WHERE id = 42'; $result = mysql_query($sql, $link); if (!$result) { echo "DB Error, could not query the database "; echo 'MySQL Error: ' . mysql_error(); exit; } while ($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($result)) { echo $row['foo']; } mysql_free_result($result); ?> Note Be aware that this function does NOT switch back to the database you were connected before. In other words, you can't use this function to temporarily run a sql query on another database, you would have to manually switch back. Users are strongly encouraged to use the database.table syntax in their sql queries or mysql_select_db(3) instead of this function. mysql_query(3), mysql_select_db(3). PHP Documentation Group MYSQL_DB_QUERY(3)