Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to call a .bat file using KSH Post 302274923 by bhagya2340 on Thursday 8th of January 2009 04:46:57 PM
Old 01-08-2009
I am sorry i dint understand what your question is...

Thanks!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

possibility to call subprocesses from ksh ??

Hi!! Is there a possibility to call/start a subproces using ksh ?? Hope that there is somebody to help me. thanks in advance. Corine (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheBlueLady
3 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

converting ksh scripts--.bat in window's

hi evry one , I did some ksh scripts for file editing in AIX 5.2 ver, issue is while I was trying to run these scripts in windows box as batch files windows is not recognising the awk part of the ksh script,as it is GNU environment, so any one who can help me will be appreciated. this is the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 2.5lt V8
3 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

one question for .bat file

Hi! I'm very sorry for such simple and silly question but I cannot answer it by myself. Can you please help me? In .bat file I should run the C program which is in other directory, and the input configuration file is in this directory too. This dir name is in dirRun variable. The... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anta
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not getting the out value parameter of a DB call in the ksh file

Hi all Im calling a DB procedure as foll sqlplus -s $DB_USERID/$DB_PASSWD@$DB_NAME<<eof var var1 VARCHAR2(200); exec ODAS_BATCH_JOBS_RETRIEVE.retrieve_user_info(:var1); eof echo $var1 This echo is giving a blank. Also in case the package ODAS_BATCH_JOBS_RETRIEVE is in an un compiled... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sam123
2 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Can rsh command be used to call a bat file

I have a .bat file on windows, which converts a .xls file into .csv file and using a ksh script i would usually FTP this .csv file... Now i want to trigger this .bat form my ksh script. can i use rsh command in my FTP to run .bat file on windows and then ftp the generated .csv file...is... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhagya2340
19 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple bat file

Hi guys, I need a *.bat to run a ksh file in the shell on Windows NT...nothing more :) How do I do it? I tried with the following but it failed: set INFORMIXDIR=D:\user-applications\informix set PATH=%INFORMIXDIR%;%PATH% D:\user-applications\MKS\mksnt\sh.exe C:\hk_9.2\C3_weekly_auto.ksh... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dird
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP. Oracle Call from ksh script

I have searched the forums and couldn't find my specific issue so I figure that I would post on it. I am trying to run a simple sql script that spools to a flat file from a unix script. I have tried to make the call outright from inside of the ksh script as such: sqlplus... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: BkontheShell718
3 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Executing .bat file

Hi , I have a bat file on windows machine ,I need to excute it from my local unix machine using sambe utility.Is there any comman to execute the .bat file remotely. Using samba utility i can post files to and fro from windows to unix but i don't comman to exute the .bat file. can any one... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raamc
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with bat file!!!

I need to put/get files from Windows machine to Unix machine and vice-versa. I wrote a text file "ftp1.txt" as below. naga naga06 cd /root/Naga prom off get time.unl bye I wrote another bat file "ftp.bat" as below. ftp -n -s:C:\Users\Naga\Desktop\ftp1.txt IP_ADDRESS but... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Naga06
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not able to call an element from an array in ksh

Hi, I have: # Initialize variables #!/usr/bin/ksh FILENM=$1 INDEX=0 # read filename echo "You are working with the Config file: $FILENM" while read line do echo $line data=$line ((INDEX=INDEX+1)) done <"$FILENM" (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Marc G
3 Replies
suspend(1)                                                         User Commands                                                        suspend(1)

NAME
suspend - shell built-in function to halt the current shell SYNOPSIS
sh suspend csh suspend ksh suspend DESCRIPTION
sh Stops the execution of the current shell (but not if it is the login shell). csh Stop the shell in its tracks, much as if it had been sent a stop signal with ^Z. This is most often used to stop shells started by su. ksh Stops the execution of the current shell (but not if it is the login shell). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
csh(1), kill(1), ksh(1), sh(1), su(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 1994 suspend(1)