Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Gnuplot shell script controlled animation Post 302274920 by darius2 on Thursday 8th of January 2009 04:43:12 PM
Old 01-08-2009
Gnuplot shell script controlled animation

Hi,

I am looking for basic shell script to feed Gnuplot with live data, to arrange basic animation.
I mean one-liner one variable real function.

Any idea or experiences from the past, generating Gnuplot animation on dumb terminal (ASCII only) ?
Or please refer me to a nice web site.

Darius

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

3d animation

What are the benefits to using UNIX for 3d animation. I am looking into the field, and most places require a strong background in UNIX. Why is this? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aloysius1001
3 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

IDE controlled / RAID card issue Suse 9.2

I just built a new box to run Suse, and I guess I shoud have spent more time researching the HCL. Anyway, the Promise RAID card I have will not work, and I am unable to install the OS. The only other IDE devide in the box is a DVDOM. I can only think of 2 options, but would appreciate some... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 98_1LE
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

script animation

I have read hundreds of the postings and cannot find the answer to my question...so I hope that someone is able to answer it for me. I am writing a script in bash, and would like to add animation. I have a gif file that I would like to open and have displayed on the screen. Can this be done? Of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: debit
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script Animation

Hi, I want to write a shell script which can do some animation The animation is as follows it is like a progress barwhich hould gone on inresing with time & at the end of the line there should be the progess Eg == - 10%... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wojtyla
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Controlled For Loop

I have a for loop and i pass in number of times i want to loop as argument to script. I have attached a snippet of my script. Problem is this does not work, if I manually replace the $NO_OF_LOOPS with a number in the script it works fine. NO_OF_LOOPS=$1 for i in {0..$NO_OF_LOOPS} ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kelseyh
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing gnuplot variables to shell script

Hi, I need to pass a gnuplot value to a shell script. I have a main shell script (Main.sh) that has a bunch of gnuplot commands. Main.sh calls another gnuplot script (Child.gnu). A part of the code in Child.gnu is as follows: sp '</data/src/scripts/results/plot_data.sh $col' u (A):2:3 w pm3d... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: annazpereira
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using variables in gnuplot within a shell script

Hi everybody, please help me with this problem Suppose I have a script like this to run commands of gnuplot. #!/bin/sh lib=$1 old="output/old/$lib.dat" new="output/new/$lib.dat" gnuplot << EOF set logscale x set logscale y set size square set grid set pointsize 1 plot "< paste $old... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dark2Bright
5 Replies

8. Solaris

In cluster configuration ora* VGs are not controlled by VCS

Need some one to explain "In cluster configuration ora* VGs are not controlled by VCS". Actually, I am not aware of this. Thanks, Rama (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramareddi16
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass shell variable to gnuplot

Hi I am plotting a series of CDFs using gnuplot using plot "data" u 1:(1./x.) smooth cumulative I am doing this over many files and I need to tune the x value to the number of lines that meets a particular condition. Is it possible to get the line count from shell using cat file | grep... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamie_123
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Gnuplot script

Need assistance in getting a script right. It requires little tweaking and I am not getting it right . Using below data and the below script it creates a table with png file but regarding the time it create 6,7,8 and i want each time 6:15 ,6:30 and so on So that i can view the exact graph... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram_arya
3 Replies
AAFLIP(1)						      General Commands Manual							 AAFLIP(1)

NAME
aaflip - An ASCII art video player SYNOPSIS
aaflip [-abcfv] [-n number] [-s delay] DESCRIPTION
aaflip is an ASCII art video player which supports the fli and flc formats. fli files are limited to a resolution of 320x200 pixel, while flc files can have any resolution. The default method of playing is to load the first frame of the animation sequence and display it. After this the remainder of the file is loaded into memory, and the animation starts. The animation ends when q or ctrl-c is pressed. OPTIONS
-a Remove frames from memory after processing. Using this option leaves more memory for other processes, but relies on the buffer cache for continuous animation. -b Process frames immediately as they are loaded. When using this option the animation frames are shown as soon as the player has read them, so you don't have to wait until the entire file has been read. The disadvantage is that the animation becomes jumpy if the speed set by the animation is higher than the speed of loading. -c Keep the screen black while loading the animation. This conflicts with option -b, which can give interesting results. -f Switch off clock synchronization. Animation will run as fast as possible. -v Show information on flic file. -n number Play the animation sequence number times. -s delay Set delay between frames to delay milliseconds. Option -s 0 is the same as -f. BUGS
Please report any bugs you find to Jan Hubicka <hubicka@freesoft.cz>. LICENSE
aaflip is covered by the GNU General Public License (GPL). HISTORY
aaflip is based on the FLI Player written by John Remyn <boogyman@xs4all.hacktic.nl>. SEE ALSO
aafire(1), aainfo(1), aasavefont(1), aatest(1), aview(1), asciiview(1), aa3d(1), aatv(1), bb(1), xaos(6). AUTHOR
Jan Hubicka <hubicka@freesoft.cz> This manual page was written by Edward Betts <edward@debian.org> and Aaron Lehmann <aaronl@vitelus.com>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). December 17, 2001 AAFLIP(1)