Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting working with other programs in perl Post 302274872 by Decoy on Thursday 8th of January 2009 01:41:05 PM
Old 01-08-2009
Thanks guys

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl call C programs

Hi, I am a beginner in Perl programming. Now i need to call a C program from a perl program ...Can any one please help me and give any details how i can do this. Thanks and Regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gjithin
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Are programs like sys_open( ) ,sys_read( ) et al examples of system level programs ?

Are the programs written on schedulers ,thread library , process management, memory management, et al called systems programs ? How are they different from the programs that implement functions like open() , printf() , scanf() , read() .. they have a prefix sys_open, sys_close, sys_read etc , right... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vishwamitra
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running programs in perl

I am trying to run a program called GMT using perl. Cannot make to run. I have tried using exec("date"); as a test but when I use exec($try); nothing happens. #!/usr/bin/perl print "$#ARGV\n"; if ($#ARGV != 3) { print "usage: jcdplot.perl\n"; exit; } $h = $ARGV;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kristinu
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

\K in perl not working

Hi All, I have just started learning perl and was working on my one-liners tips and tricks. Instead of using the below command : perl -lape 's/(^From:).*/$1 Nelson Elhage <nelhage\@ksplice.com>/' i tried using the \k command using the below command but it gave no results: perl -lape... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kunwar
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl if else if loop not working

I am trying to work with a text file which has following format and trying ti run if elseif loop but fails. Any help is appreciated 289B ship N-grp 123 289C ship N-grp 123 289D ship N-grp 123 2CE1 flight N-grp 123 2CE2 flight N-grp 123 2CE3 flight N-grp 123 2CE4 flight N-grp 123 2DAF... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dynamax
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

IF-THEN-ELSE in PERL not working

Guys, i was trying a simple if-then-else statement in perl; but not getting any success in that. can you please help, where i am wrong. I tried $diff variable with double quotes as well, but no go. $region = $ARGV; $diff = $ARGV; if ; then ($date) = split(' ', `ssh -xC $san cat... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdosanjh
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove duplicates, tried several programs not working

Hi all I tried to remove duplicates using all code mentione dbelow but its not wroking it's seems busy please check it sort -u filename.txt perl -lne 'chomp; if(!defined $x{$_}){$x{$_}=1;print}' inputfile out of attached files log file(input) log2file(output) (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: manigrover
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Elsif not working in perl

have issue where my elsif is always failing. Basically i have a file with sets of 2 lines, the 1st line that containing "ipwr" and the 2nd line containing a value or "unknown". if the 2nd line contains a value then i want to print the pair of lines. open (INFO, "temp.txt") or die; ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnny921
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between inbuilt suid programs and user defined root suid programs under bash shell?

Hey guys, Suppose i run passwd via bash shell. It is a suid program, which temporarily runs as root(owner) and modifies the user entries. However, when i write a C file and give 4755 permission and root ownership to the 'a.out' file , it doesn't run as root in bash shell. I verified this by... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: syncmaster
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Net::IP not working

Experts - I have a snippet of code I can't figure out. I was hoping someone could help me here. I have a file of IPv6 address that I need to format correct. Example in: 2620:0:2d0:200::7 2620:0:2d0:200:a0:c 2620:0a:3f0:200:a0:c I need to convert them to:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: timj123
3 Replies
SMRSH(8)						      System Manager's Manual							  SMRSH(8)

NAME
smrsh - restricted shell for sendmail SYNOPSIS
smrsh -c command DESCRIPTION
The smrsh program is intended as a replacement for sh for use in the ``prog'' mailer in sendmail(8) configuration files. It sharply limits the commands that can be run using the ``|program'' syntax of sendmail in order to improve the over all security of your system. Briefly, even if a ``bad guy'' can get sendmail to run a program without going through an alias or forward file, smrsh limits the set of programs that he or she can execute. Briefly, smrsh limits programs to be in a single directory, by default /etc/smrsh, allowing the system administrator to choose the set of acceptable commands, and to the shell builtin commands ``exec'', ``exit'', and ``echo''. It also rejects any commands with the characters ``', `<', `>', `;', `$', `(', `)', ` ' (carriage return), or ` ' (newline) on the command line to prevent ``end run'' attacks. It allows ``||'' and ``&&'' to enable commands like: ``"|exec /usr/local/bin/filter || exit 75"'' Initial pathnames on programs are stripped, so forwarding to ``/usr/ucb/vacation'', ``/usr/bin/vacation'', ``/home/server/mydir/bin/vaca- tion'', and ``vacation'' all actually forward to ``/etc/smrsh/vacation''. System administrators should be conservative about populating the /etc/smrsh directory. For example, a reasonable additions is vaca- tion(1), and the like. No matter how brow-beaten you may be, never include any shell or shell-like program (such as perl(1)) in the /etc/smrsh directory. Note that this does not restrict the use of shell or perl scripts in the sm.bin directory (using the ``#!'' syntax); it simply disallows execution of arbitrary programs. Also, including mail filtering programs such as procmail(1) is a very bad idea. procmail(1) allows users to run arbitrary programs in their procmailrc(5). FILES
/etc/smrsh - directory for restricted programs SEE ALSO
sendmail(8) $Date: 2004/08/06 03:55:35 $ SMRSH(8)