Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problem in Downloading one day old files from FTP site Post 302274824 by shekhar_v4 on Thursday 8th of January 2009 12:49:21 PM
Old 01-08-2009
Problem in Downloading one day old files from FTP site

HI,

I'm downloading one day old files from ftp site.

Below is my script
----------------------------

printf "open $HOST \n" > ftp.cmd
printf "user $USER $PASSWD\n" >> ftp.cmd
printf "bin\n" >> ftp.cmd
#printf "cd /Models/\n" >> ftp.cmd
printf "prompt\n" >> ftp.cmd
printf "for oldfile in $(find . -type f -mtime -1)\n" >> ftp.cmd
printf "do\n" >> ftp.cmd
printf "echo $oldfile\n" >> ftp.cmd
printf "get -i $oldfile\n" >> ftp.cmd
printf "done\n" >> ftp.cmd
printf "bye\n" >> ftp.cmd
ftp -n < ftp.cmd
rm *.cmd

-------------------------------------

But for oldfile in (find . -type f -mtime -1) its giving message like

We only support non-print format, sorry.

Can you please help me.

Regards,
Shekhar

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pulling a list of files from FTP site in a shell script

Hi, I am writting a shell script which will pull a list files (mentioned in one file 1.txt) from external FTP site (for ex: ftp://abcd.efghijk.com/). The 1.txt is in my local unix directory. I have username and password to connect the external FTP site. Also before I pull the files, I need... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: spatra
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

script for download files from ftp site

I'm new to scripting. I'm trying to write a script to download files from ftp site, the following is the script and the message i get after running the script. no files were downloaded :( Thanks advance! script: #!/usr/bin/ksh DAY=`date --date="-1 days" +%y%m%d` ftp -v -n "ftp.address" <<... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tiff-matt
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Download previous day files through FTP

Hi All, I have a scenario where I need to download the previous day modified files from other server to my server through FTP . Could any one please send me the shell script for the same. I used the following but I dont know how to proceed after this. ftp -n -i -v $IP <<ENDOFinPUT >>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarathchandrach
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script - ftp downloading serveral files without mget

Hello guys, i'm searching for a solution how to download all files from root-directory of an ftp-server through an ftp proxy getting through the ftp proxy and download one file with get ist no problem, but mget * does nothing! ftp -n -i -v <<EOF open proxyHost proxyPort user... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: macProgger23
19 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect - get, then move files within FTP site?

Trying to do the following, and it looks like Expect is probably my best bet. Any help greatly appreciated 1) Log onto ftp site 2) Go to folder 3) GET all files matching basename*.txt 4) MOVE those files to a subfolder on the ftp site. I don't need to move it on MY computer, I want to move... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbourgon
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Downloading FTP Files

Hi every one, I have the requirement to download the files from FTP and move those files to unix box. Once after coping the files, i need to remove the files in FTP. I'm a newbie in Unix script. Can you please suggest a script for this.. Thanks in advance.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Murali4u
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Batch downloading images from a site.

So there is a forum thread (with 100+ pages)where people have posted images, which on a 3rd party site like imgur or imageshack. I'm trying to download all those images. I tried wget -r -l1 --no-parent -nH -nd -P/tmp -A".gif,.jpg" LINK but this doesn't download it. Does anything know a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Howkisl
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

current day remote files from FTP

Hi All, I have to work on a korn shell script to pick up only the current day files dropped on the remote server (using ftp). The file do not have daytimestamp on it. It has to be based on server time (AIX) The file naming convention is "test_file.txt" When I log in into the ftp account... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: pavan_test
15 Replies

9. SCO

FTP problem with site exec command

Hello dear Users, I am for the first time in this forum. I come from Germany. Please excuse my bad englisch. My OS is SCO open Server Release 5. I have a problem whith FTP and the command "site exec" if I use the command "ftp> site chmod 777 /tmp/startkpf.sc 200 CHMOD command successful. ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: fla5do
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

To merge files on FTP site before getting them

I have a job that connects to FTP site, rename, get, delete a file and then process it. The renaming is done in consideration of this is one file name into which data is being accumulated many times within 24 hour cycle. This is what happens now: ftp -i $FTPHOST <<-EOF ren... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: migurus
3 Replies
TRACE-CMD-LISTEN(1)													       TRACE-CMD-LISTEN(1)

NAME
trace-cmd-listen - listen for incoming connection to record tracing. SYNOPSIS
trace-cmd listen -p port [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
The trace-cmd(1) listen sets up a port to listen to waiting for connections from other hosts that run trace-cmd-record(1) with the -N option. When a connection is made, and the remote host sends data, it will create a file called trace.HOST:PORT.dat. Where HOST is the name of the remote host, and PORT is the port that the remote host used to connect with. OPTIONS
-p port This option will specify the port to listen to. -D This options causes trace-cmd listen to go into a daemon mode and run in the background. -d dir This option specifies a directory to write the data files into. -o filename This option overrides the default trace in the trace.HOST:PORT.dat that is created when a remote host connects. -l filename This option writes the output messages to a log file instead of standard output. SEE ALSO
trace-cmd(1), trace-cmd-record(1), trace-cmd-report(1), trace-cmd-start(1), trace-cmd-stop(1), trace-cmd-extract(1), trace-cmd-reset(1), trace-cmd-split(1), trace-cmd-list(1) AUTHOR
Written by Steven Rostedt, <rostedt@goodmis.org[1]> RESOURCES
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/rostedt/trace-cmd.git COPYING
Copyright (C) 2010 Red Hat, Inc. Free use of this software is granted under the terms of the GNU Public License (GPL). NOTES
1. rostedt@goodmis.org mailto:rostedt@goodmis.org 06/11/2014 TRACE-CMD-LISTEN(1)