Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat "SCRYPT" command in RED HAT 9 Post 302273980 by nsharath on Tuesday 6th of January 2009 10:50:58 AM
Old 01-06-2009
Bug gpg doubts

Hello,
I have used gpg as per your reply..It is working perfectly fine.I am able to encrypt and decrypt files.For directories,I had to convert them into ".tar" format and then use this gpg.Is this the only solution or is there any other command which can encrypt both files and directories ?

I did go through the man page of "gpg".Can you please tell me what other options of gpg can be used generally.....

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using "sed" to update RECURSIVELY a value within a directory in a Red Hat Machine

Hi All, I spent the whole morning trying to create a shell script ( using "sed" command ) that looks for a value in a directory and its sub directory than changes it with another value but couldn't find the way :( a first step, allowded me to trace all the files that contain it and even... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mehdi1973
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command Character size limit in the "sh" and "bourne" shell

Hi!!.. I would like to know what is maximum character size for a command in the "sh" or "bourne" shell? Thanks in advance.. Roshan. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Roshan1286
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Command Character size limit in the "sh" and "bourne" shell

Hi!!.. I would like to know what is maximum character size for a command in the "sh" or "bourne" shell? Thanks in advance.. Roshan. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Roshan1286
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

"ERROR : failed to mount nfs source" Red Hat Kickstart

Hi There, I have been googling for this error and try solution provided but still not avail to resolve Kickstart Issue. Any expert have encounter this problem? Thanks. Regards, Regmaster (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: regmaster
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to know if i use "Red Hat Enterprise Linux" or "Red Hat Desktop" ?

how to know if i use "Red Hat Enterprise Linux" or "Red Hat Desktop" ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedamer12
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies
GPG-MAILKEYS(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   GPG-MAILKEYS(1)

NAME
gpg-mailkeys - sends emails containing keys to their owners SYNOPSIS
gpg-mailkeys id... DESCRIPTION
gpg-mailkeys sends the owners of the keys listed on the command line a mail each, containing their public key. After signing, you can use this tool to send everyone the new signatures they just got. If you're interested in encrypting the signature before it's sent, in order to verify that the associated address actually belongs to the key owner, you should check out caff OPTIONS
None ENVIRONMENT
NAME Set the name to use when sending messages EMAIL Set the email address to use when sending messages SUBJECT Set the subject of the messages you send TEXT Set the body text of the messages SENDMAIL_ARGS Set arguments to pass to /usr/sbin/sendmail. This can be useful to set credentials in order to authenticate to an smtp server when using ssmtp for example. FILES
The behavior of gpg-mailkeys can be updated through some files available in the user home directory. Thus, ~/.gpg-mailkeysrc allows the user to overwrite the default value for the above environment variables, and any text in ~/.signature will be appended to the end of the body text of the message. SEE ALSO
gpg(1),caff(1) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Simon Richter <sjr@debian.org>. Nov 23, 2010 GPG-MAILKEYS(1)