Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting converting from reliant 2 solaris Post 302273609 by abdulaziz on Monday 5th of January 2009 10:02:24 AM
Old 01-05-2009
any post...? Smilie

anyone?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problems with "cp" (reliant unix 5.43)

Hi, I've got a problem with the copy - command (reliant unix 5.43). It appears to me rather difficult to copy large amount of data. A command like "cp *.jpg" is simply refused. Does anybody know something about such a kind of restriction? Something like ... only 256 files could be copied at... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sysadv
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Problems with migration from Reliant Unix to Solaris

:confused: Hello folks, my company had decided to migrate from Reliant Unix to Solaris. We have an amount of sources that have to be changed a little, because these UNIX'es are slightly different. Is there a tool (hopefully free), which can do this job? Does anyone know the exactly differences, I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MS-No
2 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Disk Mirrors in Reliant Unix - Problem?

Hi Folks, This one has me a bit confused. I have a large system running Reliant 5.45 with an EMC 3930 disk array fibre attached. As part of our requirement I implemented host level mirroring in addition to the BCV functionality provided by the 3930. When the mirrors are split and the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gull04
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Reliant Unix and Disk Mirrors

Hi Folks, This is already posted on Disk & Memory, will post under expert incase there is someone here who has seen this before. This one has me a bit confused. I have a large system running Reliant 5.45 with an EMC 3930 disk array fibre attached. As part of our requirement I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gull04
0 Replies

5. SCO

Converting

I use Sco_Sv 3.2v5.0.5 with parellel conection using dump terminals and i want to convert them to desktop pc. Anybody knows what hardware and other thing that would be involved? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: seeyou
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP on Reliant UNIX - script problem

Hello... I have script that works perfect on solaris but on Reliant UNIX sometimes it does not work ...I send files to my Xp(from Reliant UNIX) but if I try to send it to my solaris machine file can not be send... script is: #!/bin/ksh localFile=$1 remoteFile=$2 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: amon
0 Replies

7. Solaris

converting midi to wav in solaris 10

how can i convert midi to wave in solaris 10 i have found timidity but it lack of documentation. is there any other suggestion? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: conandor
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Converting HP-UX awk to Solaris

Hi, I am using awk in HP-UX to enter an encrypted entry of the password into /etc/passwd with success, this is the command I am using and it is working great. cat /tmp/passwd.gal.before|awk -F: -v gal_passwd="encrypted_password" '{OFS=":" ; print $1,gal_passwd,$3,$4,$5,$6,$7}' >... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: galuzan
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting from Linux bash (GNU) to Solaris script syntax errors

Original script written on CentOS 6.3 with GNU bash 4.1.2 Destination system is Solaris 9 with GNU bash 2.05 (not changeable by me) I have a script written on the linux side but now we need to provide a version to another site that "doesn't like linux". I've been going through changing the ] or... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: oly_r
13 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help in converting

I have Excel file with the below three columns, i need your expertise in converting this to .csv file delimiter "|" Excel - Serial Number Serial Name Serial Brand 111 test sample 123 test2 sample1 134 ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiran_hp
9 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)