Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: system() command
Top Forums Programming system() command Post 302273594 by nicos on Monday 5th of January 2009 09:04:17 AM
Old 01-05-2009
thanx

thanx a lot everybody for the help!!!SmilieSmilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

using system cp command in C program

Hi i used the following code to copy a directory from a source location to dest. argv contains the source loc i/p by the user. strcpy(source,argv); strcpy(dest,"/home/MainServer/Job_dir/"); system("cp -r $source $dest"); it complies properly but during execution of the program it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mridula
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl - system command

Can this be done without using te system command? I have a directory with a large number of files in it, but I am interested in only the 8 most recent. The directory looks like -rw-rw-rw- 1 adsm adsm 13412 Sep 22 08:31 events_dump_09222005.csv.gz -rw-rw-rw- 1 adsm adsm ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: reggiej
5 Replies

3. Programming

system command

Hi In my code am openeing a mozilla in Solaris with some url using sytem(url) this is working fine for most of the urls but for url of type- www.abc.com?action=p&a=23 it is passing only www.abc.com?action=p to the browser & thus the url is not opening properly. Why is system command... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimishm
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help w/PERL system command

Hi, I'm wanting to run an nslookup, dig or whatever to check for the existence of a printer. The PERL script will display the results on the screen, but I can't figure out how to capture the result & test the value. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated!!! Thank You (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lorik
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

system command within awk

I was trying commands within awk. i got stuck here. i take 2 files. cat input first second third fourth fifth sixth seventh eighth ninht tenthcat add *************** Nirbhay ***************i run the command awk '{ if ( NR == 5 ) { print system("cat add") "\n" $0 } else {... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nirbhay
4 Replies

6. AIX

printing system with the command lp -d

Hello.. Plz, Any one can help me ? when I execute a printing system with the command lp -d<name of printer>, no result with all printers. I have verified the three processes : qdaemon, lpd, writesrv (No problem). thank's (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: okbainf
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

System command

Hello All, I am trying to run this system command from batch file..... my @filename = ( 'cleartool', 'find', '. -type', 'f', '-ver','lbtype_sub(baseline name)', '-print' ); system(@filename); But while executing the batch it is throwing this error: cleartool: Error: Pathname not found:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suvenduperl
1 Replies

8. Programming

Question about system command in C

The man system says During execution of the command, SIGCHLD will be blocked, and SIGINT and SIGQUIT will be ignored. What does this mean? And if i am making a function that does what system does how do i write this signal stuff? (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: omega666
19 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

System Command dies even when command gets executed successfully

Hi I have created a perl script & running it using Linux machine. I want my script to die when system command is unsuccessful but script is dying even when system command gets executed successfully. :wall: I am using the command below :- system($cmd) || die "FAILED $!"; print "Hello"; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priyanka Gupta
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with system command

Hi, I have a file 'acct_07756734.dat' and need to do some grep operation from a script grep 'usage' acct_07756734.dat|wc -l 8 I need to do the same operation in aperl script,its is like system(grep 'usage' acct_07756734.dat|wc -l); in this case I wont be getting the value '8',instead success... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkrish
4 Replies
roarvio(7)						System Manager's Manual: RoarAuido						roarvio(7)

NAME
libroar - RoarAudio sound library roarvio - RoarAudio virtual IO layer SYNOPSIS
#include <roaraudio.h> struct roar_vio_calls; DESCRIPTION
The RoarAudio VIO interface is RoarAudio's IO abstraction layer. It provides basic IO functions such as read and write independing on the underlaying IO. For Example can you open a plain or a gziped file via the VIO layer. After a successful open both objects behave the same, libroar takes care about the compression in the gzip case. TUTORIALS
Tutorials can be found in roartutvio(7). IMPORTANT FUNCTIONS
There are several important functions. This is a small list of the most important ones. Opening roar_vio_open_file(3), roar_vio_open_fh(3), roar_vio_open_stdio(3), roar_vio_open_dstr(3), roar_vio_open_proto(3). While there are a lot functions important for opening files the most important one is roar_vio_open_dstr(3). It opens a stream based on URLs that can point to local files or files on remote machines. It also can handle compression and encryption. Closing roar_vio_close(3), roar_vio_shutdown(3) Reading and writing roar_vio_read(3), roar_vio_write(3) Seeking and positioning roar_vio_lseek(3) Non-Blocking and Asyncron IO roar_vio_nonblock(3), roar_vio_sync(3), roar_vio_select(3) Networking and Sockets roar_vio_accept(3) String handling roar_vio_printf(3) BUGS
A lot... SEE ALSO
roar-config(1), roartypes(1), roartutvio(7), RoarAudio(7). RoarAudio May 2011 roarvio(7)