Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Porting C++ 32-bit code on 64-bit Solaris Post 302273511 by pludi on Monday 5th of January 2009 02:14:51 AM
Old 01-05-2009
That's probably because you're passing len1 by-value instead of by-reference. I'm guessing you rather want fun(l), instead of fun(len1).

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

copying or concatinating string from 1st bit, leaving 0th bit

Hello, If i have 2 strings str1 and str2, i would like to copy/concatenate str2 to str1, from 1st bit leaving the 0th bit. How do i do it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jazz
2 Replies

2. AIX

porting an application on 64-bit AIX version 5

Hi all, I am facing problem in porting to 64 bit AIX especially with compiling options to compile and run under 64 bit kernel.Can any one put some light on the issue thanks in advance vishal (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishalzone2002
14 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 64-bit to 32-bit

I had previous implemented the following in my menu.lst to be able to get to 32-bit operations. # title Solaris 10 32-bit root (hd0,0,a) kernel /platform/i86pc/multiboot kernel/unix module /platform/i86pc/boot_archive </code> Now, it is not working as I get the following error : ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveenr
0 Replies

4. Red Hat

No Error for 64-bit porting

I am just trying to get the warning while compiling for 64-bit on Linux >> uname -a Linux mms4.es.cpth.ie 2.6.9-22.ELsmp #1 SMP Mon Sep 19 18:00:54 EDT 2005 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux =================================== Written test.c file which conatin : #include<stdio.h>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amit_27
1 Replies

5. SuSE

64 bit Porting Problem !!!

Dear All, I am trying to build my code (currently functioning on 32bit) on 64 bit SUSE machine. I am getting following error: warning: initializer element is not computable at load time dau.gss.c:275: error: initializer element is not constant dau.gss.c:275: error: (near initialization for... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: skaushal.schip
10 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris os 32 bit or 64 bit

:confused: how to find out wether my os is 32 bit or 64 bit. I am using Solaris 5.6. also i want to know the difference between 32 bit and 64bit os. any help will be much appreciated as i am in urgent need of this information (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: asalman.qazi
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to handle 64 bit arithmetic operation at 32 bit compiled perl interpreter?H

Hi, Here is the issue. From the program snippet I have Base: 0x1800000000, Size: 0x3FFE7FFFFFFFF which are of 40 and 56 bits. SO I used use bignum to do the math but summing them up I always failed having correct result. perl interpreter info, perl, v5.8.8 built for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrd1986
0 Replies
ATOMIC_DEC(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 					     ATOMIC_DEC(3)

NAME
atomic_dec, atomic_dec_32, atomic_dec_uint, atomic_dec_ulong, atomic_dec_ptr, atomic_dec_64, atomic_dec_32_nv, atomic_dec_uint_nv, atomic_dec_ulong_nv, atomic_dec_ptr_nv, atomic_dec_64_nv -- atomic decrement operations SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/atomic.h> void atomic_dec_32(volatile uint32_t *ptr); void atomic_dec_uint(volatile unsigned int *ptr); void atomic_dec_ulong(volatile unsigned long *ptr); void atomic_dec_ptr(volatile void *ptr); void atomic_dec_64(volatile uint64_t *ptr); uint32_t atomic_dec_32_nv(volatile uint32_t *ptr); unsigned int atomic_dec_uint_nv(volatile unsigned int *ptr); unsigned long atomic_dec_ulong_nv(volatile unsigned long *ptr); void * atomic_dec_ptr_nv(volatile void *ptr); uint64_t atomic_dec_64_nv(volatile uint64_t *ptr); DESCRIPTION
The atomic_dec family of functions decrement (by one) the variable referenced by ptr in an atomic fashion. The *_nv() variants of these functions return the new value. The 64-bit variants of these functions are available only on platforms that can support atomic 64-bit memory access. Applications can check for the availability of 64-bit atomic memory operations by testing if the pre-processor macro __HAVE_ATOMIC64_OPS is defined. SEE ALSO
atomic_ops(3) HISTORY
The atomic_dec functions first appeared in NetBSD 5.0. BSD
April 11, 2007 BSD