Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Get Count of all files in all the directories Post 302273424 by oniondosa on Sunday 4th of January 2009 04:50:55 PM
Old 01-04-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by pludi
Code:
find / -type f -name '*.*' -print | wc -l

or, if you want all files, regardless if they have an extension or not
Code:
find / -type f -print | wc -l

Thank you very much.. It helped immensely

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count Directories In bash

Hi ALL I have small script that find 777 dir now i want to count these directories,Keep in mind there are many directories. This IS my code below. #!/bin/bash check=/var/www/html find $check -type d -perm 777 | while read DIR do ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aliahsan81
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK Script - Count Files In Directories

Hey, I'm very new to AWK and am trying to write a script that counts the number of files in all subdirectories. So, basically, my root has many subdirectories, and each subdirectory has many files. How can I get the total count? I haven't been able to figure out how to loop through the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: beefeater267
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count of files in directories

Hi, I have a requirement to find out the count of files in directories. I can do this very well by goind to each directory and then ls -lrt | wc -l. But I need to do it for hundreds of directories/sub-directories. I tried with this - for i in `ls -F | grep '/$'`; do `echo "$i"`| ls -lrt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unx100
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

count no of directories

hi all, i want to count no of files and directories in current directory , seperately... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonu_pal
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Count of files and directories

Hi I have a jfs2 filesystem named /software in my aix 5.3 box. Please note that there are a lot of subdirectories under /software? I need to know the count of how many total files and directories are present under that mount point /software ? For example if by some commands we find that there... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: samsungsamsung
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to count number of files in directories

Hi All! I would like to have a script that will count the number of files at the top of the hour of soome directories and mail the results to me. I was thinking on : a=`/directory/subdirectory/ | wc -l` echo "/directory/subdirectory :$a" b=`/another_dir/subdir/ | wc -l` echo... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

List directories and count files inside

I'm trying to make a script that will list all directories under a selection as well as the number of files in each. I cannot get it to work under a symbolic link. The file structure is: XXX_20131127_001 dir01 (sym link) 2404x912 file.0000.xxx to ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: scribling
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count files between multiple directories

Hi All, Everyday we will receive 33 files in our source directory(/prd/pk) with the current date. Once our jobs are completed all the 33 files immediately will be moved to backup folder (/prd/pk/backup). Now, I need to check between source file directory (/prd/pdk) and backup file directory... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh_target
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error files count while coping files from source to destination locaton as well count success full

hi All, Any one answer my requirement. I have source location src_dir="/home/oracle/arun/IRMS-CM" My Target location dest_dir="/home/oracle/arun/LiveLink/IRMS-CM/$dc/$pc/$ct" my source text files check with below example.text file content $fn "\t" $dc "\t" $pc "\t" ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sravanreddy
3 Replies
DH_INSTALLDOCS(1)						     Debhelper							 DH_INSTALLDOCS(1)

NAME
dh_installdocs - install documentation into package build directories SYNOPSIS
dh_installdocs [debhelperoptions] [-A] [-Xitem] [file...] DESCRIPTION
dh_installdocs is a debhelper program that is responsible for installing documentation into usr/share/doc/package in package build directories. FILES
debian/package.docs List documentation files to be installed into package. debian/copyright The copyright file is installed into all packages, unless a more specific copyright file is available. debian/package.copyright debian/package.README.Debian debian/package.TODO Each of these files is automatically installed if present for a package. debian/README.Debian debian/TODO These files are installed into the first binary package listed in debian/control. Note that README.debian files are also installed as README.Debian, and TODO files will be installed as TODO.Debian in non-native packages. debian/package.doc-base Installed as doc-base control files. Note that the doc-id will be determined from the Document: entry in the doc-base control file in question. debian/package.doc-base.* If your package needs to register more than one document, you need multiple doc-base files, and can name them like this. OPTIONS
-A, --all Install all files specified by command line parameters in ALL packages acted on. -Xitem, --exclude=item Exclude files that contain item anywhere in their filename from being installed. Note that this includes doc-base files. --link-doc=package Make the documentation directory of all packages acted on be a symlink to the documentation directory of package. This has no effect when acting on package itself, or if the documentation directory to be created already exists when dh_installdocs is run. To comply with policy, package must be a binary package that comes from the same source package. debhelper will try to avoid installing files into linked documentation directories that would cause conflicts with the linked package. The -A option will have no effect on packages with linked documentation directories, and copyright, changelog, README.Debian, and TODO files will not be installed. (An older method to accomplish the same thing, which is still supported, is to make the documentation directory of a package be a dangling symlink, before calling dh_installdocs.) file ... Install these files as documentation into the first package acted on. (Or in all packages if -A is specified). EXAMPLES
This is an example of a debian/package.docs file: README TODO debian/notes-for-maintainers.txt docs/manual.txt docs/manual.pdf docs/manual-html/ NOTES
Note that dh_installdocs will happily copy entire directory hierarchies if you ask it to (similar to cp -a). If it is asked to install a directory, it will install the complete contents of the directory. Note that this command is not idempotent. dh_prep(1) should be called between invocations of this command. Otherwise, it may cause multiple instances of the same text to be added to maintainer scripts. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 8.9.0ubuntu2.1 2012-06-12 DH_INSTALLDOCS(1)