Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris SOLARIS 8 cdrom not being read Post 302273082 by computerguy_2 on Friday 2nd of January 2009 02:35:17 PM
Old 01-02-2009
SOLARIS 8 cdrom not being read

You guys are very smart (hooah)

Starting and stopping the vold process worked, now the cd reading is working great!

/etc/init.d/voldmgt stop & /etc/init.d/voldmgt start was the coding;

I liked that
# rm -R / cdrom
#mkdir / cdrom

Being a windows guy, I forget you can do that in UNIX, I can tell I'll be using this site alot.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

still cant get the solaris cdrom!!

ok here is what i do and get: # mount /dev/sd6a /cdrom mount /dev/sd6a write-protected ok so what do i do its a external cdrom and its on scsi number 6. its a SparcSTATION 2. we're trying to put red hat sparc 6.2 on it but it wont boot. i am about to take the hard drives out and install it a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: wixifer
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

burn cdrom with solaris

Hallo, who can help me to configure a scsi cd writer to my sun server enterprice 1000. 1. Hardware configuration 2. Burn program etc.. Please send me links or dokuments were i can get more infos about this theme. regards joerg (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: joerg
1 Replies

3. Solaris

mounting cdrom on Solaris 9

Here's some cmd output: bash-2.05# ls /dev/dsk/* /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0 /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s4 /dev/dsk/c0t1d0s0 /dev/dsk/c0t1d0s4 /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s1 /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s5 /dev/dsk/c0t1d0s1 /dev/dsk/c0t1d0s5 /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s2 /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s6 /dev/dsk/c0t1d0s2 /dev/dsk/c0t1d0s6 /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s3 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: AJA
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 10, CDROM issue!!!!

I have Sun Solaris 10 (x86 based). I installed Solaris through CDROMs by booting the system through CDs only. But now when I try to use the same CDROM, it ejects out CD after few seconds, the CDROM blinks as long as the CD is in. But it throws it out. I tried killing and restarting "VOLD". Also bye... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: stushar2000
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Can't read floppy and cdrom in single user mode

I am having trouble reading floppy and crom in single user mode. running volcheck doesn't do anything I am using Solaris -10 on Sun blade 150. Has anybody seen this problem .. or do I have to manually mount the cdrom ...and floppy ??? thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajnabi
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 10 on CDROM?

Hello, First i'm Dutch, and my English is not very well. Sorry. :D I have got a Sun Microsystems Ultra 3D (with SPARC processor). The file must be burned to a DVD. And my computer can onley read a cd. How to get Solaris 10 on a few cds? Please help me. Thanks a lot.. Greets. (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: TomW
21 Replies

7. Solaris

I/O error when mounting cdrom in Solaris 10

hi unix friends, has anyone faced this problem before ? i inserted my cd into my X1450 machine, it says I/O error. mount -F hsfs -o ro /dev/dsk/clt0d0s0 /cdrom mount: I/O error mount: cannot mount /dev/dsk/c1t0d0s0 what should i do ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Exposure
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 9 not recognizing CDROM drive

Hello, I've read many posts that offer tips on how to mount a CDROM but I haven't seen any on how to get the system to recognize the CDROM drive. I was transferring files from CDROM to the hard drive successfully. I entered the third CDROM and the system refused to automount it. I tried... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TrueSon
2 Replies

9. Solaris

dvd/cdrom missing after solaris 10 jumpstart

Hi everybody Having a strange problem on a x4270m2 Sun server. Jumpstarting it from dvd drive. After install the dvddrive does not exist. Be aware jumpstart is custommade bash-3.00# mount -F hsfs -o ro /dev/dsk/c1t4d0p0 /cdrom mount: No such device mount: cannot mount... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: stockhes
7 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris 10 missing /cdrom/cdrom0/

Good day everyone, I am trying to install some new senmail patch on my Solaris 10 system. I know the cdrom for my CP3260 blade servers in my rack worked for the last patches installed. However, when I went to copy from the .tar file from the cdrom to the /tmp. I received an error cannot... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cookiecrumbs
2 Replies
SDL_CDPlayTracks(3)						 SDL API Reference					       SDL_CDPlayTracks(3)

NAME
SDL_CDPlayTracks - Play the given CD track(s) SYNOPSIS
#include "SDL.h" int SDL_CDPlayTracks(SDL_CD *cdrom, int start_track, int start_frame, int ntracks, int nframes)); DESCRIPTION
SDL_CDPlayTracks plays the given CD starting at track start_track, for ntracks tracks. start_frame is the frame offset, from the beginning of the start_track, at which to start. nframes is the frame offset, from the beginning of the last track (start_track+ntracks), at which to end playing. SDL_CDPlayTracks should only be called after calling SDL_CDStatus to get track information about the CD. Note: Data tracks are ignored. RETURN VALUE
Returns 0, or -1 if there was an error. EXAMPLES
/* assuming cdrom is a previously opened device */ /* Play the entire CD */ if(CD_INDRIVE(SDL_CDStatus(cdrom))) SDL_CDPlayTracks(cdrom, 0, 0, 0, 0); /* Play the first track */ if(CD_INDRIVE(SDL_CDStatus(cdrom))) SDL_CDPlayTracks(cdrom, 0, 0, 1, 0); /* Play first 15 seconds of the 2nd track */ if(CD_INDRIVE(SDL_CDStatus(cdrom))) SDL_CDPlayTracks(cdrom, 1, 0, 0, CD_FPS*15); SEE ALSO
SDL_CDPlay, SDL_CDStatus, SDL_CD SDL
Tue 11 Sep 2001, 22:58 SDL_CDPlayTracks(3)