Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting problem in awk int() function Post 302272963 by qa.bingo on Friday 2nd of January 2009 03:26:38 AM
Old 01-02-2009
problem in awk int() function

awk -vwgt=$vWeight -vfac=$vFactor '
BEGIN {
printf("wgt:" wgt "\n");
printf("factor:" fac "\n");
total = sprintf("%.0f", wgt * fac);
total2 = sprintf("%.0f", int(wgt * fac));
printf("total:" total "\n");
printf("total2:" total2 "\n");
}
'
if
vWeight=326.4
vFactor=100

the result would be:
total:32640
total2:32639

Could anyone know how is 32639 calucated?

thanks!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

int open(const char *pathname, int flags, mode_t mode) doubt...

hello everybody! I want to create a file with permissions for read, write, and execute to everybody using C, so I write this code: #include <stdio.h> #include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/stat.h> #include <fcntl.h> int main(){ int fileDescriptor; fileDescriptor =... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: csnmgeek
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk , function call problem

#!/bin/bash awk ' function ad(t,r){ return (t+r); } BEGIN{ print ad(5,3); } { print ad(5,3); } ' Doesn't print anything for the last print ad(5,3); (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cola
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk problem: How to express the single quote(') by using awk print function

Actually I got a list of file end with *.txt I want to use the same command apply to all the *.txt Thus I try to find out the fastest way to write those same command in a script and then want to let them run automatics. For example: I got the file below: file1.txt file2.txt file3.txt... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AWK sub function curious problem under bash

I need to detect the number of pages in a print job when it is available so I can warn users when they try to print a report much larger than they expected. Sometimes they are trying to print 1000 page reports when they thought they were getting a 10 page report. Under linux I am scanning the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Max Rebo
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK Problem in recursive function

Hi, I have a file like this SPF_HC00001|iCalcular_Monto_Minimo|--->|SPF_HC00028|pstcObtener_Monto_Minimo SPF_HC00004|iCalcular_Incrementos|--->|SPF_HC00032|pstcObtener_Num_Incrementos SPF_HC00005|iCalcular_Articulo_167_Reformado|--->|SPF_HC00031|pstcObtener_Por_CB_Inc... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kcoder24
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk issue using int function

Hi, I am having issue with awk command . This command is running in the command prompt but inside a shell script. awk -F'| ' 'int($1)==$1 && int($3) ==$3' int_check.txt $cat int_check.txt 123|abc|123x 234|def|345 When i run it inside a shell script i am getting the error "bailing... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashwin3086
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem using function in awk

I created two functions that output two random variables. I want to output them in the output file. But it does not seem to work. # Function rgaussian1(r1, r2) # Gaussian random number generator function rgaussian1(r1, r2) { pi = 3.142 v1 = sqrt( -2 * log(rand()) ) v2... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
18 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl int function solved

Hello, I have the below perl function int to return the integer value from the expression but it is not. I am not sure if something misses out here. Any help on this? Thanks in advance. # Code sample Start my $size = int (`1134 sample_text_here`); print "$size \n"; # Code end ----------... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nmattam
0 Replies

9. Programming

Handle int listen(int sockfd, int backlog) in TCP

Hi, from the manual listen(2): listen for connections on socket - Linux man page It has a parameter called backlog and it limits the maximum length of queue of pending list. If I set backlog to 128, is it means no more than 128 packets can be handled by server? If I have three... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sehang
3 Replies

10. Programming

Function main returning int?

H friends, As we know, a function returns a value and that value is saved somwhere. like int Sum( int x, int y ) { return x + y; } Total = Sum( 10, 20 ); The value 30 is saved in variable Total. Now the question is, what int value does the function main return, and where is it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gabam
5 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +--------------------+-----------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Availability | SUNWgawk | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Interface Stability | Volatile | +--------------------+-----------------+ NOTES
Source for gawk is available on http://opensolaris.org. Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)