Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris command to view the haware detail Post 302272948 by pchangba1 on Friday 2nd of January 2009 01:20:48 AM
Old 01-02-2009
command to view the haware detail

I use command
#lscfg -v
in AIX system and it gives the detail of the hardware of the system.
what is the similar command to view the detail of the hardware of the system in SUN-Solaris

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

view page command?

Hi All, When I run a command on any shell, many times the output is longer than the screen can hold, so I only can see parts of the output. Is there a command that will show me page by page the results of each command? Thanks, Jared (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: JaredsNew
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

command to view ports being used

Is there a command that will show me all ports being used? I thought maybe the "lsof" command would show me, but I'm not seeing anything. Thanks, Jeff (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lawadm1
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Top command in detail

hi frnds when i run the top it wil give the following o/p i want to know what it indicate ....??? what is us,sy,ni,id,wa ,etc .....?? ------------------------------- o/p -------------------- Tasks: 551 total, 1 running, 550 sleeping, 0 stopped, 0 zombie Cpu(s): 6.0%us, 3.2%sy, ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: luckypower
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

View command was typed

Hello All, I Am A New Member To This Group. Could you show me how to view all command was typed the same Redhat. Every I type arrow up and down to show the command was type but nothing to see. I must type it again. it is very slow. Thanks hoavn (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hoavn
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to view folder subfolder and its capacity

Can any one tell how to view folder and subfolder with its capacity df -k will cannot be used it shows only the parent folder while du -k will show all subfolder and files but not show the capacity and also i dont want view any files Thank you!!!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shivu
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to view files in Directory

Hi, Can you help me in providing me a command to view all files present in a directory. Thanks a lot. -Vamsi (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: VamsiVasili
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to view files in Directory

Hi, Can u provide me the command to view files in a directory.Urgent Pls. -Vamsi (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: VamsiVasili
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can I view an 'at' command?

Hi, One of our users has loads of jobs scheduled. When I do at -l I get a long list of tasks which end in .a Is there anyway I can view what these commands will do? Also, What's the relationship between the 'at' function and the crontab? I can't see any entries in crontab....Cheers (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Grueben
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to view command in history for specific date

hi i want to find a command in history for specific date . is it possible that i can view ?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptor
1 Replies

10. SCO

Command to View Processor Usage

Hi everyone, i used to know the command to show current CPU usage but i cannot remember it. It was not "Top". Openserver 6. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Paulbas
4 Replies
aserver(1M)															       aserver(1M)

NAME
Aserver - start the audio server SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
The command starts the HP-UX Audio server, which can run on a system with audio hardware. See Audio(5) for information about which systems have audio hardware. The option forces the starting of the Audio server; this option is only needed if the Aserver has problems starting. The Audio Server Before using any audio tools such as the the system or X station must be running two audio server processes, called On a Series 700, the Remote Procedure Call daemon must also be running. Normally, the Aserver processes and start automatically when the system is booted. If problems occur on an ENTRIA or ENVIZEX X station, see the X station owner's manual. On a Series 700 Audio hardware, first check if is running. Type the following: If it is running, you see a line similar to the following. If it is not running, see HP 9000/DCE documentation for information on restarting it. If is running, verify that the Aserver is running. Type: If the Aserver is running you will see lines similar to the following, which indicate the presence of the two Aserver processes: If it is not running, become root and restart it as follows: If it fails to start, reissue the command with the option: Using Audio over the Network From a workstation, you can also use the Audio Editor and Control Panel over the network. However, the remote system is where the actual playback and recording occur. The local workstation (or audio client) can be any Series 700 system. The remote system (or audio server) can be a Series 700 or an X sta- tion with audio hardware and must have the Aserver processes running. If the server is a workstation, it must also allow access from remote clients (see asecure(1M)) and must have running. To make the system an audio client, set the variable by modifying the file as follows: Korn and POSIX Shells: C Shell: For system_name, identify the workstation or X Station running the Aserver. If the variable is not set, the Audio Library attempts to use to the Aserver on the system defined by the variable. If neither nor is set, the Aserver on the local machine is used. DEPENDENCIES
The Audio Server must run on a system that has audio hardware. Note that HP-UX for the 8MB 705 System does not include audio software. AUTHOR
The Audio Server was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
audio(5), asecure(1M), attributes(1), convert(1), send_sound(1). aserver(1M)