Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting gpsd, gpspipe NMEA sentences stream processing Post 302272907 by darius2 on Thursday 1st of January 2009 08:48:33 PM
Old 01-01-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by reborg
You're welcome.

Just for information, your posts didn't show up straight away it is because you posted links. If your first few posts contain links they have to be approved before they appear.

If you need help with more advanced awk programs, such as correlation or parsing of groupings of multiple NMEA sentences there are some very good awk programmers on this site who will be glad to help.
Ok.
I will try not to give web links in my posts to save your time Smilie
Another NMEA thread dealt with NMEA static file.
In my case, I succeeded to connect Bluetooth dongle to my server,
get it connected to Bluetooth GPS device and have gpsd, gpspipe
to read NMEA on-the-fly .
So awk examples gave me a hint how to select records with specified field and print results to stdout.

I would like to learn how basic gps software does work and what data gets from what NMEA sentences, fields, as for tests I need to write basic gps open source software, to discuss some features already known from
more advanced gps applications.

I don't expect to go to data graphical vizualization phase.
But would like to know how awk script can slow down postprocessed
data input. So have to open 2 awk terminal sessions in seperate windows to see how fast awk can process live data stream (pipeline), as in my case.

Darius

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk and NMEA strings

Hi all: I have a file with NMEA sentences of the type: $GPVTG,012.0,T,,M,00.0,N,,K*7D $GPRMC,180541,A,3631.874,N,00617.423,W,00.0,004.0,210608,,*36 $SDDBT,,f,,M,,F*28 $GPGLL,3631.874,N,00617.423,W,180542,A*3B $GPVTG,009.0,T,,M,00.0,N,,K*77 $GPVTG,019.0,T,,M,00.0,N,,K*76... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rleal
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Video stream] network stream recording with mplayer

Hi I used this command: mplayer http://host/axis-cgi/mjpg/video.cgi -user root -passwd root \ -cache 1024 -fps 25.0 -nosound -vc ffh264 \ -demuxer 3 -dumpstream -dumpfile output.avi It's ok but... Video Playing is very fast! Why? Is it a synch problem? What parameter I have to use for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: takeo.kikuta
1 Replies
Net::GPSD3::Return::DEVICE(3pm) 			User Contributed Perl Documentation			   Net::GPSD3::Return::DEVICE(3pm)

NAME
Net::GPSD3::Return::DEVICE - Net::GPSD3 Return DEVICE Object SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
Provides a Perl object interface to the DEVICE object returned by the GPSD daemon. METHODS
class Returns the object class string Returns the JSON string parent Return the parent Net::GPSD3 object device Name the device for which the control bits are being reported, or for which they are to be applied. This attribute may be omitted only when there is exactly one subscribed channel. driver GPSD's name for the device driver type. Won't be reported before gpsd has seen identifiable packets from the device. subtype Whatever version information the device returned. path native 0 means NMEA mode and 1 means alternate mode (binary if it has one, for SiRF and Evermore chipsets in particular). Attempting to set this mode on a non-GPS device will yield an error. activated Time the device was activated, or 0 if it is being closed. Note: I expect this to change to either a boolean or a timestamp in the 3.5 protocol. cycle Device cycle time in seconds. mincycle Device minimum cycle time in seconds. Reported from ?CONFIGDEV when (and only when) the rate is switchable. It is read-only and not settable. flags Bit vector of property flags. Currently defined flags are: describe packet types seen so far (GPS, RTCM2, RTCM3, AIS). Won't be reported if empty, e.g. before gpsd has seen identifiable packets from the device. bps Device speed in bits per second. parity N, O or E for no parity, odd, or even. stopbits Stop bits (1 or 2). BUGS
Log on RT and Send to gpsd-dev email list SUPPORT
DavisNetworks.com supports all Perl applications including this package. Try gpsd-dev email list AUTHOR
Michael R. Davis CPAN ID: MRDVT STOP, LLC domain=>michaelrdavis,tld=>com,account=>perl http://www.stopllc.com/ COPYRIGHT
This program is free software licensed under the... The BSD License The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. SEE ALSO
Net::GPSD3 perl v5.14.2 2011-11-09 Net::GPSD3::Return::DEVICE(3pm)