Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting regular expressions using perl script Post 302272837 by Sgiri1 on Thursday 1st of January 2009 08:40:57 AM
Old 01-01-2009
hey thanks...so this will handle the case sensitivity is it?
thank you.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl regular expressions...

I am writing script that will act like the 'comm' utility. My problem is when trying to read whether the user has entered -123 or -1 or -1...etc. I currently have: if(m/??/g){ print "Good.\n"; } So, this should check for all... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DrRo183
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Regular Expressions HELP - PERL

Hello, $line=USING (FILE '/TEST1/FILENAME'5000) I want to reterive the value between ' and ) which is 5000 here. i have tried out the following expressions ... Type 1 : $Var1=`sed -e 's/.*\' //' -e 's\).*$/' $line`; Type 2 : $Var1=`echo $line | awk -F"\'" '{print $2}' | awk -F"\\)"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maxmave
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular Expressions HELP - PERL

Hello, $line=USING (FILE '/TEST1/FILENAME'5000) I want to reterive the value between ' and ) which is 5000 here. i have tried out the following expressions ... Type 1 : $Var1=`sed -e 's/.*\' //' -e 's\).*$/' $line`; Type 2 : $Var1=`echo $line | awk -F"\'" '{print $2}' | awk -F"\\)"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxmave
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl regular expressions and field search

Hello guys/gals, i am sorry as this is probably very simply but i am slowly learning perl and need to convert some old korn shell scripts. I need to be able to search a file line by line but only match a string at particular location on that line, for example character 20-30. So my file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dynamox
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular expressions - Perl

Hello everybody, I am trying to connect from hp-ux to win 2003 using perl's Net::Telnet module. Seeing the examples in couple of web sites, I saw I have to declare a Prompt => Can somebody please tell me what my regular expression should be? The prompt after I log in is: ... login:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: whatever
1 Replies

6. Programming

Which language is best suited for regular expressions perl,python.ruby ?

Hello all, i am in a bit of dilema here. i dont know any thing about perl or python. only know a little bit of awk. now unable to take a decission as to which language to go for. my requirement is building a testing framework.suite which will execute ssytem comands remotely on unix... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: achak01
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular Expressions in K Shell Script

I need to write a K shell script to find full file names , line numbers and lines which have words meeting either of following 2 criterias - 1)words which are 6 to 8 character long and alphanumeric. 2)Minimum 8 characters, one upper case, one lower case letter, one of the special characters... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rajpreet1985
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - Regular Expressions - Match complete word only

Hi Team, I have two strings like: xxx|yyy|Arizona Cardinals| Tell Cardinals | Cardinals bbb|Bell Earn, Jr | Bell Earn | Jayhawks | hawks I have a lookup file which has a set of strings. These need to be removed from above two strings Lookup file Contents: Bell Earn, Jr hawks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: forums123456
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL Regular Expressions

im trying to extract some tags between and in a file..for eg..the file format is I want the and extracted from the file i.e the tags which is present b/w and I have the regex for extracting the tags from the whole file but how to specify my search within the and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajkrishna89
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular expressions in tcsh script

Hi, I have a shell script in tcsh to which I pass an argument, the length of which can vary. The possible values of the argument are the letters -c,s,i,q,a. and also a combination of these letters. (e.g: cs,si,ca,iq,qa,csq,acs,csia ..etc). The order of the letters does not matter. My problem... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vaisakh P
2 Replies
re_comp(3C)						   Standard C Library Functions 					       re_comp(3C)

NAME
re_comp, re_exec - compile and execute regular expressions SYNOPSIS
#include <re_comp.h> char *re_comp(const char *string); int re_exec(const char *string); DESCRIPTION
The re_comp() function converts a regular expression string (RE) into an internal form suitable for pattern matching. The re_exec() func- tion compares the string pointed to by the string argument with the last regular expression passed to re_comp(). If re_comp() is called with a null pointer argument, the current regular expression remains unchanged. Strings passed to both re_comp() and re_exec() must be terminated by a null byte, and may include NEWLINE characters. The re_comp() and re_exec() functions support simple regular expressions, which are defined on the regexp(5) manual page. The regular expressions of the form {m}, {m,}, or {m,n} are not supported. RETURN VALUES
The re_comp() function returns a null pointer when the string pointed to by the string argument is successfully converted. Otherwise, a pointer to one of the following error message strings is returned: No previous regular expression Regular expression too long unmatched ( missing ] too many () pairs unmatched ) Upon successful completion, re_exec() returns 1 if string matches the last compiled regular expression. Otherwise, re_exec() returns 0 if string fails to match the last compiled regular expression, and -1 if the compiled regular expression is invalid (indicating an internal error). ERRORS
No errors are defined. USAGE
For portability to implementations conforming to X/Open standards prior to SUS, regcomp(3C) and regexec(3C) are preferred to these func- tions. See standards(5). SEE ALSO
grep(1), regcmp(1), regcmp(3C), regcomp(3C), regexec(3C), regexpr(3GEN), regexp(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.10 26 Feb 1997 re_comp(3C)