Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Problem with network printer on Solaris. Post 302272297 by shahshilpa on Tuesday 30th of December 2008 07:36:56 AM
Old 12-30-2008
Problem with network printer on Solaris.

Hi All,

We have configured an hp network printer on a Solaris-sparc machine.
We are unable to print any files from this machine.

The following are the other details:
lpstat -p hpnic -l

printer hpnic waiting for auto-retry. available.
exec exit fault
Form mounted:
Content types: postscript
Printer types: unknown
Description: Printer at office
Connection: direct
Interface: /usr/lib/lp/model/netstandard_foomatic
PPD: /usr/lib/lp/model/ppd/system/foomatic/HP/HP-LaserJet-laserjet.ppd.gz
After fault: continue
Users allowed:
(all)
Forms allowed:
(none)
Banner page never printed
Character sets:
(none)
Default pitch:
Default page size:
Default port settings:
Options: dest=10.1.1.2, protocol=bsd

When the print command is issued the output is as folows:
lp -d hpnic testfile
request id is hpnic-195 (1 file(s))

lpstat -o
hpnic-195 testscripts 54 Dec 30 17:59 filtered

Nothing is printed ...

Any directions on how do we go abt this issue...?

Thanks
Shah

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

solaris network problem

hello i had soloaris 8 installed . at the beggining it sees my network card( intel i815/82559 onboard)(my mainboard is GA-8IRXP); but during the installation when I fill the ip address and the dns at the end that i should confirm it says: no dns find (i'm sure about the dns... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hessam
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Network Printer Problem-help

Hello am asking for your help on printer issues. i wanted to change the current printer we have now, basically bec we needed a more durable one. so recently i have a product demo, but its driver is not present in UNIX. i will be using the same network printer name but different model.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lancemendioro
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Install a network printer on Solaris

I want to reinstall a network printer (lexmark) on a solaris 8. I had that working but now I have a Windos message "no printer installed" I am a newbie... and hve no idea how to handle this situation. Thanks jose (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: reda
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Network Printer Problem

I am using network printer through ip address. when you check with lpstat it says, "Waiting for <printer name> to come up. other network printers working. this also work before. but now not working. scheduler & accept print jobs working. wht could be the problem (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajantha
1 Replies

5. AIX

network printer problem

I have AIX 5.3 OS. After issuing the print command, the printer state immediately goes down. I have checked the /etc/qconfig flle, resatrted the qdaemon but again same problem is occuring. I am using HP 5100 connected to jetdirect. what is the problem and it's solution? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashantchavan
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Installing Network Printer in sun solaris 10

Hi guys, i am a new user of sun solaris, i am using solaris 10, please help me how to install HP 1022n printer. This printer is in network. Thanks Daya (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: daya.pandit
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Sun solaris 10 Network printer.

Hello, I have a problem to install a network printer with lpadmin. (i must be install with lpadmin) I have a network printer samsung CLP-310. The network adress is static : 192.168.1.219 For LPD - printing is port number 515 thats what i have done. ping 192.168.1.219 192.168.1.219 is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tinyterm
6 Replies

8. SCO

problem with network printer

Install a network printer and I can only print with root login. When I use another login creates the request and will not print and soon disappears. please what should I do? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Edgar Guevara
5 Replies

9. Solaris

Configure a network printer on solaris

Hi, guys, recently my os changed to solaris 10, and i want to share the printer with another computer whose os is also solaris. Is there anyone could give me a hint to fix this problem. lpadmin -p hp5200 -v /dev/null -A write -n... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: papertiger
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Printer problem on Solaris 10 server

Hi everyone, I am new here and I just want to ask for the expert advice from you guys about the problem/issue I am encountering with network printer defined on a Solaris 10 machine. I have this printer named 'printerA' which I already added via printmgr utility. As an output, here is the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: triptrops
4 Replies
FOOMATIC-PPD-OPTIONS(1) 				      General Commands Manual					   FOOMATIC-PPD-OPTIONS(1)

NAME
foomatic-ppd-options - show the PPD options SYNOPSIS
foomatic-ppd-options [-d=debuglevel] [ ppdfiles ] DESCRIPTION
The foomatic-ppd-options program reads the specified PPD files or stdin and decodes the PPD file to produce a list of options. This is really just a text based version of other print configuration tools. The output format consists of a set of lines, each starting with a keyword, followed by a set of options and the default value. For exam- ple: makemodel = Tektronix Phaser 350 Foomatic/Postscript (recommended) name=PageSize; default=Letter; options=Letter (US Letter), A4 (A4), 11x17 (11x17), A3 (A3), A5 (A5), B5 (B5 (JIS)),... name=PageRegion; default=Letter; options=Letter (US Letter), A4 (A4), ... Each option starts with the name tag, followed by a default value (if any), followed by the set of options and a comment describing them. Punctuation in the comment is escaped. Options -ddebuglevel Set the debug level. 0 disables debug messages. [ files ] The list of PPD files to read for options. A '-' causes STDIN to be read. EXIT STATUS
foomatic-ppd-options exits with a 0 status if successful, and nonzero if an error. An error message is also printed on standard error (STDERR). AUTHOR
Patrick Powell <papowell at astart.com> BUGS
Probably. But it has been tested. Foomatic Project 2003-09-16 FOOMATIC-PPD-OPTIONS(1)