Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need help in a shell script to edit a tablespace creation script. Post 302272173 by FlyingSquirrel on Monday 29th of December 2008 11:47:32 PM
Old 12-30-2008
Open the file in "vi"

:1,$s/SIZE X .*$/SIZE 100M/

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to find the tablespace size in oracle.

Hi, I need to execute a script to find the tablespace size in oracle.But i get an error.:confused: Script Executed:- #!/bin/ksh ORACLE_SID= oracelinstance ORACLE_HOME= oracle path PATH=$ORACLE_HOME/bin export ORACLE_SID ORACLE_HOME PATH sqlplus... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vighna
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

error in script path for tablespace usage

Hi , I am trying to run this script in crontab but I get errors. When I run it explicitly like ./monitor_tblsp from another location then it runs fine . I am messing somewhere with paths but I don't know where and how . Please help . Here is the error part ./monitor_tblsp: touch: not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: capri_drm
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can we edit crontab using a shell script

Hi, Can some one tell me if we can configure the jobs in crontab using a shell script. I know it can be done easily by using "crontab -e", but i just want to know whether we can add a job into the crontab using a shell script. If it can be done, plz suggest the procedure to do it. If it... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rudrarajumk
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

alias to a shell script - tablespace size

I have developed the following shell script. The idea was to create an alias to execute it and return the tablespaces and their sizes from an oracle database. When I execute is via the alias, I have issues. So, here is the script first: > cat ts_size.sh #!/bin/ksh xwhere=" " xwild=" "... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: desibabu
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

tablespace monitoring script

I have prepared the below script to monitor the tablespace and alert the users whenever it reaches a threshold limit. #!/bin/sh . /home/.profile sqlplus -s $LOGON << .eof > $scripts/check_tablespace.temp set pages 0 select tablespace_name, free_percent from ( SELECT... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: svajhala
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to edit a file

Hello, I have a big file in wich I would like to rename inside this exactly the string '_ME' and not rename in case we have 'ABC_MELANGE'. Is there a way to do it by using a shell script? Any tip will be apreciated. The file is like described bellow, after using command more filename : ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Titas
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to edit a file

i have a file called number which contains data as 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 0 0 1 2 3 4 needed a shell script to print the output as 1 7 7 1 4 and (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacky29
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check Oracle tablespace

I'm new to unix script, and I need to check the tablespaces daily, here is the script(quite simple), but it does not work. Did I missed something ? Please guide me, Many thanks ! #!/bin/sh echo "ORA TABLEASPACE:" sqlplus system/oracle as sysdba; set pagesize 9999; set linesize 132; ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dehetoxic
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script folder creation

hi can any one help me in shell scripting where in my requirement is to write a shell script where in if i run that script i should copy all the .doc files from one system to another systems within a network like from parent folders to child folder example parent folder A within parent folder... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: afra
5 Replies

10. Homework & Coursework Questions

Edit the file in shell script

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I am trying to automate hadoop installation procedure using shell script. It involves go to perticular directory... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abdul Navaz
3 Replies
DROP 
TABLESPACE(7) SQL Commands DROP TABLESPACE(7) NAME
DROP TABLESPACE - remove a tablespace SYNOPSIS
DROP TABLESPACE [ IF EXISTS ] tablespacename DESCRIPTION
DROP TABLESPACE removes a tablespace from the system. A tablespace can only be dropped by its owner or a superuser. The tablespace must be empty of all database objects before it can be dropped. It is possible that objects in other databases might still reside in the tablespace even if no objects in the current database are using the tablespace. Also, if the tablespace is listed in the temp_tablespaces setting of any active session, the DROP might fail due to temporary files residing in the tablespace. PARAMETERS
IF EXISTS Do not throw an error if the tablespace does not exist. A notice is issued in this case. tablespacename The name of a tablespace. NOTES
DROP TABLESPACE cannot be executed inside a transaction block. EXAMPLES
To remove tablespace mystuff from the system: DROP TABLESPACE mystuff; COMPATIBILITY
DROP TABLESPACE is a PostgreSQL extension. SEE ALSO
CREATE TABLESPACE [create_tablespace(7)], ALTER TABLESPACE [alter_tablespace(7)] SQL - Language Statements 2010-05-14 DROP TABLESPACE(7)