Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) howto mount mac volume on suse 11 Post 302272166 by biorhythm on Monday 29th of December 2008 11:27:17 PM
Old 12-30-2008
Thanks for the reply Aizmov.

yes, the volumes are HFS+ but their not on the same box.

my lack of understanding is howto mount over network.

"try:
mount -t hfsplus /volume/path /mount/pat
h"

the portion /volume/path, would that include an ip or something?

just in case were not on the same page (assumingly my behalf) i have one box running suse11 one macbook pro and one power mac,(of course routers and switches and modems) and need to share files between them, and i prefer the AFP way because more services can use the protocol.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Suse Linux mount problems ?

We are experiencing several startup problems at boot time. In our /etc/rc.d/boot script we have "swapon -a -v &> /dev/null/' (without the quotes). We have also added echo statements to make it visible on the HMC during IPL. The echo statements are seen but there no messages for the swapon... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: darthur
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Floppy will not mount on SUSE

I have installed SUSE 10 on a laptop that has a swappable CDROM/Floppy drive. When I was installing the OS my CDROM was connected. Later I tried to swap it with the Floppy and mount it but no success. Here is what I get: dell:/dev # mount -t msdos /dev/fd0 /mnt /dev/fd0: Invalid argument ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: reedcat
0 Replies

3. Linux

Howto clone/migrate a volume in the SAN

Dear Srs, I have a Linux server (linux01) booting from SAN with a volume in a Nexsan SATAbeast storage array (san01). The disk/volume has four ext3 partitions, total size is near to 400GB, but only 20-30GB are in use. I need to move this disk/volume to another Nexsan SATAbeast storage array... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Santi
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SuSe Linux Mount

Hi everyone, I am new to Linux and I hope to have some advise. Suppose I have 2 differnt users who require differnt mount drives. When user1 logs in, his required drives are mounted. When user2 logs in, user1's drives are unmounted and user2's drives are mounted. May I know how I can achieve... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: viper81
2 Replies

5. Ubuntu

cannot mount volume

Hi I have recently install ubuntu on my laptop. I have tried to access my external drive wich is NTFS format but i get the following error: ´Cannot mount volume´ Can someone help me please?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DDoS
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Mount A ZFS volume

Is there any way i can mount a zfs volume using snapshot or some other means ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
2 Replies

7. OS X (Apple)

Mount my volume on remote machine

I have the need to Mount one of my volumes (All machines are mac) onto all of the machines in the lab from time to time. At the moment I'm using SSH to tunnel into each machine and then send a command to the remote machine to mount my volume using AFP. This seems convoluted to me. Is there a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheDrizzle
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mount a volume

Hi, I dig up an old topic because I don't find the solution with shell but with applescript mount volume "smb://MyIP/itransfert/Public/1-Arrivees" as user name "MyIP\\itransfert_cs" with password "MyPassword" Otherwise I would want to know the reason it doesn't work with bash: I have a... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: protocomm
9 Replies
MOUNT_HFS(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					      MOUNT_HFS(8)

NAME
mount_hfs -- mount an HFS/HFS+ file system SYNOPSIS
mount_hfs [-e encoding] [-u user] [-g group] [-m mask] [-o options] [-j] [-w] [-x] special directory DESCRIPTION
The mount_hfs command attaches the HFS file system residing on the device special to the global file system namespace at the location indi- cated by directory. This command is normally executed by mount(8) at boot time. The options are as follows: -e encoding (standard HFS volumes only) Specify the Macintosh encoding. The following encodings are supported: Arabic, ChineseSimp, ChineseTrad, Croatian, Cyrillic, Greek, Hebrew, Icelandic, Japanese, Korean, Roman (default), Romanian, Thai, Turkish -u user Set the owner of the files in the file system to user. The default owner is the owner of the directory on which the file system is being mounted. The user may be a user-name, or a numeric value. -g group Set the group of the files in the file system to group. The default group is the group of the directory on which the file system is being mounted. The group may be a group-name, or a numeric value. -m mask Specify the maximum file permissions for files in the file system. (For example, a mask of 755 specifies that, by default, the owner should have read, write, and execute permissions for files, but others should only have read and execute permissions. See chmod(1) for more information about octal file modes.) Only the nine low-order bits of mask are used. The default mask is taken from the directory on which the file system is being mounted. -o Options are specified with a -o flag followed by a comma separated string of options. See the mount(8) man page for possible options and their meanings. -j Ignore the journal for this mount. -w Mount the HFS wrapper volume. -x Disable execute permissions on a standard HFS file system. SEE ALSO
mount(2), unmount(2), fstab(5), mount(8) BUGS
Some HFS file systems with highly fragmented catalog files may not mount. HISTORY
The mount_hfs utility first appeared in Mac OS X Server 1.0. Mac OS X March 14, 2001 Mac OS X