Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting To design a report using shell script Post 302271946 by otheus on Monday 29th of December 2008 06:12:29 AM
Old 12-29-2008
We're here to help with questions, but generally not to do your assignments for you. You'll need to do a significant of this script on your own and re-post with specific questions about where you are lost.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to design a simple multi tasking shell in unix using C language

can any one help me in designing a shell in unix like bash shell using c language plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mobile01
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell design

i want to design the shell for some basic commands such as cp mkdir rm mv etc... so please let me know how to start and wich all books to refer and if any body is having the model just mail me at, devskamat018@gmail.com:) i will be waiting please reply soon (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: devaray
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

can you design/create a script for this?

Hello ALL, I have a file say test.txt, data in that file is in format such that 1st column represents number of executions of particular function 2nd column represents total amount of time 3rd column represents function name I want to get the poor/slow performing function from this file.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rahulpict
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Question on How to Design an Effective Script

Hello All, This is my situation and I am new to perl scripting so I am trying to figure out the best way to tackle this problem. I need help in creating the logic to analyze the data. Problem: I need to access an oracle database, gather information from a specific query and then analyze... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacktravine
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in Shell script to report size of files=0

Hello, I am trying to write a shell script in unix which looks for the last two files in a folder, checks their size and reports(via mail) if either of their file size is =0. cd /tmp list last two files: ls -ltr | tail -2 check if size of any of these two files is 0 if true, then send a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiran1112
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tcl - how to report out metal layer usage in a design and measure its width and length?

Hi guys, I am very new to tcl here. would like to request some help please let say i have a design .it's a IC design . I would like to know each usage of metal layer of that design and also measure its length and width? how to code in such way? thanks for any guidance/help (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: teddy6507
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script - Asterisk logs report

Dear all, I start to build script(s) for few tasks, and I'll use log files to complete the following: 1) when ringnoanswer for a particular operator hits count 10 for waittime > 14000 send mail alert with summary of calls 2) per queue - exitwithtimout > 1 in any hour, then send mail... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigbrobg
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to generate report for each user ?

I have 3 user in my linux machine let's say a,b,c .By Using last command I am able to identify list of last logged in user and by w command who is logged in and what they are doing and by history command all command used by particular user all will be shown. Now I want to write shell script... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: beingswarupmall
1 Replies
DPKG-PRECONFIGURE(8)						      Debconf						      DPKG-PRECONFIGURE(8)

NAME
dpkg-preconfigure - let packages ask questions prior to their installation SYNOPSIS
dpkg-preconfigure [options] package.deb dpkg-preconfigure --apt DESCRIPTION
dpkg-preconfigure lets packages ask questions before they are installed. It operates on a set of debian packages, and all packages that use debconf will have their config script run so they can examine the system and ask questions. OPTIONS
-ftype, --frontend=type Select the frontend to use. -pvalue, --priority=value Set the lowest priority of questions you are interested in. Any questions with a priority below the selected priority will be ignored and their default answers will be used. --terse Enables terse output mode. This affects only some frontends. --apt Run in apt mode. It will expect to read a set of package filenames from stdin, rather than getting them as parameters. Typically this is used to make apt run dpkg-preconfigure on all packages before they are installed. To do this, add something like this to /etc/apt/apt.conf: // Pre-configure all packages before // they are installed. DPkg::Pre-Install-Pkgs { "dpkg-preconfigure --apt --priority=low"; }; -h, --help Display usage help. SEE ALSO
debconf(7) AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 2018-02-28 DPKG-PRECONFIGURE(8)