Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: File system Issue
Operating Systems Solaris File system Issue Post 302271773 by lbreddy on Sunday 28th of December 2008 01:13:01 AM
Old 12-28-2008
File system Issue

Hi All,

I am working with the Solaris 9.

In df -h command / file system size is 9.6 GB , used 7.5 GB and avialble space is 2.1. OK

But in du -hd command it is showing some 4.1 GB only.

How to find out that remaining 3.4GB.

Can you please help me ...

Thanks and Regards,

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Major system issue!!! HELP

Last week our server went down. I narrowed it down the the hard drive. I received a new drive but I REALLY need some info off the old drive. I want to get the old drive up long enough to do a dd copy. Here's what I tried.............. After trying to freeze the old drive (wasn't spinning up) to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shorty
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to mount a file system of a remote machine to local file system

Hi friends, In my case, there are serveral PCs running Linux in a LAN. I would like to to mount the directory /A_river of machine-A to the file system of another machine machine-B so that I can access files in that directory. I do not know how to do this. The situation is complicated by... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cy163
2 Replies

3. Solaris

root file system issue

Hi, In df -h root file system showing (total size) (used) (free) /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0 11G 7.6G 2.8G 73% / but du -hd command showng 5.1 gb used sapce. I am missing 3.00 gb space. Here I have to knoe where is Remaining space... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lbreddy
2 Replies

4. Solaris

/ file system full issue

Hi All, This is Babu working as a system administrator. Here I am getting one problem with one of my Sun server's root (/) file system. In df -h command / file system showing 7.8 GB used space.But in du -hd command it showing 5.2 gb only. Please can any one help me resolve this issue... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lbreddy
2 Replies

5. AIX

GPFS file system corrupt issue

Hi Administrators, I have one issue related to GPFS filesystem. We have bad entries in this file system, which reflects error like ls: 0653-341 The file <filename> does not exist. when we give "ls -ltr" on this directory. So we taken the FS filesystem offline and followed the below steps. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gauravgarg
6 Replies

6. Programming

Unix system crashing - Need help to identify the issue

Hi, We are accessing our remote webserver using libcurl.We are using GET method to post the request.The request is a simplified URL.We will receive XML Response for the URL request. Problem For Few Scenarios, response for the URL request is received & our component is killed abruptly. Can... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: banus
11 Replies

7. Programming

A system hang issue in porting an old fs to kernel 2.6.32.*

Hi, I ported a file system from Kernel version 2.6.18.* to 2.6.32.46 as VFS implementation has changed and prepare_write/commit_write are replaced by write_begin/write_end pairs. Implemented the feature by writing a wrapper for write_begin and write_end and calling original functions for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Praveen_218
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shared File system- lib access issue

I have a C++ binary executable installed in a file system which is shared across multiple solaris boxes. When I start this executable from one of the boxes,I am able to start only 4 parallel instances and from the 5th instance onwards I am getting the following error. fatal: libdb2.so.1:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasperl
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

Issue with mounting the file system .

Hi gurus, Need your help , Am facing some issue with one of the ext3 file system.while rebooting it failed to mount fs after running fsck i tried manuall but still no luck.However i made the machine up but am unable to mount file system can some one please help me. root@vm258902]~# cat... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kapil514
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Issue with rm command in a tera byte file system

We have a production file system which has 6+ million files with more than 1 tera byte in size. When trying to delete selective files through a weekly script files are not deleted. Please advise with ideas. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kppublicmail
5 Replies
suninstall(1M)                                            System Administration Commands                                            suninstall(1M)

NAME
suninstall - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
suninstall DESCRIPTION
install-solaris(1M) is now the preferred command for starting and restarting the Solaris Installation program. It should be used instead of suninstall. suninstall is symbolically linked to install-solaris. suninstall is a forms-based and graphical subsystem for installing the operating system. suninstall exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should only be invoked from there. Refer to the Solaris 10 Instal- lation Guide: Basic Installations for more details. suninstall allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. suninstall loads the software available on the installa- tion media. Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for disk space requirements. USAGE
Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for more information on the various menus and selections. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pkginfo(1), install(1M), install-solaris(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations NOTES
It is advisable to exit suninstall by means of the exit options in the suninstall menus. SunOS 5.10 9 Sep 2004 suninstall(1M)